/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor

Go down 
+6
Zealot
GRAVITY LAD
Signal
Valencruz
Behemoth
Synapse
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Agent 58664

Agent 58664

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Agent 58664
Alter Ego: Chett Manstachio
Main Power: Darkforce Manipulation

Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 am

True to his hobo-instincts, Agent began dumpster-diving for things to make a make-shift ladder out of.

This did not turn out fabulously.
Wandering though dumpsters, he did find several bits of old clothes and sheets, however. Tying these together gave him something that could pass for rope. Tying the end of the 'rope' into a loop and adding some loose, but weighty junk to the loop to make it easier to toss, Agent returned to the cliff with his hobo-rope and threw the loop for a bit of rock that was jutting out.

It took several tries, but within the hour (since he began tossing), 58664 was scaling the rock-face, slowly.
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

GRAVITY LAD

Hero Name: Gravity Lad
Alter Ego: Isaac Parker
Main Power: Double Jump

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 am

"The law may bend, but what's right doesn't. You wouldn't kill a defenseless boy would you? Hey, I've got a science lesson for you.I've been able to double jump for the past year now. My calf strength is similar to a horse. Let's watch what happens."

She reaches in for the to attack Gravity Lad, Gravity Lad quickly jumps over the dragon lady. She turns around, still just as pissed as before, as Gravity Lad attempts to kick her into the wall.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 am

Peering out over the rock face, an elder popped into the bird's view. It cooed gently and suddenly there appeared to be a landslide. Rocks of all shapes and sizes came down at the man, with a fleshy, fishy, rotting one hitting him square in the face. It was probably just a fist, in retrospect. To survive those boulders would require incredible luck or an enormous amount of agility.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 am

"Double what?" Agatha inquired. She might've continued but was kicked squarely in the gut. Kneeling, attempting to regain composure, the thought "What kind of boy scout hits a fucking lady? Not the knight in shining armor he thinks is, then." She also sort of said it under her breath, which she was still trying to catch.

Words that did stay in her head, however, was the thought that attacking a soldier on duty was akin to treason, or at least a felony charge. Probably punishable by death, too, and she'd assume the role of executioner in addition to judge and jury. If the law disagreed, maybe she'd just end up doing what Avery did, worst come to worst. But it'd her word against a dead, treasoner, right?

She eventually rose to her feet, the too her wings. She considered unholstering her guns, but that's be too messy. Instead, she unsheathed her personal hunting knife and lunged at the child, inadvertently carrying both of them out of a conveniently placed window.
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

"I heard that lady. You're the one that threatened me with my life. Self defense baby. Chivalry is not part of my moral..."

She unsheathed her personal hunting knife and lunged at the child, inadvertently carrying both of them out of a conveniently placed window.

He tried shifting his body weight to where he was on top. The ground wasn't very far away, he had to act quick. He had an idea. "Lady, you're just all kinds of annoying. Take if from me, this is going to hurt." She took the knife and stabbed Gravity Lad's arm. Ouch. That was enough room for Gravity Lad to break free and kick her one more time,forcing her into the pavement. Gravity Lad did one jump right before landing to insure he did not get injured. That won't stop a stab wound though. He needed to get out of there.
Back to top Go down
Agent 58664

Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 am

Agent swung wildly by one hand after the first hit. As he was reeling, head spinning, he saw boulders bearing down on him. Not having time to plan, he jumped off the rock face.

Black flames surrounded his body. He could already feel his insides roiling as even this mostly external application of DarkForce upset his body.
He floated back up, beyond the reach of the boulders. Drawing his guns, he looked for the assailant.

<Megaman X Music here>
Agent reveals:
??? (15 points)
Error - Agent hasn't revealed the real power
Agent reveals Alternate Power:
Force Field 10 (Impervious) Linked Flight 5 (250mph; 2200ft / round)
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 am

In a crater below, the woman was unconscious for a brief moment, momentous enough that someone could get off her if they felt like it but brief enough that is couldn't have been very long at all. In a daze, she rose to her feet, clutching her head in pain as she stumbled against the building, unable to focus on anything with her double vision.

Monitoring the situation was a man of nondescript ethnicity and a mustache. He observed the situation with cold, unwavering eyes and blinked none the while. If one didn't know better, they'd say he looked just like the man the android was fiddling with. That'd be improbable, but plausible, probably.

He turned his piercing gaze to the boy, the one from earlier. He said nothing but narrowed his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:58 am

The bird squawked loudly and flew into the...thing's face. If one could see past the feathers, they'd see a cave full of immeasurable darkness, with fish skeletons dotted around the the outside, some of them still with flesh on the bones. The other birds heard a familiar caw and began to fly to the site of the disturbance.

Even on the ground, Lt. Danvers heard the commotion and smirked as she and her partner peeled out.
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:01 am

Gravity Lad winced as he took the knife out of his arm and threw it on the ground.Great, why does it so happen that every time I go out to help people, I end up getting in trouble and hurting people? Gravity Lad asked himself in his head. He looked at the man with a mustache. He was silent. The man was observing what was happening.

Gravity Lad recognized the skinned man. That was the same banana peel rubber skin that the robot was holding earlier in the tent. Could it be the same? Could that robot just have a costume of this man? Weird.

"Look buddy, I don't want to start another fight. If you got a beef with me please get in line and fight me AFTER this dragon lady. Two adults on one teen isn't really fair." Gravity Lad told the man.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am

"Child, I thought your mission here was to vandalize my weapon. You did so. Why do you attack the personnel? Is this not the opposite of what you told me?" His emotionless voice seemed familiar.

A small crowd of army personnel gathered at the ruckus, one of them helping Col. Laurence away to find a medic. It was a nasty spill, but she'd recover. She muttered something incoherent as she was carried off.

His interest piqued, the android inquired: "Tell me lad, how do you defy the laws of gravity and of nature? How you you, a mere child, sustain no damage while defeating Col. Laurence?"
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am

"Look, she came after me. She was going to arrest me. I'll admit that I ran and fired a warning shot. I did that. She then threatened to murder me, admitting she'd bend the law to do it. I was doing what I had to.I didn't touch a hair on anybody's head. DAMN I've never been stabbed before."

He looked at the dragon lady. Glad that was over. She's fine too. Good. Gravity Lad could add woman beater to his list of sins, but he would never want to be a murderer. The man inquired to how he defeated her.

"I wouldn't call me a 'mere child' , I'm a guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not an expert on physics, but hell my powers defy them. I don't know how it works, I don't ask questions. I just found purpose in it."

He looked at the stab wound.

"I wouldn't say I didn't get hurt. You might not know this, but getting stabbed is a pretty painful experience." He thought for a second about what he wanted. He wanted a hospital, but that weapon needed to be destroyed. "Hey buddy, you don't seem to want to kill me. Can I ask of you a favor?" He asked the mysterious man.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:29 am

"Boo, you suck!" One of the background soldiers shouted. The other clamored in agreement.

Not even looking at the boy, instead his eyes fixated on the gun he held in one hand and another elaborate tool in the other, he responded "Forgive them. I may honor your request if you tell me everything about your powers and then leave the premises," in a very droll way.
Back to top Go down
Agent 58664

Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am

(Writing this under the assumption that the bird's claws are in no way as powerful as a tank's cannon)

The bird coming for his face made 58664 wince instinctively. He crossed his arm before his arms to ward off the attack which... did no damage.
As he regained his composure, Agent, uncertainly, allowed the feathered foe to attack his face so that he could be sure that his protection was at least strong enough to take on a bird's talons.

Deciding this field test was working well, 58664 sped off... far too quickly. Within 6 seconds he was 8800ft from the bird... He changed direction and was back just as quickly.
"All right, full speed was a bad idea," he concluded.
Moderating his speed, 58664 began leading the bird...s now in a circle, casually shooting them down.
He'd once seen a documentary on birds, he imagined, and seem to recall that hunting birds could not survive in such density as prey was not abundant. Time to help nature survive.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 am

Hearing the screeches of his darling birds in the throes of death, whatever what in the cave charged out with full force, roaring. A massive, hulking, brutish looking figure covered in purple scales. Also it appeared to be growing a tail, but it still had a vaguely human form. It bore razor sharp fangs and large, menacing horns. It snarled at the man, making him privy to a long, whip-like tongue that dripped with saliva that bubbled against the surface of the rock. His ankles and wrists appeared to have been bound at one point but eventually liberated, marked by the fact that there were shackles clasped around them with the chains visible broken. He wore tattered, makeshift pants suspended by a rope belt.

Deciding that exposition as sufficient, the figure began hurling rock after rock after rock, without missing a beat. Meanwhile, the birds that had not been shot down nimbly dodged the falling stones and continued to scratch at the man's face and body armor and...face. Were they trained for this?

Last edited by Synapse on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 am

"Ahahaha. I thought this place would be gold or silver, you know, to be indie. Saho walks up the a nice, swanky house, bag in hand. What's in the bag? Oh....stuff. He's happy to knock on the back door....and then break through it anyways. Saho has great manners! Yup! I knocked first, so it's not actually breaking and entering." Stop doing my job.

Sahoooooo, is there anyone here?" Saho says, in a high-pitched....'feminine' voice

"Ohhh King of GOLD!!! Yoohoo! Stripper telegraph for you!"

Saho mocks reason and logic as he strides around the large house shouting and talking to himself, blissfully unaware of whatever dangers this place may hold.
Back to top Go down
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

Arthur

Hero Name: Midas
Alter Ego: Arthur Andrews
Main Power: Chrysopoeia (Gold Transmutation)

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:19 am

Andrews lifted his eyes from the microscope. He could hear someone calling above, probably on the first floor. It was odd, he was sure that his door was locked, and he couldn’t imagine anyone bothering to break into his house, and then proceed to announce their presence. For safety, he reached for the pistol he kept on the inside of his jacket, and switched safety off. Slowly, he climbed up the steps of his basement, and peered around the corner. What he saw surprised him. A man, casually stepping around the house rambling to himself, with a large bag slung over his back.

Andrews mind was racing, searching for possible explanations. The man could be a burglar, and that sack could be used to hold stolen items. But if that was true, him announcing himself doesn’t make sense. It was unlikely it was someone he knew, or else they would have knocked at the door. Not knowing precisely what he was, Andrews stepped out into the corridor, and pointed the gun at his chest.

“Who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my house?”
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 am

"Oh no, Sahooooo he has a GUN!"

"Ahhh...ohh...." Saho sways from side to side

"Daddy, and this is how you treat your long-last daughter?! It is I....YOUR CHILD WITH RODERICK! How could you leave on the eve of my Sweet 16? Oh daddy, I just can't stand it!" Saho, letting his bag fall down to the ground, approaches the man by...skipping?

"Oh but daddy HAS been naughty~ Why don't you put that monster away and we can talk about the good ole days! Like a friend of mine who wants to meet you and...

And MOMMY"

Last edited by Sena on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 am

What? Arthur didn’t even now a Roderick, and if he did, surely it would be impossible for them to have a … God damnit Arthur, stop entertaining these notions. He’s evidently a crazy person, spewing out whatever non-sensical thoughts pop into his head. However, a crazy person breaking into your house is rarely a good thing. In fact it could be troublesome. Firing a warning shot was what came to mind first, but he couldn’t discount the possibility of the police being notified, and he certainly didn’t want them searching this house. Perhaps, the most efficient way would be to calm him down, and try to not anger him into hitting Arthur with a lead piping, or whatever was in that bag.

“Well, dearie, why don’t we talk then?” Well, he was trying to be nice to the mentally ill man, but his voice came out dripping with sarcasm. “Maybe we could talk about how you showed up so unexpectedly”
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:46 am

"Saho grins wildly and happily, accepting Artie's OBVIOUS challenge to him!...by the way, where IS mommy? Out in the lawn? She must make a great scarecrow, considering what her facial expression probably was....OH, man, think of all the stuff that must poop and pee on her! Hey, man-to-man, she's an improvement now, right?" Saho had done his homework....how he gets that sort of information is perhaps best unexplained but...taunting a man like that. Not cool, Saho.

"Let me get to the point: Your hubby wants a suit for the prom. One that can dampen radiation at crazy, crazy levels....AND meta-human abilities. Hmm, a suit for stopping meta-human powers, bet you wish you thought of that sooner, huh? Oh by the way...." Saho, as if he's not purely satisfied endlessly taunting a man, pulls out something from the bag...a...figurine? Of some girl in a swimsuit posing, probably from a show or game or something

"How about lending me some of the Midas touch?"
Back to top Go down
Agent 58664

Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:49 am

58664 saw a man... a lizard-man... a large, irate, lizard-man... a large, irate, purple lizard-man who promptly began chucking large rocks at him.

This was, decidedly, not a happy camper.

"Ho! Who are you, large, purple one," yelled Agent before he had to speed up to avoid the first rocks.

They were coming straight and true, but the distance between Agent and the purple lizard offered some measure of breathing room. He would need to close the distance before even thinking of launching a counter attack, but parley would proceed action, so he stayed at a reasonably safe distance.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:54 am

Choosing to snarl angrily in response, rather than using his words, the creature continued his assault. Ordinarily, one would've ran out rocks quite a while ago, but no, they kept coming. It's like he was prepared for just this occasion.

The bird screeched loudly as they encircled the man, trying to break his focus with an aural assault, hoping that the acoustics of the mountain would amplify the effect. smart birds.
Back to top Go down
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:04 am

This man … knows about his power. This was bad. He didn’t think the information would spread so quickly. What was it? His recent influx in wealth? Him quitting his job? The disappearance of his colleague, Marianne? Whatever it was this man had worked it out. Meaning that this insanity was more than likely a façade for quite an intelligent person. Not good. What’s more, he wants gold. Probably in exchange for his silence on the matter, but he still didn’t want to spread too much gold around, and devalue it.

However, this man wasn’t coming with demands. In his own odd little way, he was making an offer. He was acting as a medium for someone who wanted some kind of radiation suit. But, Andrews didn’t want to be working in the dark.

“Listen, I can try and make a radiation dampening suit, it wouldn’t be too hard, but I want to know what it’s for, who it’s for, and what’s in it for me. I can’t work without these criteria being filled. Now, I understand that perhaps your employer hired you with the intent of secrecy, but if you were to disregard that, and perhaps give me the at least the name of this man, then I could perhaps find my way to spread some of my wealth as it were.”
Back to top Go down
Agent 58664

Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 am

The bird's squawks had been bad before, but his non-functional communication earphone (the ones he had found in his case) had provided some comfort. This new concentrated attack was maddening. Agent pressed his earphones tighter around his ears with his fists and flew straight up at speeds that no natural birds could match (a peregrine falcon's dive clocking in at ~200mph). At this height, the rocks were less of a concern than they had been further down. Agent holstered one of his guns and drew... a flashlight. He had no clue if flashing lights in this light would blind and disorient the birds in this dim light, but it was worth a shot. He dove down into the flock, flicking the lights on and off.

As he exited the cloud of birds, a rock hit his arm and knocked the flashlight out of his hand. 58664 spun with the blow, reducing the impact somewhat in addition to the protection provided by the DarkForce, but his arm still felt like it had just been hit with a baseball bat.

He backed away some more to take stock of the situation: How did the flock look? What was above the beast's cave? How sure was his footing?

If the flock was diminished, he could possibly draw them away and eliminate them, depending on their numbers.
If the beast stood on an outcrop of rock, it was possible that shooting that outcropping could weaken it enough for the beast to fall.
If the area above the beast's layer looked rocky and prone to collapse, then burying the beast would also be an option.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 am

Saho's normally creepy but innocent smile...faded, warped. In it's place was the glare and smile of a sadist. Someone who knows what it's like to have your world crash and burn around you....except he wasn't compensated. Behind his twisted expression were feelings of intense envy and hatred....not because this man was rich or because he could turn anything to gold. No. He felt such an intense envy because this man had had a wife.

"Hmm, well your hubby's exact words were, *AHEM*, 'Tell him that this could very well lead to some breakthroughs that he could desperately need. And tell him that his assistance here would only help out even more'" Saho's memory was very good....unfortunately for him.

"And if that's not good enough, then here we go: If I don't make a certain phonecall in the next 30 minutes, mommy will be melted down and turned into a codpiece. Oh, you can put the gun down, if you want. I always arm myself with enough explosions to take out a city block, trigger via a deadman's switch..." There wasn't any hint of joking, his face had no tells besides a horrible maleficent smile . Is he serious? Even I don't know....but I wouldn't be surprised. Again, Saho brought forward the figurine of the swimsuit clad girl.

"Now then Artie, why don't you demonstrate this magic touch of yours, hm? Oh, and rest assured I can have the world's most expensive lawn ornament melted down anytime....so don't make any sudden moves. By the way, I HAVE to know. Can you, uh...'release' yourself? You know, in THAT way. Ahahahaha!!"
Back to top Go down
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

Arthur

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 am

Despite the crude way of phrasing things, this man certainly had Andrews “by the balls”. Andrews was trying to think calmly, passion was never his strong point, but deep down, his heart was racing. How the hell did he get all this information? How the hell did he get her? It was worth sacrificing his pride if he could save her from this man.

He had been careless. He had assumed that the girl-statue would have been safe in his basement, thinking that nobody knew about her. How foolish could he be. Now, he was in a situation where he had to negotiate with his back to the wall.

“Now listen here, that woman is completely innocent. I barely know her for Christ sake, she was just an acquaintance. Listen, I’ll gladly make your employer his suit, just promise me you’ll give her back when I do. You can have your golden figurine, whatever, just give me your word.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: