/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York: New York City

Go down 
+14
Sugar Shock
The Conductor
Sena
Leukocyte
Beta Boy
Fenrir
Lilith
Phantom of the Opera
Ottswald
Seraphim
Signal
Virtue
Compactor
Synapse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

New York: New York City - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:51 am

Moving up the stairs for a minute and coming back down with a solid white undershirt and jeans, he moves over to the door and locks it, having forgotten to do so after she walked in. Turning and nodding as he walks into the kitchen, he opens a cupboard and stares in at the contents. Mostly steak seasonings. Moving down to the fridge and opening tha-wow, that's a lot of raw meat. Calling back in from where he is, he closes it and leans against the refridgerator, looking over at the window.

"Yeah, it's just me, here. Are you hungry? I-...uh. I already...ate."

Flashing back to the many people at the hospital with large chunks torn out of their body, he sighs and looks over at her, awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Lilith

Hero Name: Lilith
Alter Ego: N/A
Main Power: Succubi Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 am

Lilith couldn't help but feel a bit of remorse as the man came back down with a shirt on now. Awhh, sad. She enjoyed looking at his chest, too. It was a nice one, after all.

A giggle escaped the succubus' lips at his question, eyes narrowing and a sly smirk spreading across her face.

"Oh, yes, I am a bit hungry, but I don't think you have what I need. You do know what I am, yes?~"
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 am

Fenrir, not being Zealot, actually enjoyed keeping his shirt on. Reaching into his refridgerator again and retrieving two cans of soda, he shrugs. Moving around the kitchen and putting a single can on the table while opening and continuing to hold the other, walks over to and stares down at her, holding the can down at her. No reaction from him at the giggle or eyes, and he just continues to look at her.

"Uh-I'm not sure what you mean. I mean...I have meat. That's...mostly it, really. I'm not sure what you are, I guess, but I'm not one to judge."

As it happens, he did have what she needed-good luck trying to get it from him, though.
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Lilith

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:06 am

It would be a lovely challenge to try and get something from him, but the effort wasn't worth the quick fix. No, no. She'd want it for long term. Especially since it wouldn't kill him to have sex with her, seeing as he lacked a true soul. Delicious.

When the soda was offered to her, Lilith cocked her head to the side, eyeing the beverage for a moment before taking it. She preferred wine, honestly, if she had to drink a mortal beverage, but this would do.

Taking a sip, the succubus smirked at him, tongue darting out to lick at her plump lips.

"Oh, sweety. You're an innocent boy, aren't you? Didn't you see what they were restraining me with at the hospital?"
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 am

Failing to react to the smirk or the lip-licking that had all the subtlety of a brick to the skull, Fenrir gives her a gentle, unassuming smile. Moving back to his own soda at the table, he opens it at stares at her, keeping a distance of around 10 feet between them-he hardly seems physically afraid of her in the sense that she might attack him, but...he kinda just seems to want her to stop grabbing him. He fails to take a sip, just continuing to look at her.

"Innocent is...hardly what I'd call it. I did just kill quite a few people. For what you were restrained with...chains? I was a bit busy, at that point."
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Lilith

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 am

Lilith laughed again at his comment on her little innocent remark. Oh, what a precious baby he was. She took another long sip from the soda, long nails drumming against the can as she smirked at him, eyeing him like a piece of meat.

"Oh, dear. Even a child can kill easily. They were using holy objects, dear. I'm a demon."

Really, she wasn't afraid of his reaction. He was a mortal demon, practically, after all.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 am

Bringing the soda up to his lips and tilting it over, drinking some of it, he shrugs at her words.

"Children can kill easily? Don't remember that course in elementary school. As for you being a demon...well, like I said, I'm in no place to judge."

Moving over towards her before overcoming and going past her, he lets out a sigh.

"My room is upstairs. Living room has a foldout couch. You can take my bed."

This guy should stop being so nice. People will forget he can become a gigantic fucking wolfmonster, soon.
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Lilith

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:31 am

Lilith's brows rose at his reaction, surprise clear on her face. Wow. He really had... no reaction at all? This guy was emotionless, it seemed. It baffled her. God, her demon friends would love to meet him.

"I... You honestly do not care? Color me shocked, dear. Most try to throw the nearest liquid on me while quoting the Holy Scriptures."

The succubus let out her tinkling laugh again, finishing off the soda before putting the can down. Hips swaying, she made her way over to the werewolf, one hand moving to his shoulder and the other trailing up his thigh as she purred.

"Oh, thank you, but are you sure you wouldn't like to join me?~"
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 am

Less of a lack of emotion and more of a distinct vision of self-hate that wouldn't allow him to summon up enough faith to try to kill a demon whether he could or not, Fenrir looks into his living room and sighs.

"I don't, no. Listen-I don't...I've killed people, before. A lot of people. I become a giant monster that tears people's heads off. What does it matter whether or not you're a demon? Besides, I know how it feels to have somebody try to kill you just because you happen to be something. Then again, I became it, and you...well, were born it. Point stands, though."

Freezing up as she grabs him, he looks down and to the side, slightly, frowning.

"I...would, yes. I like my bed. It's the only place in this house I find comfortable; but you'd be a bit invaded by having me, there, too, and that couch bed isn't very comfortable. I couldn't ask you to sleep there."

Ha, he fi-wait, no. There's still no lust in him, at all. He legitimately just prefers to sleep in his own bed.

Man, what the fuck, Fenrir.
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Lilith

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 am

Okay, something is wrong with this guy. Seriously. She is practically groping him and he gives no reaction? This was definitively a mission. She was going to make him show something if it killed her, and thankfully, she couldn't really die.

That tinkling laugh left Lilith's mouth again as she rubbed circles into his shoulder, the hand on his thigh stroking the inside of it slowly and sensually.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind at all.~ I'd love to have you there."
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin
Fenrir

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:51 am

"Uh-...sure, I guess."

Continuing to give off no signs of lust, he closes his eyes. A shrug that seems more half-formed than anything, and he finishes off his soda; pulling away from her and her...groping, he begins moving up the stairs. Man, this chick made him uncomfortable-but...demon or not, she needed help. He couldn't just throw her out; it just...he's not that kind of person. Settling back onto thoughts of his own lycanthropy, he sighs, moving to his room, opening the door, and sitting down at his desk. Moving a few things around on it, he just sits there and considers things for a moment, hating himself. Leaning back in the chair and looking up at the ceiling, a sigh escapes his lips.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 pm

"I, I am definitely a wolf in this situation. Especially since now I am a species people can hate for absolutely no reason whatsoever than 'This girl has the ability to suck our blood and gain power from it even though there are sources of blood that don't require humans and we have blood banks to completely cut the middle-man out, [i]clearly she wants to eat us[i].'" Signal heaved a great big sigh.

She thought about something for a bit, and then asked of Eric: "I guess you like bouncing and hopping around buildings and all, but would you mind if I carried you in the sky? If you'd like, I can also fly nearer to the buildings so we don't get noticed. Plus, I figure you'd have a better view of the city from an eagle's eye point..." She figured that a little help wouldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 pm

The Phantom stopped and skidded in the gravel on the roof. A ride, eh? That would be interesting to say the least. It almost seemed too good to be true. Was she even strong enough to carry him? The picture of some dame carrying The Phantom of the Opera wedding style around the skies made him have a short burst of laughter.

Smiling, he almost said 'yes'. However, how did he know he could trust this lady? He had just met her less than an hour ago, and yet here they were. Would she drop him in the air and let him fall to his doom? A sudden wave of sickness washed over him, turning his stomach upside-down. The Phantom looked at Signal seriously.

"How do I know you won't suddenly decide to drop me?"
Back to top Go down
http://choriarty.tumblr.com
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:41 pm

"Several reasons, actually." Signal landed and lifted her teashades so that she could really look at this guy (and his weird half-mask). "One, I'm neither an asshole nor a villain; two, my mentor has... lots of powers like super strength and hearing. He'll hear something like that, you falling to your death and cursing my existence and... well, your death will certainly be avenged and it'll be on my head. Three, on the day that I do decide to... defect from my mentor and feed on people, it would be a waste to kill you like that. I would at least want you to go peacefully.

"I may be a vampire—a beast, even, a literal monster—but I'm certainly not a monster in the metaphorical sense." 'At least, that's what I'm trying to stop being.' "Is that enough reasons? Because honestly that's my argument and if you still don't believe me, oh well, such is life." She shrugged, hoping that would be enough of an argument for the phantom.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Goddammit, he hated it when he said the wrong thing. The Phantom gave himself a small, mock slap and groaned. "I... didn't mean that I don't distrust you because of what you are. I don't give a crap if you're a vampire, a flying monkey, or a flipping space alien from outer space!

"It's just hard to suddenly start trusting people after living alone in a cliché opera house for years." Idiot, idiot, idiot. How was he even going to make friends this way? The Phantom wiped his face and replaced his embarrassed expression with a grin.

"Are you even strong enough to lift me? No offence, but your build doesn't look the biggest. I've seen crooks with biceps the size of skulls. Try me." he teased, lifting his arms up in a half shrug.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

"Well, I said would carry you. I never said how."

Signal, honestly, didn't have a lot in her "reserve" to carry someone. Before, if she wanted to do this, she would have to spend energy both to carry herself and the second person, but now that she can fly unaided, lifting his man would be no problem. Hopefully. If all else fails, indeed she could try to carry him and just convert whatever energy is left not into telekinesis but into physical strength.

So, with a bit of concentration, Signal lifts Eric into the air through her psychic powers. She begins to take to the air at the same time.

"Just because a person may appear scrawny or weak doesn't mean that's all they have." She winks at Eric before placing the teashades back over her eyes and slowly moving, with Eric in tow, towards the city.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:42 pm

The Phantom sputters and takes in a sharp gasp of breath when he's suddenly lifted off the ground. Something completely unintelligible is spat by his mouth that was probably a French swear word. It takes a moment, but he regains his grip and The Phantom sort of just lets her hold him. This was more than interesting.

"Should have known you'd pull a superpower thing on me, show off." he grunted, half joking. "Use your fancy powers around the kid with none why don't you. Rude."

He decided to pretend that that sudden panic did not just happen. He was still cool. He still had some dignity left. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 pm

For seeing someone so calm and collected suddenly freak out, it amused Signal to no end. If only other people were like that.

"Well, I wouldn't say being able to do the things you can do isn't a power, either, Eric, especially since it seems to come to you so naturally."

The city was, at this time, naturally in a hustle and bustle sort of state. Though Signal kept to the rooftops to keep herself and the Phantom hidden, they probably wouldn't freak out even if you had rogue fliers; after all, the place was so chock full of supers that it was something of a normal, if uncommon, sight.

After a lot of wandering around, she found the blood bank she had been looking for. Indeed, it had a rather unnoticeable appearance and she could hear a faint heartbeat inside. Someone was on the job guarding this place and doing a poor job of it. She landed on the sidewalk facing the front door, placing Eric on the ground alongside her.

"So, how'd you like the view of the city?"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:10 pm

The sights were amazing. The Phantom had no idea that the city could look this beautiful. He admits that he had climbed to the tallest tower once, when he was low, and watched the lights at night. Yet this was completely different. The felt a breeze in his face as he flew over the bright city. Flew. It was great! He was missing out not having super powers.

Then he landed. The ground was solid under his feet and he gained his balance back easily.

"Wasn't that great." he scoffed. "Would have been better if I caught a look at some dame in the shower."

The Phantom prepared himself to get smacked.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Signal didn't slap Eric because she didn't know how to respond to a statement like that. Was he calling her pretty? Was it one of those throw-away statements people use? She decided to ignore it because, honestly, she had a hunger to satiate.

She stepped up to the closed door and looked inside. Indeed, someone was asleep in the lobby. Signal shook her head. He was probably going to be fired for what's about to happen.

"Eric, can you pick locks? Or perhaps we should try a backdoor?"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Huh, no slap. That was new. The Phantom lowered his arms and looked back up. Smoothly, he brushed off his vest like nothing happened and strolled towards the door.

"I'm a bit rusty at this, haven't broken into anything for a while." He didn't mention that the last time he stole anything it was right after his family was killed. Casually, he rummaged through his pockets until he came up with a small, thin object. That would have to do. "Had to pick my way through the theatre before I settled down. You know, discover all the secret rooms and entrances and sorts. Not like I already didn't know the place in and out, but it never hurt."

The door clicked.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 pm

Hm, that seemed to be easy. Signal pushed the door open and looked around. No one reacted. But then, this part of the city wasn't as busy and, well... why would ANYONE rob a blood bank?

She stepped inside slowly and, realizing that her shoes probably made an annoying squeaking noise, decided to fly instead. Soundless and efficient if you need to run or backtrack. "Okay, the freezer should be somewhere in the back... if this guy wakes up, please inform me?"
Back to top Go down
Ottswald

Hero Name: Ottswald
Alter Ego: Otto
Main Power: shell weaponry, was once an otter

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:18 am

"Kid, this mission is different from the rest I've gave ya."

"Odd way to start a conversation, but go on." I responded, confused at how different this could be

"You saw da news today, right? Two people took down that nun hospital at the end a da road."

"So do you want me to take them out because you had money invested there?" I questioned, wondering how different this could be

"Hell naw, I hated that place, can't even give you a flu shot without praying over you saying you're possessed for a half hour. I just wanted you to make nice with these guys, for all I know they're after me next."

"Now I see how different this is. I'll try, but I should tell you that my public relations are a little lacking, me being an otter most of my life."

"I know you can do it kid, if you're at least half as good at that as you are at killing shmucks."

"You've convinced me, I better be making mad cash for this. They said one of those dudes is a werewolf."
Back to top Go down
Leukocyte

Leukocyte

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Officer Luke Ramirez
Main Power: Peak Human Healing

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 am

A "ding" noise came on over the intercom. "This is your captain speaking, we are now arriving at JFK International from Dallas/Fort Worth International. The time is 11:30 pm, Eastern Time. Current temperature is 61 degrees. Thank you for choosing Oceanic Airlines, we hope you enjoy your stay in New York."

'61 Degrees?' Luke thought. 'In the summer? How can people stand that?'

The plane descended, giving Luke a panoramic of NYC. How long had it been since he was last here? Five years? A lot had changed since then. Hopefully Mark was still his old self. Luke needed that after what had happened in Sustan.

Mark was an old friend in the NYPD. He was busy on patrol tonight, so Luke would have to sleep at the hotel and wait until tomorrow to say hello. Going on patrol. Luke missed that.

The plane landed, Luke filed out, grabbed his luggage at the baggage claim, and stepped out into New York. The cold air filled his lungs as he walked to the Charger he rented. He started the car and reached to turn on the sirens that weren't there. It was odd to be in a Charger that didn't have bullet proof windows, armor plating, a battering ram, an integrated police laptop, a police scanner and a bared and armored rear seat, but the familiarity of it was refreshing. At least he still had his police scanner watch.

Luke fiddled with the watch wistfully. It crackled to life. "Repeat, 211S in progress at Helping Hands Blood Bank. Please Respond."

'Someone's robbing a blood bank? Why would ANYONE rob a blood bank?' Luke thought. He pulled his SPD badge out of his pocket. 'I might not be Sustan's Super Cop anymore, but I'm still a registered super. 'That was a thought. Healing fast as a super power. 'It WOULD be within my jurisdiction to help. And I DID pack my gear.'

Luke suited up, pulling his beige coat over his Mark III Aegis Armor. He popped an undercover police light on to the top of the Charger and sped off to the direction of the blood bank. On patrol again. Luke smiled.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:22 am

Finally, the freezer.

It was much bigger than the one near Hot Spring, and it had more blood, too. Perhaps she could take a pack or two on the go? She didn't generate body heat anyway so it wouldn't be that bad, right?

Signal grabbed one of the bags. B+, her blood type. She bites into the bag, sucking it dry. It was indeed therapeutic. Feels like biting someone without going through the trial and error of looking for a vein... or was it an artery? She grabs another and drains that one, too. A-. She grabs a third as an on-the-go sort of thing. There were plenty of people in NYC, plenty of healthy potential donors. Not a problem if she takes a bag, right?

By the time Signal stepped out, though, she heard the distant noise of police sirens. "Ah crap, it's Amarillo all over again...!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next