Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Japan: Tokyo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sena

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 am

"....Uh..." It's the exact same thing that just happened. You can't get over your obsession to know everything. We already been through this.

"....of course, sorry I just....detective habits." He's lying; he's spying on her right now, Signal too. We already had the big character defining moment where he tried to get over his need to know everything and trust somebody; it didn't work.

"So....how to get over there? Like; I think I could get a jet up to take me, but it'd be a while and I still have a few more days of questioning to deal with..." Even as he's talking; his mind is racing: Why doesn't she want me to spy? Is she hiding something? Does she need to hide something? Can I trust her? Should I trust her? How should I find out? How do I make sure she doesn't....he thinks up dozens of schemes and plots; paranoia. It's just who he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 am

"...it's alright, then. I have a few..." Virgie's memories go back to being inside the comic book store. Even if she could never read those pages, she wanted to steal as many of those books as she could. So, was it truly villainous bibliophila or simply kleptomania? "...a few of those habits myself. As for getting here..."

Virg put the phone on her lap, taking out her black book and marker. Had Zealot not torn off that large tree, it would have been equally perfect to carve a permanent door on it, but... now it's probably in the stratosphere. So she settles for the tree behind her, dragging out the solar symbol she usually uses for light. As soon as it's in the air by her head, it shines a light on the trunk of the tree. She begins drawing a similar Janus Circle, such as the one from the park, on the trunk; as the Circle is completed, the symbol fires a laser from its center and carves the symbol into the wood.

The solar symbol continues to shine its light on the wood and Virg puts the phone back to her ear. "Okay, the symbol's carved, but uh... how do I send you an image of this?" Poor, technologically-illiterate Virgilia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 am

"Hmm, that's alright I can see it....from uh....the phone." Like I said, still spying on her.

"So....more hocus-pocus then? Can you teach that? How does it work?" His inquisitive mind also can't help wanting to solve a mystery right in front of them; 'detective' is more than a job description to Saho. Regardless, he recognizes the symbol.

"Magic teleportation? Wow, that's some range."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:56 am

"It... can be taught, but only if the magic you gain grants you that. It's complicated to explain and I don't remember if I took my tome with me or not; it'd be easier to show you if I had it here on me."

Virg chuckles. "To be honest, it tired me out just trying to teleport that stupid Bat-King to Death Valley. I have no idea what'll happen if I try to open a door to here. At least, until it's established as a stable door. If I had the energy, I could probably even open a door to the stars.

So, you see the circle, right? Just inscribe it, exactly as you see it, anywhere on a stable, flat surface. I'll do the rest.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 am

"...You have no idea what could happen?....I hate magic." He complains, even as he draws the symbol on the walls of his hotel room. Out of energy; what did that mean? Could she screw up? Put him in a wall? On accident or...

"....on purpose." He mumbles into the phone. Die?....No. Crazy. It's ridiculous to even think she'd do something like that. But, well, he does. Does he know enough about her to protect himself? Does he trust her? No, he doesn't trust anyone. Not until he knows every detail about them.

"....alright, what next?" He's nervous, wow, things are so different...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:19 am

...on purpose? "Alright, if you're sure that the circle you drew is like the one I carved, just stand back and watch."

Virgie somehow finds the speaker button, sets it on, and puts the phone down to place her own hands on the edges of the circle. As neither this forest nor Vegas are near any sort of leylines, it would be difficult to channel enough magic to open doors separated by this much distance. But with a 200-year-old cache of magic, what could possibly go wrong?

Virg took deep breaths, beginning to channel her magic through her arms and into the bark. A faint line forms directly down the center of the circle, splitting the face-jar vertically in two. Saho, on his side of the door, would see the same thing on the circle he drew, assuming that he drew it correctly. Forming the doors was easy, even at this amount of distance; connecting them was the hard part. As more of her magic was pumped into the circle on the tree, its edges began to glow a bright violet; again, Saho would also see this on the circle he drew. Virgie's vision began to double, then fade, and her hands were becoming sweaty, but... there we go. Goodnight, everyone, it's been a fun door-opener event.

On Saho's side the inside of the circle opened up like a hatch, revealing a forest in cool midnight. On the other side was Virgilia, exhausted and collapsed on the ground. Checking her pulse would reveal it's still there, but reading her brain waves would show she had been kicked into REM sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
O-Girl

Hero Name: O-Girl
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Giant Monster

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:48 am

Meanwhile, relatively nearby, a fishing boat casually puttered it's way through the water, coming to an abrupt halt. It's net had caught something. Or, rather, something had caught it's net. The boat lurched to the left, dipping some in the water. A crewman went tumbling over the side as the ship nearly capsized, and up from the depths rose the net, tangled up in a mass of hair, and a giant nub of a horn. The dark, navy blue hair gave way to the teal-faced skin of a young Oni. Piercing, crystal blue eyes locked onto the boat, and the girl grinned a several-foot long grin.

"I made it! HOOMUNS!" She loudly declared, enormous eyes looking upwards to the net resting on her horn, caught in her hair. Giggling, she easily ripped it free, wincing a little as it tugged at her hair. Dumping the ruined net onto the boat, she grabbed the little man that had fallen overboard in one hand, holding him closely up to her face to inspect the terrified individual. "Sorry about your net!" She said in a tone much like a typical child apologizing insincerely about breaking something entirely unimportant to her. She then dumped the man back onto the boat and swam towards land. There was plenty off to the left, and off to the right, but straight ahead was Tokyo!

How she knew instinctively to go to Tokyo when she had never been to hoomun lands, who could say? But when she reached land, she grabbed onto the docks and hefted her massive, several-dozen-ton body up onto the shore, gallons upon gallons of ocean water dripping from her hair and body, sweeping off any people on the ground at her feet off of the docks and into the water, the trouble she was causing already completely unbeknownst to her as she pulled her enormous club, nearly as big as she was, up out of the water behind her. "HELLO HOOMUN WORLD!" She bellowed out giddily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Hero Name: Zealot
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superhuman Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 am

Bu-...mp.

Bu-...mp.

The heartbeat slams into Zealot's head like a brick; though a brick wouldn't do much, either. Eyes flick open wide, and his neck cranes to stare over towards the area in which O-Girl herself is located. After sniffing for a moment, his lips go back in a sneer and he moves his hand down to Signal's knee, crushing something small and metal. Moving her off of him slightly and gently placing her down on the ground, he turns his body full to look towards O-Girl. Ears tune into the screams, though his eyes flick over to Sigil's unconscious body on the ground. Sighing before looking around, he begins moving himself off in O's direction. Starting with a run before launching himself into the air and flying off towards O, he leaves a simple, mental message for Signal.

Heroism. Giant monster. Should've expected, in Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 am

"Virgilia!" Wow, no nickname. Still, what an incredible scene before him. A few days ago he was sure this would be impossible; he ran through the portal-

Spoiler:

"No. No. Shut up, I'm past this." You're not though. Still, he steps through the portal.

"She could be hurt-I have to..." He runs up to her; wow....he's still alive. He stares down at her in amazement. Search her now; or escape. Do something; bug her again, take a blood sample, tak-

".....I want to be better than that." You never will be. It's not your fault; it's the hand you were dealt. We can't 'become' better than who we are.

"I can try." That's what you said last time, and all the times before that, what's different this time?

"Her." Mange stares down at the body of Sigil. She's alive; just passed out, and so....he puts himself up against a tree, carrying her with him, then resting up against it, his arms around her, and his cloak serving as a blanket for them both.

"....Narrator, how long as it been since I slept?" Going on 3 days.

"Wow....I'm so tired right now." You haven't really 'rested' since you were 14, you spend too much time trying to research everyone. Well? Thinking about what I said?

"....Maybe I can't be better, least I can make sure she 'thinks' I am....no more monologues, I'm exhausted.." .....Saho closes his eyes, resting his head on her's, going to sleep?

"...No...just...resting for a moment." He sleeps, a light sleep. Why not, right? Let him, for once, even if it completely out-of-character for him to fall asleep right here. Not knowing what's happening around him; where he is, what's going to be there when he wakes up; and whether he's safe. And you know what? For the first time; he doesn't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:22 am

Even just laying on Zealot's chest with her ear to it, Signal still couldn't get used to it. He had reached to the back of her knee with his hand... why? As soon as she heard something tiny and metallic break... oh, that's what is is. Hm. She sweeps his mind and finds the message Zealot left for her. A giant monster in Tokyo. Signal really isn't surprised at this. She gets up and follows Zealot, flying into the air with a similar running start. It isn't hard to track him, for a variety of reasons, and as they get closer to the city, she hears it. It's faint, but... screams, cries of pain and agony, and a word she found very familiar: "Kaiju, kaiju!" Wow, Signal's about to face down a kaiju. This really is... no, you will NOT recite that line, it is incredibly silly!

Virgilia is dreaming. She dreams that she's back on the plantation, sipping on some tea and sitting on the front porch on a cloudy, humid day. It was a Friday and that meant someone was going to roll on by to the large whitewashed mansion with the large cotton field somewhere in the back and a (supposedly) fine gentleman is going to ask for her hand in marriage; maybe he had spotted her on one of her afternoon walks, maybe it was during a trip to the market, or maybe it was an arranged marriage and Daddy insisted this was a fine man, perfect for her in every way... she really didn't give a shit anymore and usually rejected whoever dropped by to say that they were so in love with her and blah blah blah.

It was to her surprise, though, that the face on THIS well-dressed man was of Saho Mange. And not only did she recognize and know who he was, he knew who she was.

In the real world, Virgie shifted slightly in her sleep, moving closer to the man who offered her protection in this cool-aired, mysterious forest, and muttered something about a boat ride and a deep lake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:29 am

O-Girl, meanwhile, was crouched down, her butt planted firmly on her heels, peering through the windows of a tall building, trying to see what the hoomuns were doing inside. Mostly running around. All of the hoomuns everywhere in fact were running around and screaming. Though their screams weren't loud at all, really. Not like ogre screams! She had decided that sometime in the near future she would teach the hoomuns to scream proper, ogre screams.

Sighing, she stood up and stretched her arms, wriggling her toes and digging them into the ground, obliterating perfectly good street and sidewalk. Not that it mattered much, as she had destroyed an even greater deal of it by dragging her enormous club through the streets of Japan. There was a clear path of destruction from where she planted her feet now all the way to the harbor. Looking down at all the fleeing hoomuns she took another step, carefully, waiting until where she wanted to place her foot was empty of hoomuns. It was difficult. Hoomun world was so cluttered! There were things left scattered everywhere. Little metal boxes of all shapes and sizes, little metal sticks and poles and debris of all kinds!

Bending down, she picked up a shining red metal box, holding it up to her eye and looking inside. A hoomun was in it! A girl hoomun, not much older than O-Girl, it seemed!

"Hiya! I'm O-Girl! What's YOUR name?" The hoomun screamed. O-Girl pouted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:45 am

Signal was finally in range to see the monster attacking Tokyo, and... for being a monster, she looks young. Not much older than, what, an 11 year old?

Thinking, she looks down to see humans panicking in the streets. She swooped down to help them, guiding them into buildings and clearing any debris that may be blocking possible escape paths. They simply ran from her, too, though they were at least smart enough to use the paths Signal had cleared for them. Some of them had called her a 飛行少女; she recognized them saying "shoujo," but what the hell did "hiko" mean?

Signal hoped that, while doing this, she had not caught the attention of the ogre who now has a car in her hands. No, no, there was someone inside, she could sense it. So Signal flew over to O-Girl in the hopes of being able to talk to her; at least she spoke English.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:50 am

O-Girl shook the car lightly as she furrowed her brow, trying to figure out how to get the hoomun out of the box so they could talk and be friends, but this didn't seem to be yielding in results. Just as she was turning to try and fit the box into the pocket of her ratty tunic (so that she could, of course, work on that problem later if she remembered), a new hoomun approached! And it was FLYING!

"Oh WOW! A BETTER hoomun!" She set the box with the hoomun in it on top of a nearby building so she could reach for this much improved and more interesting floating hoomun. All fascinating things must be grabbed, naturally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 am

Moving up towards and attempting to place himself in front of the gigantic...10 year old, Zealot cross his arms over his chest and looks for all the parts a disappointed father. At least, he would, were he not in a shirt denoting a popular Japanese cartoon from the 60s while looking roughly 20 himself.

"Okay, so, you seem to be gigantic, a monster, and the little girl. Please...stop doing at least one of those things."

Last edited by Zealot on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:06 am

A SECOND flying hoomun! And seemingly a boy! This was perfect, now O-Girl had a pair! But he was talking, so she listened.

"I'm not a monster! I'm an Ogre!" She said proudly, stopping mid-reach for Signal, and instead reaching for Zealot, the first hoomun she encountered so far that seemed to do more than scream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 am

As her hand comes towards him, he sends his own hand flying into it in a slap in order to send it away from him; the force of the strike is relatively small as a hit, only meant to keep the hand away, but is still utterly massive relative to...other things that exist. It'd probably come as a surprise to O that a tiny hoomun had this much strength at all.

"Don't do that. Bad...little Ogre girl."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:12 am

Signal flew out of the way of O-Girl's hand (she had stopped reaching for Signal anyway), not wanting to be grabbed and thus crushed. And so there was Zealot, all the more appearing to be a menacing 20-year-old. She used this to fly behind O-Girl and towards the car with a young girl inside. Putting some of her psionic strength into her arm and combined with her natural enhanced strength, Signal tears off the door of the car, trying to now calm down the screaming girl inside. Considering that this girl spoke a language Signal knew nothing about... well, there was that.

"Uh... daijobu, daijobu!" Signal kept telling her. She stopped screaming but not crying; Signal held out her arms to the girl and... nada. She just scooted over to the other side of the car and curled up, staring at Signal with such an intense gaze of fear... she crossed her arms and began to think. Signal didn't want to upset this kid further but she also didn't want to leave her in a metal cage. So Signal did the only thing she thought was right: she lifted the small girl to her via telekinesis and aaaaaugh she started wailing again, and again Signal kept repeating one of the few words in that blasted language that she knew. As soon as the girl got within range, though, she clung to Signal and hugged her tightly. Okay, this would do, strange as it was.

Signal ran off the roof, flying towards one of the many buildings where the other civilians were hiding, doing her best to again keep herself out of the attention of O-Girl, kicking a door open and running in... only to be met by tens to hundreds of people. "...uh..."
Back to top Go down
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 am

She is, in fact, taken aback by the strength of the hoomun. It was almost like an ogre had slapped her hand away. She furrows her brow. "I'm not bad!" She insists, sniffling a little at the rejection. All she had wanted was to grab him and look him over, after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 am

Crossing his arms again and shaking his head, he sighs; looking down slightly before closing his eyes, he glances back up at her.

"Yes, you are. You're being bad, at least. You're breaking everything. You tried to...grab me. I don't really like being grabbed. Now, stop breaking things and sit down. Preferably on a flat stretch of land."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am

Pouting, feeling rather like she was going to be disciplined, O-Girl looks around. Perhaps she HAD made a tiny bit of a mess of things. She had left footprints everywhere, but...it wasn't really her fault the hoomuns made things so delicate and crumbly. Things were too cluttered! There was just hardly anywhere for her to walk, really. But, seeing as how she was already on flat land, and that there weren't any hoomuns beneath her, she dropped down onto her butt there in the intersection, feeling the ground crack and sink beneath her.

Looking up at the floating man, resting her club beside her, she stretched her legs out, trying not to knock anything else down, and shook the debris off of her toes, waiting to hear out the hoomun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:27 am

Taking in a deep, deep, de-fuck, that's way too much air. Anyway, breathing in so much air that people within around 20 feet would feel a bit choked, for a few seconds, Zealot then proceeds to speak. The voice comes out rapturous and booming, a yell as though from the mouth of god himself-really, Zealot just assumes it's how Ogres sound.

"Now, 'O-Girl' explain why you found it necessary to walk into a human city and begin smashing things. Explain why you had to cause disarray, death, and relative destruction. Explain what you're doing here, and explain why you seem so gleeful about it."

Staring down at her...man, even for a tiny hoomun, Zealot looks pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
O-Girl

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:32 am

She looks a bit startled at the sudden booming voice of the puny hoomun, looking around guiltily at the destruction she'd caused. "I...I didn't kill anybody..." she said quietly. Gulping, she looked down at the street between her legs, picking at the edges of her tunic like a child being scolded.

"I...I'm just excited to come here and live with hoomuns now...I'm just...h-havin' fun..." She said quietly, sniffling, eyes tearing a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:32 am

Virgie stirred from her rest. It really wasn't sleep because she had been forced into it, but right now she was awake enough to see where she was. There was heat emanating from... ah, the door to Vegas is still open. She lifts her hand, just enough to snap her fingers, and the door closes. Before she slips back into sleep, Virg pulls out her little black book and pulls out the symbol of a star encased in a drop: the sign of Morpheus. She duplicates the symbol, placing one on her head and one on Saho's, and then resumes her rest.

Signal feels the intense, fearful glares cast at her. She puts the girl clinging to her down and she runs off to the nearest woman, crying for her mother (or that's what it sounded like). She slowly backed off, out of the building, and began flying around the city looking to see if any additional damage had been done, living or non-living. So far, this O-Girl made surprisingly minimal amounts of damage, at least compared to the monsters from the shows Japan seems to like making so much. So far, so good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Judgment
Game Master

Hero Name: Judgment
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 am

A sudden pulling at the symbol; wait...wha-the symbols on both of their heads dissipate. Sigil herself is just...not there anymore, physically.

Abruptly interrupting Virgilia's dream, a female walks in; this was her servant, right? Hm. She informed her that another man had come to see her; he was, apparently, extremely important. Something seemed...distinctly incorrect. Everything about her seemed wrong, but the man himself walks in, and then...well. The dream would seem to fall apart, other beings disappearing...him, too. Were they...were they ever there at all? The house was still there, the plantation, every...item, but no person but...him.

A distinct smile pulls itself over his face, for all purposes authentic, and he motions to the chair in front of her, bringing himself to a small lounging couch and splaying himself out across it, slightly, staring at her. Voice comes out like pure black ichor, pulling itself over the cobblestone of a rusting castle.

"Hello, Ms. Balentine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:47 am

Eyes shifting over her before going to the wrecked streets, buildings, and cars, his iron gaze finds its way back to her.

"You almost killed several people; many people. Your excitement results in death. Your 'fun' results in death. Why do you want to have fun at the cost of the lives of others?"

Man, Zealot is a dick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   

Back to top Go down

Japan: Tokyo
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next