/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York: New York City

Go down 
+14
Sugar Shock
The Conductor
Sena
Leukocyte
Beta Boy
Fenrir
Lilith
Phantom of the Opera
Ottswald
Seraphim
Signal
Virtue
Compactor
Synapse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sena

Sena

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

New York: New York City - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm

"Oh, I figured we could just walk around until some crazy incident happens within hearing distance of us and then we can go interact with all different manners of insane and violent people." Saho says, walking down the street, meanwhile, he takes out a cellphone and texts.

"YO CRIPPIE; HOW U BE? I WENT 2 KILL DRACULA; HE AIN'T SHIT. BTW; SENDIN YOU A PIC OF MY NEW GIRL. WANNA B BEST MAN @ DA WEEEDDING?

P.S. I SO HIT THAT" He then sends it over to Vault's cellphone. How did he even get that number? Does Vault even have a cellphone? To make sure; he sends it to Vault's boss as well asking him to give it to Vault if he missed it.

"Hmm; I hope he won't be jealous. Hey, do you think Lulu would like Crippie?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm

"Ah, sounds nice." She imagined herself a bit in a film noir's office, Saho dressed in a fine suit (even with that cloak over his head) and herself in a highly unfitting flapper's dress. Solving crimes, enjoying the night, and...

"Crippie? I don't think you've told me of him, yet. In fact, I also remember you mention... Bassycakes?" Virgie looks around the street. People from all walks of life, all heights, weights, ethnicities, and backgrounds, all gathered here for a purpose... a purpose Virg had yet to understand, but was okay with even if she didn't get it. "I wish I was as sharp as you were, ha..."

This is Times Square, right? What an interesting part of the city. Advertisement is rampant, and so is traffic, but... it fits the mood of the city. It's in a constant hustle and bustle but it's a city that's meant for this kind of traffic. "I really did miss out not visiting here more. It was so different 50 years ago."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 pm

"Ah; right. Crippie's awesome. My old BFF. He's gay and in love with me though; so I hope I didn't hurt his feelings and Bassycakes..." Been a while since you thought about her, huh?

"...Is the other Greatest Detective." He shakes his head; trying to ignore everything Basset represents. Man, that feels like it happened so long ago, huh? Unbelievable to think it's only been a few days.

"...Huh; what was stuff like 50 or 100 years ago? Man; you must've been through so much cool stuff.

It must've been so fun back in the Cold War era. Spy games everywhere! I think I would've been really good at that." He grabs at her hand now, holding her closer.

"...And you really don't want to be anything like me, trust me."
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:35 pm

"...oh my. And I guess he's called 'crippie' because he can't walk...? As for the other Greatest Detective... you have such a vast amount of knowledge on so many people; what could she do to match your skills? And... back then?"

She began to think. Sure of what she feels comfortable about bringing up, Virg replies, "Fifty years ago... on the surface it was definitely how the stereotypes portrayed life back then. Girls were girls, boys were boys, drive-in theaters became a thing, man was dreaming of landing on the moon, it seemed idyllic... emphasis on 'seemed.' Underneath it all, though, things were very... rotten. Domestic abuse was still something gone majorly unreported, alcoholism and rampant addiction became an ugly thing heavily glamorized by Hollywood, and... I suppose the only thing I really liked from that era that I still like are the drive-in-theaters. But, as the Cold War arrived..."

Virg crossed her arms, stopping her walk and looking down. That was a bad time. She still remembered those officials not just hunting her down, but trying to GUN her down, too. And when they couldn't capture her, they captured people they believed to be her "accomplices."

"...it was a very bad time for me. Remember, the Cold War was an era of paranoia and fear, and my passive abilities..." As Saho holds her hand, she hugs him, crying again. '"...there's a reason McCarthyism is synonymous with 'witch-hunts.'"
Back to top Go down
Exrot

Exrot

Hero Name: Ches
Alter Ego: Neven Suez
Main Power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cheshire_Cat_Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Travelling across the city Neven decided that he should at least find out where he was and what was happening in the world, finding a newspaper rack Neven proceeded to materialize his hand and grab at the top copy and move to a better location to have a read.

Floating over a gargoyle Neven decided to sit down as was expected when reading to find himself fully solid (and still in his medical gown). Now sitting atop the gargoyle Neven began reading only to find himself in the city of New York and judging by the sports section the world was in horrible condition.

Upon finishing with the funnies Neven decided to float away again only to find himself stuck. "Well this sucks" was all he could think to say.

Now stuck atop the gargoyle many floors above the ground Neven began repeating his earlier exercise and attempting to become mist again.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 pm

"....oh." Way to go. Saho returns her embraces; kissing her forehead sweetly.

"Don't cry. There's no such thing as witches.' He isn't very sensitive, but he does pull her tighter, stroking her hair.

"Don't worry. Things will be different now...and...y-you know what, who cares about the past? Let's just focus on the now! This is New York! Is there anywhere you wanna go...like....let's go get some black tuxs and nice shoes; then I'll need a magnifying glass and a pipe and..." Saho lifts up her head to look at him; then gives her a quick kiss on the lips.

"We'll be the S&S Detective Agency! Hard boiled; unstoppable detectives of the night! Sounds fun, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:14 pm

"...it does, actually. I've always admired detective stories and film noir, and to actually be part of a detective agency... well, I'd never have a boring day."

As she looks back at the street, Virgie notices a disembodied hand grab at a newspaper; her face changes from happiness to confusion. "...what the..."

As she return's Saho's kiss, Virg steps over to the newspaper stand and then turns around to look up; wow, those are some pretty fierce-looking gargoyles... is that mist?

"Huh. Another super."
Back to top Go down
Leukocyte

Leukocyte

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Officer Luke Ramirez
Main Power: Peak Human Healing

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:28 pm

"Ignore that guy. He's a jerk."

The elevator descended and the doors reopened to a facility that looked more like a hospital than a jail. White tile and everything. An attendant sat at a desk a ways away from the elevator. Several guards were posted and personnel were moving around. Luke walked towards the desk and asked where Sugar Shock was being held. After getting the information, Luke started walking off.

"This place can multiple supers up to power level Gamma; which is what our little friend is. So we'll have to go through some extra security measures. Since I'm a registered hero and you're a visiting prince I think we can talk our way into keeping our weapons, though. I know you probably wouldn't want to part with that sword."

After several security checkpoints and searches, the two manage to make their way to Sugar Shock's cell. It's guarded by several security officers, and the door is black and menacing. The guards allow Luke and Ash in through the heavy metal door, leading them into a dark room with a heavy metal slab on one of the walls. As Luke pushes a button, the slab moves upwards revealing a window. Sugar Shock can be seen on the other side, pacing back and forth.

"It's a one way mirror. We can turn it off so that she can see us if you want. There's also a microphone here if you want to talk to her."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:36 pm

"Well; I am the GREATEST Detective.....man; did I ever tell you about that case I had once in Fictionia..." He's cut off by the same thing Virgilia is. A floating hand.

"See? I told you. All we have to do is walk around and SOMETHING will happen..." Mange looks up; somewhat annoyed. Not another damn super...
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:43 pm

"Hmm. Saho, stay close." Virgie picks up a rock and drags it across the pavement; it leaves a nice, white line. Good, good.

Drawing a circle around Virg and Saho, she then finishes the circle to draw Earth's symbol; people walking by her watch and they begin to step back when Virgie puts her hands to the ground and then claps her palms to it. A bit of rumbling follows, and that slab of pavement is lifted from the earth, a clean-cut circle left below. The disc rises and rises until it's level with the gargoyle and Virgie can finally get a better look at this mist.

"Hello there, stranger," Virgie tells the mist. "I noticed you took that paper from that stand. You are gonna return it... right?" Virgilia, you big hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Exrot

Exrot

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Noticing the odd pair that had ascended to his level Neven decided to stop trying to fully become mist and address their issues. "Well I would but alas I have no money to pay for this, Although if you were to give me the money I would be more than happy to pay for this horrid piece of News"

"But that is not the question here is it, I think the question should be what are you doing ruining the lovely side walk and how are you doing this?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:02 pm

"I'm sure it's not that expensive, right?" Virg reaches into another pocket and takes out a dollar, handing it to Exrot. "Here. As for how I'm doing this..."

Virgie looks down; a sizable crowd has now formed around the hole left in the sidewalk; some are taking pictures while others are looking up and yelling the same question at Virgie. She looks down again and yells that she's sorry and that she'll out the pavement back down soon. Looking back at Exrot, she shrugs.

"Hmm... if you want to say it's magic, then that's what it is."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm

"....This is all explainable; no such thing as magic..." Saho mumbled as he gripped Virgie, rather tightly. Scared?

"...Of floating concrete? Yeah kinda. Hey Siggy? Not to stop you being so lawful but uh.....I...don't really get involved in stuff that aren't my problem or a fun mystery.." Ah right, your grey morality hasn't come very much. He shoots a glare at the strange new super.

"Psst, you. You see her? I SO HIT THAT." He then raises his hand up to him, expecting a high-five.
Back to top Go down
Exrot

Exrot

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Well the associate of this crazy woman was an odd one. He also seemed very proud for being with this woman, how disgusting why would anyone want to be with someone like that. Returning the high five Neven proceeded to eye both of them.

"So are we supposed to be fighting or something I've never really dealt with people as odd as yourselves, also either way could any of you direct me to somewhere with clothes that don't scream escaped lunatic"

Materializing fully the pair would be able to see his catlike body wearing only slippers and a medical gown.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Sighing with shame at how Saho was still bragging (and with Exrot not leaving him hanging), Virg tells him, "Not really. You stoke something, but it's something very minor and replaceable. I mean... I can't blame you, honestly. As for that problem of clothes..."

Virg emptied her jacket pockets and then took it off, handing it to Exrot. "Tie this around your waist." He certainly has a... unique body type, but she paid it not much mind, though an image did come to mind of a cat stuck in a tall tree.

"So, yeah. Need help getting down?"
Back to top Go down
Exrot

Exrot

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:41 pm

"No I think I've figured it out now, this conversation let me think it out and I've decided to try this in the quickest way possible."

With that Neven then jumped from the gargoyle to get away from the crazy people and hopefully find some proper clothing besides he was now a dollar richer so at least he could grab a drink as well.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Watching Exrot jump, Virgie sighs and puts her jacket back on. "Alright, I'm gonna lower this down..."

She concentrated and lowered the concrete slab back onto its original place, making sure to seal it. The crowd began to eye her with suspicion and Virgie, fearing the worst, grabbed Saho's hand and dragged him through and away from the crowd towards... Broadway?

"Oh, this place. Saho, how do you like musicals?"
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:59 pm

"Hey! All you stupid people! Stop...uh....stop checkin my bitch!" He protects her honor, like a man.

"Hmm; see, that's the thing. A lot of supers are so.....caught up with themselves. They all like to think how special they are." Irony.

"But uh...you sure you wanna see a musical?" He leans in closer to her, whispering in her ear. "We can go someone less crowded if you want.....not for that just cause; uh, the other thing, ya'know."

Last edited by Sena on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 pm

"Um... right, right." Virgie nods. "And, yeah. I mean, most supers... they're people who suddenly gain a lot of power and not many can commit to doing complete good or complete evil, so you end up with a lot of gray supers like myself."

Though she was also 'gray' for a reason: if that dream wasn't a dream, but an actual message from... from the Lord of Darkness himself...

"And... there's also something I have to tell you about."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 pm

"It's not just that; it's that....undeserving power bloating up people's ego; for good or bad." Mange sighed, he didn't like talking about this. It reminds him how different he is from her; but....well, maybe that difference is what he needs.

"What's up? Need to tell me about how you can't control yourself any longer?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

"Ah... well, that's why you take them down, and you show them that having powers doesn't mean they're stronger than you. Hell, with all the potential I have... I still think you're the stronger one, Saho." Virgie wasn't even being modest here (well, yeah, she is), but incredibly honest towards him. "Having powers doesn't mean you're powerful. Get what I mean? And..."

Virg holds the edges of her cloak to close it around her. "...back when we were in Japan, just... sleeping under that tree... someone, something intruded my dream. And he warned me not to overuse my powers like I did, or else..."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 pm

"Me? Nah......I mean, by myself I'm just a guy. Smart and clever, maybe but just a guy..." Saho thought back on his achievements so far; he's never compared himself to supers. Why would he? He isn't one, at all....but...hmm...

"In a dream? It's just a dream; it's not like it's real...." With all this magic stuff, can you really say that?

"...Well, maybe not. Or else what? What do you mean? Overuse?..." You reached a similar conclusion, right? If she ever goes rogue....nobody has more potential power than her, and with you being so close to her physically and emotionally...

"......I don't want to do that, ever." From the way she's talking, you may not have to....

But someone will.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:54 pm

"Yeah... I know what you're thinking. If I go rotten fast, you're... ah, you don't even need to tell me. If someone does have to do it, though, I want it to be you. I trust you, Saho, I truly do.

And it wasn't a dream, per se. When I woke up... I was back in the city. I had Lucy take me back to your side. I didn't want you to worry. Because...
"

Virgie sighed.

"I think Satan himself told me to not overuse my powers. Something about how I'm borrowing powers from demons, and... I don't know, I really just want to punch his face in the next time I see him! I think he's wrong, or he's trying to intimidate me, and... it's annoying."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 am

"You...trust me?...I...." Another new experience: Being trusted. Willingly.

"But....Satan? Are...you serious? There's no such thing as 'Satan.' And there is such a thing as sleepwalking; just sayin, not everything is magic. Satan. Hah, that's a laugh." He wrapped that nice cloak around her, pulling her tight.

"...Don't ever make me do that. Okay? We'll just...be careful. 200 years and you didn't end the world, so...you can make it; right?" There's no such thing as Satan. Just a few days ago you would've said the same about vampires. But....that's different. You can beat a vampire; given enough time you might even be able to beat Zealot.

But Satan? If he ever comes after her...

"...I'm just one guy..."
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:18 am

"Of course; with my emotions, my love, my life... with everything, Saho. And yeah, it might have been sleepwaking... but we were on a forest sitting on an island. Tokyo was miles and miles away. It might have been sleepflying, but I was tired and KO'd precisely because I had no magic left in me; if I flew, it was because someone carried and dropped me in the city."

Virgie looks at Saho. It was hard to tell with her hood up now, but there was a look of worry on her face. "Why would I want to end the world, though? Just because I have the potential for it doesn't mean it's something I'd like to do."

She hugs Saho again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next