/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York: New York City

Go down 
+14
Sugar Shock
The Conductor
Sena
Leukocyte
Beta Boy
Fenrir
Lilith
Phantom of the Opera
Ottswald
Seraphim
Signal
Virtue
Compactor
Synapse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Sena

Sena

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

New York: New York City - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 pm

"Someone...trusts me." What an odd emotion he was feeling; so rare. Trusted? Willingly? Wow...

"...I..whatever it was; it wasn't Satan. Not a chance, and.." He returns her hug tightly, whispering to her.

"I love you, okay? I know you'd never do something like that;it's part of why you're so amazing. After 229 years; you haven't ended it all yet, you're still fine.....I broke after 20." Behind that hood, he smiles; yeah, you broke but, well, you can be fixed now.

"...But hey, that's enough mushy stuff; let's go get some sweet-ass tuxs, a magnifying glass, and a pipe and go detect the fuck out of something."
Back to top Go down
Prince Ashlynn

Prince Ashlynn

Hero Name: Prince Ash
Alter Ego: Ashlynn Rivals the First: Crown Prince of Fictionia
Main Power: Swordsmanship

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 pm

"Go ahead and turn it off." Ash stares forward at the contained form of Sugar Shock; weird, he could've killed her easily before she made him sick, after all, he cut her weapon in half. It wouldn't have been hard to change that to her head. Still; he felt strangely annoyed by her words, be 'friends'? Why would someone with so much power want a friend? What's so great about them?

"....What's a 'friend'?" He asks her, the mirror turning off so SS can see him.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:23 pm

"...Sure. Though I'm more of cigarette holder sort of person."

Virg walked with Saho towards... somewhere; honestly she didn't know where the hell she was going and just let him lead instead.

"And... even if I wanted to end everything, I can't. That amount of... energy required would easily kill me. Plus, there's no point ending a world that constantly has interesting things going for it. Like, imagine finding a movie that never ends and is always interesting. You stop to take a break, but in the end... don't you want to see everything? All the possible plot twists and character development?"
Back to top Go down
Sugar Shock

Sugar Shock

Hero Name: Sugar Shock
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Sugar Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 pm

"FUCK!" Sugar Shock is startled by Ash's sudden appearance. The annoying nosy questions from authority figures had died down and Sugar was not expecting more company.

"You came to see me!!" She says excitedly. "We ARE friends after all! You're not a huge unfun jerkass! Yay!" Sugar's slightly shattered mind immediately jumps to the conclusion that someone cares about her, if only to preserve the sanity she has left.

"Oh my god it's sooo boring here!" She carries on. "I had a song stuck in my head earlier and I sang it and they freaked out and made me stop because of some magician cocksucker who sang stuff and it happened that was through here a bit back. I guess the stories about other people that came here are nice but not as fun as bedtime stories I like those best you know."
Jesus Christ she won't shut up now in the hopes Ash won't leave in the middle of a conversation, great job.
"I like the one about the wild things and also the one about the caterpillar that eats fucking everything oh oh and the mouse and the cookie and the magic school bus books!" The rambling shows no sign of stopping.

Back to top Go down
Prince Ashlynn

Prince Ashlynn

Hero Name: Prince Ash
Alter Ego: Ashlynn Rivals the First: Crown Prince of Fictionia
Main Power: Swordsmanship

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 pm

"....You didn't answer my question." Why is he even here? He sighs; it's so hard to believe that....THIS is a Gamma level threat; even more so that this has power enough to be useful worldwide; or that militarizing it would be an amazing super-weapon.

"I can't be your friend because I don't know what one is! Look at you! Do you have any idea how powerful you could be? What's so great about having a friend that you need one so badly despite how strong you are?!" Ash was currently dealing with a theme many Saturday morning cartoon villains had to: Trying to understand the power of friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sugar Shock

Sugar Shock

Hero Name: Sugar Shock
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Sugar Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:36 am

"A friend is someone who understands you and likes you and wants whats best for you and is there when you need them and they're fun to hang out with and they think you're fun to hang out with and you care about each other and it's really great!" Sugar Shock speaks very quickly in her excitement but is still mostly understandable.

"Who cares about being strong if there's nobody fun to share it with anyway? What's the point?"
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

Hero Name: Espada
Alter Ego: Maria Medina
Main Power: Vorpal Sharpness Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am

Maria checks the inside of her suitcase again. 500,000 American dollars. Beautiful. She closes the suitcase again and keeps her pipe close to her.

She hides on the second floor of this derelict building, suitcase in one hand, pipe in the other. Ever since all those police arrived, they've been near the scene of that man's death non-stop. As soon as she heard police heading towards the stairs, though, Maria dived towards the stairs to the third floor and climbed. She kept climbing and climbing until she reached the roof and headed towards the fire escape located on the back of the building. She looked up; were those... damn it. Helicopters.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 am

Moving across the roofs of the city as easily as if he were a fish and they were water, Virtue eventually comes up to a police helicopter. Shooting a web to it and pulling himself up closer to it, he hangs there for a little while before looking down at what it seems to be tracking-huh. Some woman with a pipe. Easily sillhouetted against the sky by merit of his white suit, Virtue drops from the chopper, moving down to the roof at a rapid speed; eventually falling past the edge of the roof and coming to the exterior wall, his hands fly out and he grabs onto it. Climbing it easily with nothing but his bare hands, he makes his way up and flips himself over onto the roof, putting his hands on his hips and circling around Espada.

"Surprise! The party is down at the local jail. C'mon, I'm sure my friends in the helicopters would be more than happy to bring us there."
Back to top Go down
https://coniverse.forumotion.com
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:02 am

"< Get away from me! >" Maria shouts and runs for the fire escape, checking that the locks on the suitcase and chucks it off the roof, then jumping onto the fire escape and beginning to climb down.

There wasn't a lot of ways she could get out of here, but as soon as she was on the ground Maria grabbed the case and ran in whatever direction she could find feasible. As she found herself passing by a door into another building, she cuts the door down and runs in. This building is far more used... it's, in fact, a warehouse. Good, this should give her some places to hide.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 am

"People are always doing that, running and yelling things in foreign languages. I guess it's my personality. Maybe it's the costume?"

Shooting two weblines out at the building across the street, he pulls himself forward and pulls away as he comes out over the fire escape, allowing himself to fall to the ground. Upon hitting the ground, he slams into it on all fours, utterly unharmed by the fall. Seeing her slice down the door and enter the warehouse, he shoots a web up and flings himself up, through a window and into it; another webline to the ceiling, and then he moves himself across it, looking down at the floor from where he's climbing.
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:15 am

The warehouse was massive and... wow, dark, too. But that's expected.

After what seemed like a lot of running around and bumping into things, Maria found an office that she could duck into and, rather than fiddle with the lock, cut the door down and ran inside.

If this cabrón-araña wanted to fight, so be it. She did better in enclosed spaces anyways.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:22 am

Looking around the large warehouse for a little while, Virtue brings himself around the area, looking for her. As he does this, a thought occurs-can he see in the dark? Huh. Pretty good question, Virtue. The answer is yes, spiders can...do that. I don't know, the internet says you can, and I'm not disagreeing with it now. Moving along on the ceiling, Virtue's eyes scan the area for her; he eventually comes to a small spider making a web, and they blink at eachother for a moment before it runs off. Looking down at the movement in the office through its window, Virtue's eyes narrow beneath his mask and he shoots a web up at the ceiling, swinging down and slamming into the window. Breaking through it easily and tumbling into a position on all fours, he stares at her and moves back slightly.

"Come on, you'll miss the cake cutting! On a diet? I mean, it's not like you couldn't stand to lose a few pounds."
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 am

Maria steps back, pipe in hand and corner pointed towards him. "< Stay back! Stay back! I was attacked first! I'm innocent! >" Are you sure about that, Maria? Sure, you were held at gun-point, but you did lop off his arm and left him to bleed to death. You could've cut the gun in half and be done with it, but no, it's always extremes with you.

"Get away!" Maria shouted in her heavy accent. Was he... was he sent by those suited men? To retrieve her money? She didn't really understand a lot of what this man was trying to tell her, though it didn't seem good.

"Innocent!"
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:37 am

Virtue had just managed to show up because of the police chasing her; apparently, she'd killed someone. Generally, that results in bad stuff happening, like helicopters coming out of the sky to shoot at you, and police yelling stuff just because a guy had managed to grab onto the back of a subway train after you'd webbed him up, and then half of his body comes off. Generally being lost in thought, Virtue looks up at the ceiling, shaking his head a little before coming back.

"If you're so innocent, why did you cut open several doors, then jump off a roof to avoid police helicopters? That's not something people do often. Man, my Spanish sucks-I only know how to speak ogre, and sometimes spider, probably."
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:42 am

"Eh..." Maria was lost for words. Not necessarily due to not being able to explain; oh no, she could explain just fine. The problem was finding the right words in English. So, she began to try and explain to this man: "I was... selling goods to a bunch of suit men. I leave building with payment, then man with gun tells me to hand him money. I scared, and..." And then you chop his arm off, right?

"I disarm him." Congratulations, you win first prize in the Pun-athalon. "He attack first. I am innocent. Self-defense."

However, Maria kept her pipe raised at Virtue. She heard things about America's justice system, terrible, terrible things... particularly for their supers.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:46 am

Thinking for a moment, Virtue is about ready to accept the explanation before realizing that he's not actually that stupid. Reading into it a bit more, he shakes his head and looks directly at her, standing himself up.

"So, what 'goods' were you selling that required you to be paid fully in cash? Self-defense is an easy thing to get off on, vigilanteism less so, but it seems a bit odd that you'd be doing something like going to see a bunch of suited men, then coming out with a large suitcase filled with money. Also, isn't that kinda just your conjecture? I mean, how can you prove it was self-defense? Generally, that's what our justice system is supposed to do."
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:55 am

She might as well come out; maybe she'd be known by this guy? She lowers the pipe.

"I sell blades. The suited men were collectors. They buy quality swords, replicas of old time weapons, forged by hand." Here's to hoping he buys this lie. "They pay in cash because I have no bank account. Before this, I have very little money, close to nothing to my name. I move from Spain, came here to America, and moved business with me. Here, they pay for swords, even if they don't use it. They appreciate my work."

Thinking that introducing herself would help with her story, she finishes her explanation with, "I am Maria Medina, of the Medina espadero family."
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Well, that seems like a pretty reasonable explanation. Taking it, Virtu-

"You shut the fuck up, narration boxes. Alright, let's actually...think, for a little bit, about why what you just said to me is bullshit. Now, these things are forged by hand, right? Where did you forge them, without any money? Generally, large buildings like those'll cost you. Same thing with getting weaponry through customs, even for replica purposes; possible, but the license costs a lot. None of what you're saying seems possible, without having a bank account. Your story is a lie. Tell me what you were actually doing, Maria Medical."

Man, there was literally no chance at all she'd get that reference. Still, his quips were for his own sake, fuck people who weren't him. Well, when it came to making them laugh anyway. Except for those times where he tried to get into stand up comedy; he was actually pretty funny, eight people just ended up dead. The manager tried to convince him it was normal, but h-alright, story over.
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:16 am

"...I was selling knives to these men. Ordinary silverware knives... but watch." She drops both the pipe (which loses its sharpness immediately) and the case and takes out from her back pocket a piece of metal, well-made and very hard to damage normally. She places it on the desk to her left and picks up from that same desk a sheet of paper. "Ordinary paper, can't cut anything but skin, even then only shallow cuts." She holds it between her fingers for a second, keeping them away from its edges. To Virtue, nothing would happen. In Maria's eyes, though, she'd see the edges of the paper light up a bright orange and then settling down, an orange film replacing the light.

Very carefully, she pushes the paper, by its edge, through the chunk of metal. The metal is easily cut through. She lifts the paper up, unsharpens its edges, and tears the paper in two; separating the two metal halves, there is a distinct cut mark on the desk. "I can make anything sharp, sharp enough to cut through steel, even through diamond. I can also easily do the opposite, make knives cut nothing, as if made of plastic. I sold those men knives that can cut through even heavy armor... but not for long.

"But I am a... what you say, a swordsmith. I simply need the money to set up shop again."
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 am

Thinking on the subject for a moment, Virtue doesn't really think about the subject at all. Standing there and thinking, presumably about stuff unrelated to this situation, he shrugs, looking over to the window.

"Uh-huh. Well, you do realize that this arguing is kind of a moot point, considering that a bunch of police officers are about to come into the building? I mean, helicopters were after you for a reason, and they don't exactly take rationalizations without going to a police station first. Also, they have things called guns. A lot of people do, actually; you'd think that you'd do better if you became a gunsmith, or a bulletsmith, or something. I mean, realistically, bullets that can pierce through anything would be a better deal than swords that can pierce through anything. Then again, if they lose power as they go further from you, you'd basically just be firing normal bullets, which...would still probably be better than trying to fight a gang war using a bunch of knives."
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:54 am

"Tch. Guns." Maria hated that word, and she hated the weapon even more. Yes, it was useful, but it took her family's only livelihood from them. "Such a boring weapon."

She picked up the pipe and case again, jumping on the desk and running out towards some kind of exit. What she heard next disheartened her: "This is the police! Stand down; we have you surrounded!" Goddamnit.

"Carajo..." She backed off, honestly preferring to fight the man in the white spandex than to face the police.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 am

"Well, swords are pretty boring too, when you think about it. Realistically, they went out of use for several reasons, one of the foremost being exactly that they're pretty fucking hard to learn how to use well. I mean, put a gun into the hand of a monkey and that monkey is a legitimate danger to the well being of others; a sword...well, not really. I mean, I guess he could slash a dude or something, but he'd be more dangerous just punching you. Monkeys are pretty strong. Also, the whole part where gunsmithing is actually a lot harder than swordsmithing, considering all the complicated parts and engineering involved; honestly, the only reason people consider the blacksmithing of swords to be more honorable is because it only happened before interchangeable parts came into popular use, meaning that every single sword had to be unique. Really, a well made firearm takes just as much work as a well made sword. Being a swordsmith in this day and age is like trying to sell lemon juice to a thirsty person; we get that your heart is in the right place, but he's probably gonna end up dead if he drinks nothing but lemon juice."

Standing there and continuing to ramble on about this stuff, Virtue seems a pretty easy target; sadly, if she decided to actually get into a fight with him, she'd see pretty soon how good of an idea it would've been to go out and try to talk to the police.
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:20 am

Maria runs back to the office, shouting, "Explain to them I am innocent!" She slides the suitcase to a corner, gripping the pipe with her right hand now rather than her left.

"Or... < you can capture me by force. >" She knew, at this point, that the man in white wouldn't understand a word she had said, but it didn't matter. She didn't want to simply back down. She came to America to make a living and to live the American dream, and if she had to fight for it, well, so be it.

"¡En guardia!" Maria ran towards Virtue, ready to slash at him with a razor-sharp pipe.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:25 am

That tingling feeling that overcomes him whenever someone is about to stab him up, or shoot him, or his girlfriend is about to break up with him, or if that dude in the rainbow shirt is checking him out; it comes up a lot. Anyway, that feeling overcomes him, presumably because a woman is about to slash him with a blunt looking pipe. Moving down and dodging as easily as he would take breath, Virtue then stands back up, half-shrugging at her.

"Okay, so, let's talk about etiquette. Trying to kill someone while also asking them to tell the police you're innocent for slicing a man's arm off is bad manners. Also, you're not really good at hitting people with stuff."
Back to top Go down
Espada

Espada

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:36 am

"Agree to help me... or I won't stop!" She swings again. Yes, the pipe was sharp now, but not enough to create gashes. She may have let someone to bleed to death, but she didn't want a premeditated murder on her hands. But of course, she wasn't going to tell him that.

Another swing, this time for his legs. If that missed, she would swing upwards. And if that missed, well... let's hope he doesn't run. "How can I trust you?!"

Maria wondered if she even wanted that help so much as she wanted a sparring buddy. She ignored these thoughts and kept swinging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next