Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Japan: Tokyo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigil

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 am

Lucy's look of anxiety changes to surprise, and then to relief. "...oh. Well, um." Her face then switches back to anxiety. That's what he likes? Really? "Uh, thank you. Yes, thank you. And... this is the first time someone has told me something my determination is attractive. Most guys where I'm from want someone more... like Virg." She looks away and reaches for her hair, remembering how her mother called the streak "gaudy" and... something about "80's trash"?

"...is your problem with flat women because of... how you looked before Alpha started tearing South America a new one?"

Deep in the forest is an innocuous shrine built of wood and stone. Said shrine is about the size of Virgie's head, a bowl of rice and some meats offered to it and the shrine itself sitting in front of a truly massive tree. She wonders to whom this offering is for, considering that the native religion of this country supposedly has 8 million gods (7,999,999 too many in Virg's opinion).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Hero Name: Zealot
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superhuman Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 am

Touching down to the ground but not letting go of her, he shrugs and moves towards a rather large tree; it stands horrifyingly tall over them, and his eyes settle on the upper branches. His hand continues moving over her hair, before he removes it and touches it to the tree.

"I don't find Sigil to be stunningly attractive; at least, not in terms of her personality. She's a person who gave up on doing anything because she found doing anything to be unpleasurable; she seeks fun over all else without any knowledge or care for the consequences that it may incur. She could help so much, she could be so amazing, but she outright refuses because she's far too afraid that if she applies herself even a small amount, she'll fail; it's the entire thing about the hate that most people have for her. Personally, I find i-"

He stops with his speech as she mentions how he looked before the Crisis. The tree uproots and flies off into the stratosphere, his hand barely having moved on it; his fist clenches, the force contained within enough to crush...well, what it couldn't crush would probably be a shorter list. His other arm still holding her tight to him, the force doesn't increase, but he hardly seems to be happy with her.

"If you find yourself unwilling to open up to me about your own issues with your body, I find it hardly fair for you to ask me to open up about mine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 am

Watching the tree fly off into the sky, Lucy's eyes widen and she clears her throat. "Well... alright then. It's not like there's anyone else here to hear this, and Virg already knows my situation anyway." Lucy takes a deep breath and...

"I started binding my chest sometime after I joined track team. Well, long after track team. But only once I found that my chest was becoming... a bother. It was becoming large enough that finding proper support for it while running was near impossible so I went for the cheaper, more viable option: binding. My performance got better because I could now focus on running and not whether my breasts were gonna get torn off or feel like it after running 100 meters. Eventually, I just wore that rather than bras and..." Lucy pauses.

"My friends definitely looked at me different now, thought of me different. They started asking if I was still into guys, I said yes, I am. Then they started asking if I wanted to be a guy, I said no. Eventually, they... talked to me less? Yeah, pretty much. The boys also started acting much rougher with me. If they weren't being spiteful, they were acting like I was never a girl at all. And then I just... stopped socializing altogether except with the track team, they at least understood, and when I graduated I bid good riddance to everyone who thought I wasn't a woman for not letting those horrid things hang and be there being an annoyance. And now, I still wear my binding because it's comfortable, it's aerodynamic, and... I guess I just feel more secure in it. Emotionally, I mean."

The uprooting of the tree was a definite surprise. Sudden, forceful, and nothing was left. The shrine itself was overturned, toppling into the crater left behind and the offering spilling into the dirt. What a waste. "Zealot, you alright? Did Lulu say... something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 am

Bringing his arms up to wrap them fully around Signal's waist, Zealot sighs, laying his head up against her hair. Opening his mouth for a moment before making an utterly perplexed face and closing it, his efforts produce nothing but a sigh. He's not really sure what to say.

"Yeah, we're fine. She didn't say anything."

Bringing his mouth to Lucy's ear and whispering into it, he doesn't really seem to enjoy opening up to anyone about anything; the displeasure on his mind is utterly palpable, for Signal.

"Yes, it is because of how I used to look. When I was young...men were big, burly men. Like Justice; like...well, the rest of the heroes. They weren't skinny men, decent height or not, who had feminine faces and lithe bodies. As I grew chronologically, I didn't get older physically; so I've lived for well over 30 years looking like an 18 year old androgynous person. Every obvious feminine feature but the chest; I didn't have one, so I couldn't be a girl. The hair, the body, everything else; but the chest was different, y'know? It was considered an outright statement of being a woman, and it was obvious. So, seeing...flatchested women reminds me that no, I was still girly looking, no matter how my chest was. Couple that with being famous, and...well, I guess it's kind of a silly thing, but after 30 years, it sticks with you."

Frowning and floating down to the ground before laying down on it, he continues to hold Signal on top of him, looking up into the Japanese night sky.

"So, yeah. Besides that, being a big guy now is just...odd. It's not that I always wanted to be huge but couldn't, I just never really felt like being one. It's not what I wanted to look like."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 am

"...oh. Well." Lucy felt bad now. In hindsight, her life wasn't so bad. At least her binding was a choice. "So despite appearing how you... how you used to look, you're still okay with that? Even with... wow."

Lucy felt... amazingly lucid now. Calm, too. Maybe that's what she needed, to have that issue off her chest to someone who could relate, even if Zealot's scenario wasn't the same. At all. She also stares up at the night sky; there were way more stars out here than in the city; visible constellations, too. "If you had the option, would you switch back to your original, um, body type?"

Virg watches from a distance. Aww, look, they're bonding. She sighs, trying to check to see if her phone works here. Nada. Darn. She really wanted to contact Saho, see how he was doing back in Vegas. While seeing her cousin happy made her happy, to think of him all by himself only counteracted that first happiness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:42 am

Staring up at the sky with eyes that could move themselves up to see those suns by the atoms, Zealot fails to reply for a moment. After that moment, he shakes his head, as if brought back to life by her voice. Staring over at her, head right next to her neck, he just shrugs.

"I'm not sure. Probably not; would you change who you were, if you could?"

Lifting her, slightly, before turning her over and placing her back on top of him, she is now completely on top of him; and staring straight into his eyes. He continues to look past her, up at the stars, and his arm continues to hold her where she is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:11 am

Any lucidity Lucy felt is now completely gone. How can Zealot not realize how awkward this looks!? She begins to panic again, fidgeting (hard to do when someone with super strength is pining you to him) and trying not to feel like this scenario is heading places. Even so, Lucy still looks into Zealot's eyes... or tries to. She wondered, for just a moment, if she herself has the same shade. She'd have to ask Virg later about it.

"Um. Honestly... if I could have my humanity back, I would, without even batting an eyelash. But, being who I am... I get to do stuff with you that, if I were human, I probably wouldn't be able to survive. Like visiting Titan, for instance. Or, uh, surviving having my arm torn off. So, I'm okay with who I am right now until I could find a way to reverse who I became. And..." She nodded, sure of her answer. It didn't feel like there was a cure, though; the most common "cure" was killing the head vampire and, well, Valencruz is dead. Other than that... that's it. You're an undead monster forever forced to live in the shade of the people you were once part of.

"And if I can't, well... there are ways to work around these sorts of problems."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:15 am

Continuing to look at the stars as she fidgets on top of him, his eyes glance back to her face and find her struggling. Easing his grip, slightly, he looks her directly in the eyes confusedly.

"Something wrong? As for Titan...well, I have plans for it, nontheless. I wouldn't have torn your arm off if you couldn't come back. Finding how to reverse what you are now requires magic, something that I don't have."

Bringing his hand back up to her head to pet her hair before just laying it there, he shrugs.

"And those ways are?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:32 am

"Considering how we're positioned, um..." Lucy looks around. "It's... suggestive. As for those ways."

She takes a deep breath. "For one, blood banks are a good middle man to, uh, acquiring food. For another, I can fly naturally so, even if I wasn't on Titan, I could just keep flying to avoid sunlight, or... hiding in the sewers, as unappealing as that sounds. Avoiding natural running water is not easy, though, but everything else... avoiding garlic, I can just say I have allergies, which is kind of true. Avoiding places of faith, I'm just not religious. Avoiding silver, also allergic to it, though that sounds far more suspicious. And... magic, huh?"

Lucy looks over to Virgie; she seems to be minding her own business and fiddling with her phone.

"That's something I'll remember to ask Virg once we leave Japan. Right now she just seems to be doing her own thing and to fix vampirism... I'm positive that requires research. Lots of it."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:37 am

Zealot sighs, looking up at the stars and keeping his gaze there for just a moment; shaking his head and closing his eyes, he speaks.

"No, Lucy, that's not suggestive-that's just laying down. This is suggestive."

Bringing his hand down from her head and onto her right hip, he apparently really feels like ending world hunger with spaghetti. Leaving his hand there and continuing to hold her down as he speaks, he hardly seems to be terribly bothered by their current position-even what he admitted to being suggestive himself doesn't seem to phase him.

"Dealing with the condition isn't terribly hard to do. You can even remain active in the day, if you're careful about it and don't actually meet sunlight. Supposedly, magic can help fix vampirism, but Sigil would probably know more about that than I."

Pondering for a moment, he blinks, before looking back at her.

"You don't even know my real name, do you? Huh."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 am

"Nnn!" Lucy's head begins shaking, looking at where Zealot has placed his hand, and then looking back at him. "Why w-would you d-d-DO that!? J-jeez... a-and... no. I don't."

It was kind of hard to imagine someone like Zealot still holding on to his real name. Having lived as long as he does just being a superhero, with any ties to past life, well, gone... then again, Lucy herself is in a similar scenario... except Virg isn't related to her, so yeah, Signal and Zealot are in the same boat.

"I bet it's a nice name, though. Which... reminds me. I haven't told you my full name, either. Or, the other half of it. I guess." There's that lucidity again. Like waiting for that hangover to reach you but it never does, so your brain feels... blank.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:06 am

A distinct smile overcomes his face at her squeal, and he looks off into the distance. Shaking his head before looking back to her, he shrugs.

"You don't seem to have asked me to remove it. Besides, after that entire speech before, wouldn't laying on top of me be something you want to do? As for my name...well. You'd probably be a bit surprised. Most would be, I guess."

A small laugh as he shifts himself slightly underneath her, then a sigh as he looks down to the ground, ready to admit it.

"Adrian. Adrian Sable."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 am

Strange how things work out. One minute; you're a high powered CEO who has everything; a beautiful trophy wife, a wonderful kid, and hot younger girl on the side and all the money you could ask for, and all you had to was fake a few numbers; cheat a few competitors, some corporate espionage here and there, and ruin some lives, but you were GOOD at it. Nobody could ever find out....except for when someone did. How? Even as the man in the business suit made the trip through the forest to the shrine; he ran back in his head how he was outed at all.

Just a half hour ago, he was bombarded with proof that could ruin him; socially and financially, from a phone number he'd never heard of. Tracing it was pointless; the man opened admitted his identity: Saho Mange. The 'Batman' of this world. Why him? He was no great mystery; not a killer or a monster, just the head of more-or-less well known corporation. What would the world's greatest detective gain from blackmailing him? Money? He knew rumors of the Detective being an extortionist but....to him? How could he have been so unfortunate as to be targeted by someone like that? To make it all even more unbelievable, Mange only had 1 request: To hand her a cellphone. Really? That's it? Not very prolific or dramatic; practical though.

In time; he saw his target: An oddly dressed woman kneeling down before a small shrine. He wonders what her crime could possibly be that Mange felt the need to send her such a message. For some reason; he couldn't help but feel sickened by his woman. Why? He didn't know; but he'd like to get this over with. Worst afternoon of his life.

And so, he approached the foreign woman. "Saho Mange [has blackmailed me into forcing this to you.]" (translated from japanese) and then, drops the folded paper before her cellphone; because that is a much better idea, before her and that was it, that was all he needed to do. If the detective kept his word; he'd never hear from him again. And so, the business man left. A part of him telling him to think twice before committing such major crimes again.....or at least look more closely into how someone could possibly have known? Mange would not contact him again; he would get away with it all, and always be baffled as to how he was outed. Still, the man could not help but wonder what the message meant.
Oh; the phone seemed to have a text message already set to display on the screen.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sena on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 am

"...well, uh..." Yeah, Zealot's got a point there, Lucy. "Erm... I guess..." On hearing his real name, Lucy smiled. It was nice, if you could ignore those blasted canines. "It's a nice name. Very... fitting, almost. I don't know how, though. And I told you before my first name is Lucy, but my full name is Lucille Lagrange."

Virgie looked at the note inside the cellphone, watching how the man gestured to the back of his neck. Reading the note, she then put her hand on the back of her neck. "..." She didn't know how to respond to something like this. What was it Lucy called it? Being... bugged? Virgie called the number also accompanied with the note and waited until Saho picked up. When she was sure it was him behind the phone, she spoke: "I... Saho. This is troubling. You... you could have at least told me. When I come back to the states... we need to talk."

Last edited by Signal on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:41 am

Holding her close even while monitoring the entire conversation going on with Saho and Sigil, he just shrugs and shifts his neck back and forth; it can't crack, anymore, but still.

Yeah, I can hear you, too. I can hear everyone.

Frowning for a moment before looking over at Signal's toothy smile, his own lips curve up slightly, and his other hand moves up to rub her back for a bit, the first one staying firmly on her hip, as if to make a point.

"Yeah; most people seem surprised that I have a name at all. And as for you, Ms. Lagrange; I'm not really sure what to say. I mean, it's nice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 am

First the hand on her hip, now rubbing her back... any spaghetti that would have been here is now gone. It is, however, replaced by an equally embarrassing sound that Lucy herself is producing but... is she purring? Ahaha, oh wow, she is. Lucy catchers herself in this act and clears her throat.

"Well... most heroes have some kind of secret identity that they eventually... switch to, I guess, when they need to be among civilians. But... your image as a superhero is so well known, and with how effective you are at being able to stop stuff from happening, people begin to wonder if you even have time to not be a hero. I myself wondered that at some point. But, well, now I have my answer."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am

Looking over at her as she begins purring, Zealot just smiles and continues rubbing her back. Leaning his head into her slightly, he shrugs.

"Did the vampirism make you part cat, too? As for the 'Time' thing, remember what my powers used to be-I used to have time for anything. Though, to be honest, I wasn't outside of the persona much. What was the point? Adrian Sable isn't exactly a hugely famous person."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:27 am

"N-no... I think." Being so different from her sire while still being a vampire, she didn't quite know anymore. Maybe Lucy is more animal than she first thought. "And, that's true, yeah. It was the same for me, at least outside of my hometown."

Lucy put on a look of thought on her face and after a long pause she says, "Despite everything that has happened from the day I entered Eagleopolis to now... Adrian, you are the best thing that has ever happened to my life."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 am

Giving her a smile and a gentle pat on the back, Zealot seems happy, for a moment; his voice rings with an air of ease and happiness that seems rare for any...entity like him.

"Of course I am. I'm the best thing that happens in most people's lives. I work to help, y'know?"

...Huh. With all that, it'd probably become apparent to Signal, once again, that past the smile, the beautiful face, those muscle-almost got caught up in it myself. Anyway, past all the great parts about him, including the fact that he legitimately thinks he's doing the right thing...Zealot is simply not a mentally well person. He's someone who has killed a huge amount of people for no reason other than his own personal moral hang ups. Were he lacking superpowers, he'd be in the same league as Charles Manson or Ed Gein and in prison, not a famous, feared person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:58 am

"You do, but... I suppose if it weren't for you, I'd probably be in an alley feeding on hobos or something. Or worse." Sure, Zealot was sick in the head, but did Signal know that? For all she knew the man holding her was the man who saved her from becoming an enemy to all that she loves. She was truly, genuinely grateful, even if tearing off her arm for something she couldn't have predicted or prevented was a dick move.

Signal adjusted herself and put her head down on Zealot's chest, looking into the forest. She could imagine herself, torn, bloodied, rabid even, wandering in the wilderness waiting for some unwitting person to wander into the woods and...

Yeah. That, and death, was definitely the alternative to letting Zealot... mold her? Was that was he was doing? Grooming might be a better word, too.
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Staring up at the sky and continuing to pet down her back, Zealot shrugs, gazing up into the skies; scanning them...looking around through the stars. For what? Hm.

"Well, yes, probably. But...that's why you belong to me, now. Simple, right?"

Grooming was definitely the best word for it, but...for what? Scanning his mind even to its utter core would reveal no malicious intent towards Signal at all, but Zealot's mind is not an easy place to find logical reasoning. Perhaps he felt like creating another hero. Perhaps. He lays his hand down on top of her head and continues looking up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm

"...Simple. Yeah."

The sound of Zealot's heartbeat, now so close to her ears... still creeped her out. Signal knew by now what a heartbeat of a normal human sounded like, but this man's... it really was drumming to its own rhythm. Alien, but not entirely so.

Signal... fell asleep? No, it was more like closing her eyes and just thinking. She only slept when the sun crept up the sky, and even then it wasn't "sleep" but "resting."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:36 am

Closing his eyes and continuing to face forward towards the sky, Zealot's hand rests on top of the back of Signal's head, his breath becoming steadily measured. Sleep isn't something he needs to do; it's something he can do, but it doesn't really have much effect. Inducing sleep, her lack of a heartbeat resting silently in his ears, he rests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:54 am

A phone call, it's better than nothing. This is crazy long distance though, who's paying for it?

"The guy who delivered it." Man, you're a jerk.

"Ah, Siggy? Oh, by the way, there's a bug on the back your neck. Tiny little thing; Lulu has one behind her knee. Oh, tell Lulu I said congrats on her magic, history-altering boobjob!" Saho, she was never flat.

"Hahaha...sure Narrator..." Saho's voice dropped it's usual cheerfulness, and a serious edge replaced it.

"....Are you alright?."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 am

"While..." Virg took a deep breath, reclining on a tree and listening to the ambiance of the forest. "While I appreciate that you want to... make sure that we're safe, Saho, you could at least warn us about this beforehand. I don't know about Lucy, really, but... actually, I do mind. I..." She sighed, not knowing what to say that wouldn't hurt his feelings while still being polite about it.

"At least around me, this has to stop. It's not okay unless I'm warned beforehand." She paused, thinking about the sign she had carved into the tree in that park. Considering that no one else was around in this forest, at least no one awake, she asked, "Would you like me to show you how to get here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan: Tokyo   

Back to top Go down

Japan: Tokyo
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: