/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japan: Tokyo

Go down 
+3
Signal
Sigil
Zealot
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigil

Sigil

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 am

Virgie bit her lip. oh, this is going to be fun to watch.

"I, uh... gosh, I can't help but fall for you, you know? Your eyes, they catch me..." Lucy hugs Zealot, continuing her confession: "Honestly, living forever won't be so bad if it's with you."

Ah, playing Cupid is great! She could make a killing being a matchmaker for people! Now to see how long until Zealot realizes what Virgie just did to her cousin...
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Hero Name: Zealot
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superhuman Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:51 am

The worst expression any human being has ever had overcomes Zealot's face as he stares out over the ocean, Signal hugging him tightly. He blinks, once, and briefly considers tearing off Signal's arms in order to move himself from the hug; reconsidering the thought because he doesn't want to have to go back to the bloodbank again, he then turns to look at Sigil.

"What'd you do?"

Not long.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 am

Virgilia snapped her fingers and Lucy was snapped out of her trance. Looking at the position she'd found herself in, the vampire quickly covers her face and curls up, avoiding contact with Zealot.

"I got her to stop being so awkward and confess. Those are, by the way, her natural feelings; Venus never invokes fake love in others. Either it's there or it isn't and she simply brought it to the surface."

Virgie shrugged. "Nothing of grave harm." She puts the black book back in her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 am

Looking down at Signal's curled up and spaghettified form, Zealot leans back and sprawls himself out on the ground, looking up at the Japanese night sky.

"Oh, gee. Thanks. That wasn't awkward enough already."

Other than bankrupting the economy of Italy, Sigil hadn't really done much damage.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 pm

"It's the least I could do."

Virgie looks up at the sky as well. "...I know that, before becoming a... superhuman like how you are now, you had time powers. If you could get your time powers back, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Closing his eyes and raising his arm to his head, he sighs.

"I don't know. I guess; realistically, they were better for...a few things. I knew how to use them far more aptly. Then again, I don't know. Being superhuman has more...utility."

Moving his hand down to grab Signal's curled up form and drag it up towards him in order to force her to lay out next to him, he shrugs.

"What would anyone choose? Power, or utility?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Lucy stays curled up, but Virgie shrugs.

"Technically I have both... but I suppose I'd choose utility, too." She chuckled. "What use is power if you can't do much with it?"

Signal uncurls, pondering deeply at that question.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 pm

"It depends extremely upon how you define utility. Faced with the dilemma of finding yourself in a room without oxygen, is it better to remove that situation from ever having happened, or to simply be able to survive without oxygen?"

Looking over at Signal, he worries about the Italian economy for just a moment before sighing.

"So. Comments on the things you said? Or would you rather curl up into a ball, again?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

"Hmm... I would say to prevent this sort of situation from ever happening."

Signal, meanwhile, answers Zealot's question. "Um... Virgie's right. What I said... they're true. And... hm, do you think of... do you think of me differently for it?"

Signal turns over, looking at Zealot. "...do you?"

Virgie chuckles again and takes out her black book, idly flipping through the pages and checking for damage or smearing.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Looking back up at the sky and shrugging, Zealot raises a hand, seemingly grabbing at stars.

"Wouldn't really help me, would it? Memories aren't very easy for me to forget. Or...they weren't, at least. Not a door you can close, or walk back through."

Keeping his hand over his forehead before looking at Signal and wondering when this became high school drama: pretty white kids with problems edition, he then remembered that it's been that for a while. So had comics. Oh well.

"As for you, Signal...I'm not sure what you mean by differently. You're still somebody who requires me. You still belong to me. Little is changed, materially-emotionally, things probably have, but I'm not much of a person for positive emotions. You, apparently, enjoy my company, which is far more than I can say for myself."
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:45 pm

"I suppose so. Additionally, while being able to survive a situation like that yourself is fine, it feels better to spare people of that fate and whatever follows."

Signal kept silent. Yeah, this was high school drama, alright, but when you're waiting for sunset in a different hemisphere, there's not much to do anyways. "...ah."

"While we're here, Zealot, Lucy... why not enjoy the sights? Both the natural and the artificial. Japan is proof that the two states can co-exist in peace and whatnot." Virgie got up, looking at the city and how bright it was. Certainly brighter than New York and whatnot. "Lucy, any ideas?"

"...Shibuya sounds fine." Lucy gets up as well.

"Shibuya it is, then!"
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Continuing to lay on the ground for just a moment before slamming his feet into the ground and hefting himself up, he shifts his gaze around the area. Moving over to them, eyes locked on the sky, he sighs.

"Yes; let's go see the sights in a place where everybody knows who I am and would apparently like nothing more than to have sex with me, present company seemingly not excluded. In all seriousness, I'm not sure how you'd expect to go see any...sights, with me in tow. I tend to make things extremely...interesting. Oh, almost forgot."

A look of any real material refusing to overcome his face for even a moment, he then reaches down and comes up behind Lucy, hugging her from behind her for just a moment before letting her down.

What a dick.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

"!!!!" Lucy stares in silence before looking at Zealot as he puts her down. "...th-th-thank y-you." She hides her face and Virgie can't help but laugh.

"Outside of this district, I'm sure it's not that bad. I believe they have a general admiration of foreigners here, at least if not disguising it as disdain. Right, Lulu?" Oh look, picking up on one of Saho's things. How cute.

"...uh, y-yeah."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:20 pm

"Uh-huh."

Looking down at his clothes before turning back to them, Zealot shrugs and begins moving forward to leave the park.

"I could put on...clothes, if you'd like. You know, something that isn't...spandex."
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 am

"I personally have no problem with how you're dressed, but I can see why you'd want an alternate outfit."

"..."

Virgie looked around, then asking, "Are there even any clothes shops open at this time? I have no clue how this city works." With the coyest smile she can muster, Virgie looks at Lucy.

"...fuck if I know."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:37 am

Glancing down at his musculature for a moment before continuing to move forward, out of the park and towards the larger city area, Zealot shrugs.

"Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't; there are always clothes stores open in a large city. At least, in New York there are."
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 am

"I guess..."

It takes a while, and the avoidance of onlookers, but they eventually find a clothing store that is still open. It's a rather small shop and the style of the store seems oddly Americanized compared to the stores around it; the graphic shirts bear many icons from Western culture or phrases in English that still seem like gibberish, sometimes both.

"Lulu, can we even afford some of this stuff?"

Lucy shrugs, taking a look at some of the shirts.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 am

Entering into the store in around 20 minutes in a poorly made, unlicensed Mazinger Z T-Shirt along with some jeans, Zealot...doesn't really stick out any less. Shoving his hands into his pockets and looking up at the stuff, it'd become apparent pretty quickly to both Signal and Sigil, likely Signal first, that the store doesn't actually sell that shirt.

"Yeah, I went home and put this on. Don't ask, made in the 1970s. Also, probably; what's the conversion rate for yen and USD?"
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:20 am

"That was fast."

Even the man behind the counter was surprised, though he was surprised that the mighty Zealot was visiting his shop.

Lucy thought for a moment, and replied, "My math may be a bit wrong, but... 1000 yen is currently about $13?" She looks through some of the t-shirts bearing superhero icons, one of them being a black tee with a rather... unique take on Zealot's superhero look with rays of blue and green. The style of the drawing reminds her of... yeah, definitely Katoki's work. "This is nice."

Virg asks the man behind the counter, "Do you take American money?" She wouldn't be surprised if he didn't understood a word she said; but he did, and the man nodded in response. "Oh, okay."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 am

Looking over the various items depicting him, he frowns, but mostly just shrugs at the prospect of himself being on various shirts and other accessories.

"I don't think I even get any money from this stuff."

Yes, he does.

Looking forward blankly for a moment before reaching into his pocket and removing his phone (Why do you even need a phone, you don't even have anyone to talk to) he presses a few things, looking over some auto-transfers into his bank account and confirming the stuff I happen to say.

"Huh. So that's where the money I have comes from."

Looking down at his own shirt and leaning up against the wall, he crosses his arms over his chest and looks up at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 am

"You must be pretty rich, then," Virgie says. "I'm a little jealous."

"You could have put some money in a bank account, let it sit due to interest over your lifetime," Lucy idly comments, checking out a shirt with 'DREAMS DONT DIE' emblazoned on the front. She goes back to pick up the Zealot shirt and takes it to the counter. The man asks, in a heavy accent, if she 'cosprays.' "Uh, no?"

"I'm starving... and." Virgie checks the clock on the wall. "We still have plenty of hours 'til sunrise."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 am

"I don't know, probably. I've never had a problem buying stuff, but then again, I don't buy much."

Looking over the bank account info in his phone and disregarding the...well, that's...a lot. (dear sweet mother of fuck, Zealot doesn't know the value of a dollar) Walking over to the counter, he utterly dwarfs most of the shop. Looking outside of it boredly, he moves to walk out and look up at the Japanese night sky.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:45 am

As Lucy pays for the shirt, the shopkeeper thanks her and bids the two ladies goodnight; they both step out to join Zealot.

Lucy picks up the sound of a lot of men singing; while she could only make out one or two of the words, their voices were definitely slurred. Drinking, it seems. "There's a bar nearby, maybe they also have food to serve?"

"Or soup. I could really go for some soup right now."

Lucy shrugs. It only then connects what it is that Zealot is wearing and she turns around, asking, "...so uh. What else do you watch?" Oh no, here comes the spaghetti tsunami.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin
Zealot

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:11 am

Hearing the yelled words of the drunks as easily as if they were next to him, he shrugs and begins walking in the direction.

"It seems likely. A soup stand should be nearby, if not."

As for Lucy's question...Zealot has been watching anime for 40 years. Taking in a breath so large that people within 5 feet may not have any oxygen for a few seconds, he begins speaking.

"First was Big X. Past that, Kimba the White Lion, Evangelion, Akira, Aria the Natural, Aria the Animation, Aria the Original, Cowboy Bebop, Clannad, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Big O, Captain Harlock, Escaflowne, FLCL, Air Gear, Ghost in the Shell, Gankutsuou, Koi Kaze, Millennium Actress, Gundam Wing, Planetes, TTGL, Rah Xephon, Lupin, Fist of the North Star, Monster, Devilman, Astroganger, Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue, Space Battleship Yamamoto, and plenty more that I just don't feel like going into off of the top of my head. Oh, and Mazinger Z, obviously."

He did that all in one breath. No wonder he needed all that fucking air.
Back to top Go down
Sigil

Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:42 am

Holy wow that is a lot of anime.

"Uhhhh." Lucy feels intimidated to reply because damn that is some good taste. "Honestly I haven't watched a lot aside from the stuff Kon's made... hmm, I remember a bit of Kikaider, Captain Harlock, Yu Yu Hakusho... Lupin III's also up there, too. Mostly, hm, read manga. Some of the newer stuff is nice but it doesn't compare to the last few generations. Ito's a pretty good author, too, and his art's pleasing to the eye. I just wish the endings to his stories weren't so dissatisfying..."

Virgie listens on, utterly stumped at trying to think of what any of those names mean. (Well, she DID recognize "Lupin," but only because she had read the original Arsene Lupin stories; Lupin III was something entirely new to Virg.)

They arrive at what is a soup stand, square strips of cloth with symbols printed on it hanging on what is the entrance. They step inside and sit down; the chef looks on, skeptical that foreigners would come here rather than to a restaurant. But he shrugs and, with his more broken English, asks what they'd like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Japan: Tokyo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan: Tokyo
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: