Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Introduction.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Virtue
Admin

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Introduction.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 am

Hello, and welcome to the /co/niverse! It's really not that complicated. Now, there are 3 distinct main universes.

/co/ 1 and 2 are for light, silly stuff. They're only regulated by me, and I couldn't really care less what you do, there; think of them like a Silver Age comic, you can do whatever you want as long as it doesn't seek to actively fuck over others out of character and I'll find it physically difficult to be angry at you for it. Things can get serious there, but generally, most things are allowed, so it's not a huge deal what you do or how silly your character design is. It also doesn't have much in the way of plot, outside of major events. Game Masters that aren't me are generally discouraged from doing stuff, there.

Ultimate is for more serious stuff. . Not necessarily GRIMDARK, but we'll expect you to at least try to explain the things you do. Not the Iron Age-that...wasn't serious, it was just angry and dark. It replaced one kind of childhood fantasy for another-but my thoughts on comics aren't the point. Think of a bronze age comic; dealing with human issues that can be serious, but without going so far into it that it becomes silly and parodical with its outright violence. It also has an overarching plot that is led by our game masters. Honestly, it doesn't matter much for Ultimate, either, how silly your character concept is. As long as you can give a good backstory for it, I won't really mind. Squirrel Girl would fit in just fine, so would a guy with jackhammers for arms, so would a guy with clown powers. As long as you can play them seriously, feel free to join Ultimate.

Ultimate requires that you fill out a character sheet, and that you be in the heroes, villains, or neutral group. This is just for the Game Masters, so we can know where you want to take your character, and how you want us to interact with you. It's not horrifyingly important, but it does help us out with what we try to do to keep the story going for you. Also, good rule of thumb for your powers so we don't have a large amount of literal gods walking around: If you could beat Galactus, underfed or not, re-roll. This is a rule, one of the few ones we actually have.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the chatbox, PM me at the forum account Virtue about it, or make a topic.

This is the link to the forums proper; you can get to these at any time by clicking the banner up top, or pressing the home button.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Past that, feel free to jump in and have fun.

Last edited by Virtue on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coniverse.forumotion.com
Synapse

Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Add on to the Hero/Villain thing: If your character is a villain pretending to be a hero or something then join the hero group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beta Boy

Hero Name: Beta Boy
Alter Ego: Baxter Banes
Main Power: Astral Projection

PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:19 am

Are character sheets being visible to other members necessary then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Talk D. Preach
Main Power: Being Preachy

PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Synapse wrote:
Add on to the Hero/Villain thing: If your character is a villain pretending to be a hero or something then join the hero group.

Hero me, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beta Boy

Hero Name: Beta Boy
Alter Ego: Baxter Banes
Main Power: Astral Projection

PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 am

Actually, could you make a splash page that sends new visitors here? So just by getting a simple link to the place they can be taken directly to the introduction and how things work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction.   

Back to top Go down

Introduction.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Out Of Character :: Introduction and rules.-
Jump to: