Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Nanite
Alter Ego: Dr. Pierre DuChamp
Main Power: Bionic Physiology

PostSubject: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Dr. Pierre DuChamp looked over his city. It was a mish-mash of architectural styles ranging from elegant, marble temples with tall columns to strange, alien spires reaching high into the blue sky of the empty northern wilderness of Canada.

Everything was a forgery here, of course. As rich as Dr. DuChamp was, importing actual marble and such would've dented even his hefty bank-accounts. Nanocity is Dr. DuChamp's crowning achievement in nano-technology; The entire city had gone up in a matter of weeks after years of meticulous programming to tell the nanobots what to do, but that was not the crown jewel of this city; Nanocity's structures were tougher than most tank armours and, even if destroyed, the city could, theoretically, build itself back up within the day.

This was DuChamp's best attempt to curtail the sky-rocketing costs of collateral damage caused by supers and their destructive tendencies. If his city succeeded, he could foresee a future where citizens were safe in their homes from errant super-attacks behind walls which shrug off tank-shells like so many tennis-balls, a city where, even if a building was knocked down, it would be back the next day.

As he day-dreamed, Dr. DuChamps noticed that the colour scheme could use some work (all white is gaudy), but that was an issue for version 1.1 and beyond. For now, Dr. DuChamp had a city to wreck and no one to wreck it. He would soon hold a worldwide announcement inviting supers from around the world to come and do their best to knock his city down. At an opening pay of $10,000 dollars (after travel expenses) and a $10,000 bonus for each building which did not come back up, DuChamp hoped to attract the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

Hero Name: Chameleon
Alter Ego: Teleza Sandveld
Main Power: Reptilian Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

VROOM VROOM!

The sounds of an engine roared and echoed through the empty streets, there being nothing else to hear besides the sounds of the approaching motorcycle.

SCREEEEEEEEEEECH.

The wheels dragged along the pavement as the bike drew rapidly to a halt. It didn't seem to reach it however before it flipped out from underneath the rider, sliding off along the streets before hitting the side of one of those buildings and erupting into flames. Was it a sad attempt at trying to cause damage to one of those structures? No. She just had no idea how to ride a motorcycle.

Standing at the foot of one of those buildings, presuming that it was the one that housed the creator of this city, the young, dark skinned girl tilted her head, gazing up the length of the building from behind her dark sunglasses. The door was probably opened. He probably wanted people to walk inside. But that would be too easy. There was no greater exercise of freedom than by doing something stupid and unnecessary. Her hands darted into her black leather coat, pulling out two handguns to spin them about on her fingers before pointing them upwards towards the building. She looked like something right out of the Matrix...just 13 years later.

PHTPH PHTPH. WHHHHHZZZZZ.

Two, three pronged hooks shot out of the tips of the guns, zipping up towards the building before slamming into the surface, sticking against it. Suddenly she shot up off the ground after them, the lines retracting and pulling her upwards as her coat flapped in the wind. She hit the side of the building, her feet pressed against it as the lines retracted to their ends. The handles of the gun suddenly split open and formed about her hands, making tight fitting gloves on them with the prong ends still sticking to the building. Slowly she began to climb her way up to greet the owner, pulling up her hood over her wild, free bushy hair (yes, the leather coat has a hood). The dark leather of the coat slowly began to fade away, leaving behind...well nothing. She had become invisible to the eye. She wanted to give the owner quite the surprise!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 pm

DuChamp's building was always open to the public, yet another P.R. move to prove that his progression past the limits of human-flesh to that of the limitless possibilities of a body comprised solely of bio-nano-bots was not the action of a mad-man bent on immortality, but the promise of a better tomorrow for everyone. He had to be better than human to convince the world he still WAS human.

He headed to the roof where the cameras had been set up; he had a commercial to shoot.

It would play every hour on every station, be featured in news-papers and online articles as ads, not to mention the coverage the news would give for free.

"$10,000 dollars, all expenses paid, and a bonus for destruction; the state of the world today has convinced me that these are terms which should appeal to all supers. Hello, I'm Dr. Pierre DuChamp; a leading force in the field of nanorobotics, and I give to you: NANOCITY."
The Camera pans out to reveal the city below as DuChamp continues to speak. "Supers have been destroying property for many years, and there seemed to be no end in sight, but I have set my mind to alleviating the problems. As you can see, there are thousands of buildings type out here and, as you can NOT see, they are all made up of my nanobots, and they may well be the future"
"Structures that rise simply with a program."
A wire-frame skyscraper is added on screen for effect. The bottom of the building is already seen visibly rising at remarkable speed. The building would be complete within the day.
"And though they are not invincible"
A small armada of tanks is seen shooting a building repeatedly, leaving it unscathed. A larger laser tank fires a large laser blast at the same building, blowing off half of the building.
"Their deaths are not the end of comfortable living."
The townhouse is already rebuilding itself.
"Even the devastated Eagleopolis may rise again with my nanobots. But it is too soon to speak of such dreams, my friends."
The camera returns to DuChamp, a golden-haired man in his late 20s.
For now, I simply offer all supers an opportunity to make some money and offer the world a short reprieve from those supers that accept; For the next 2 months, I challenge any-and-all supers to come destroy my city. If it can withstand such a concentrated onslaught for 2 months, then I will deem this project worthy of mass production and available for purchase. I offer each super who lends their aid in this endeavour $10,000 dollars up front, as well as all expenses, including travel, being paid for. Each building that is so utterly destroyed that it cannot rise again will provide me with valuable research material and the supers who destroyed it with an additional $10,000 bonus. So come, sign up for mayhem: DuChampNano booths have been scattered across the globe and in every major city and shopping centre, heck, some supers have already signed on. Come to Nanocity, and let us go into the future together, my friends."

As the cameras dissolved before him and the information was broadcast from the building's computer to the world, DuChamp waked in from the terrace into the sole room at this height: his bedroom. A surprisingly bare room, there was not even a bed. He waltzed into the middle of the room and said, "Couch," and he spread out his arms as he fell backwards, a surprisingly soft, white couch springing up to catch him. DuChamp stared into the pristine white ceiling and could not help but think: "I really need to add in come colour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 am

She finally made her way to the rooftop, climbing over the edge before swirling her hands around, the mechanical gloves retracting and forming into guns once again. She holstered them inside of her jacket and removed her hood to drop her camouflage before looking over to the man standing on the other side, apparently filming a commercial. Ah. This was a perfect opportunity.

Seconds later she was standing behind him, holding up a sign that read “Marriage is Oppression. Don’t Give it to the Gays. Take it From the Straights.” She waved it about quietly, stepping to the side each time he turned to stay out of his sights. She kept a surprisingly straight face the entire time before putting the sign away and walking around behind him to follow after him if he still hadn’t noticed her.

“You can say that again.” She would say in response to his own comment, leaning in to stare back down at him from behind her glasses as he stared up to the ceiling.

“No need to worry about travel expenses. I was in the area already. But I would like to get a head start on the project.” She said before turning her head to look away, examining the inside of the building. As she turned, the tiny communication device in her ear was visible. Whoever she was she wasn’t alone. Which made sense considering her natural lack of focus. Whatever..sensible plans she might have might have been coming from somewhere else.

“Although…paying me in a little…tech upgrade…might be acceptable as well…” She said, voice drawing closer to calm and collected now, seeming to have something to focus on now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:36 am

'Right, just in the area of Northern Canada where the population density is lower than a vegetable's I.Q.' thought DuChamp to himself. Despite this sudden intrusion, the man seemed non-plussed, if a tad bit startled at first.

"Colour'll be in version 1.1," promised DuChamp.

"Depending on the tech, it could be arranged, though you do understand that you must also accept the cash. It would be unseemly of me to offer tech for cash to those who might use it to harass normal people.

DuChamp groaned as he got up. He was not tired in the least, it was just a habit he'd picked up.

"Now, of course I can make tools for you, though the first version will only work within the city as a precautionary measure. Any attempts to remove them from the city will see them dissolve into so much dust. Of course, if you prove to be a... trustworthy super, a more permanent arsenal can be created; there are enough villains in the world, heroes could use a friend too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am

Teleza nodded, hands darting into her jacket to grab her guns, just out of habit. She pulled them out and spun them around before setting them down on the back of the couch. She then slid off her jacket to reveal some sort of scale plated vest beneath. She removed that and set it down as well. If nothing else she was disarming herself in a show of good faith.

“Trust me, doc. I’m on your side. I’ve seen enough war and chaos in my life…” She said, ignoring the fact that she was like 10. She removed her shirt to expose another thin layer of scaled armor beneath it which she took off as well to place on the couch, leaving some sort of sports bra beneath. There was no telling how much tech she had on her or how far she would go before she was stopped.

“It’s kind of bulky as you can see. Hard to store and carry. Easy to disarm you of too. (Yeah right.) Not to mention the fire power is kind of low, but mostly that first stuff.” She mentioned, continuing to disrobe and pull out pieces of gear. She had a few scars here and there, remnants of her time in war.

(I was thinking of something like the Bleeding Edge armor. Not Overpowered at all. :3 )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 am

A ten-year-old girl stripping in a room with no on else there but a rich man was not good P.R.

"Oh for gosh sake, NanoComp, bisect this room, add in a door on the terrace's side" A wall started rising between the two, leaving the strange girl with the couch in her 'room'.
"Just put the stuff you want me to look at on the couch," instructed DuChamp before the wall closed.

The entire city was modular to a certain degree, and authorized personel could alter any home to the to suit the owner's tastes.
NanoComp, the central computer of the city, had some of DuChamp's preferences programmed in (such as the Couch command), but unusual requests required better instructions.

"NanoComp, the girl's room. Place a wardrobe with a dress. What? No I don't know her size, put three dresses in there if you're so concerned!"

After he'd been assured that she was decent, DuChamp went to examine the girl's gear.
She explained to him the various ins and outs of what it did. This provided stealth-camouflage, that provided armoured protection. These guns became claws became grappling hooks and were only as strong as regular guns. These medical things.... were currently beyond what he believed he could realistically mimic.
DuChamp's mind raced.
He returned the girl's things to her, told her to meet him back here in about 4 hours, left the room so she could change, and went down one floor to another empty room.
"NanoComp, Workshop." Desks, beakers, computers, and tools sprang up around him.
He took a minute to concentrate on his body, using his eidetic memory to recall blueprints exactly.
"Crafter Configuration!" he yelled like a saturday-morning cartoon super-hero. His body rearranged itself to suit the task at hand and his very mind was rewired for efficiency. This form allowed him to move at inhuman speeds while working on inventions, but was good for little else.
The girl would soon have nifty new toys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:33 am

She blinked a bit and looked up as the wall began to build in front of her. She didn’t pay much mind to it before dumping out the rest of her gear. She noticed the dresses popping up but didn’t seem to care much for them. In fact, once she pulled her coat back over her form she pulled out a red marker and drew a big red ‘X’ on each one along with the word “OPPRESSION”. She was serious about that. Or not. Either way she found it fun. America was such a great country. It was so amazing to have first world problems. Not that oppression was a serious issue. But to be able to defile it at this level was a delight.

Seeing that he didn’t need to actually take it to make anything for her, she began the long process of putting it all back on. Just as well. She needed a backup in case something went wrong and he didn’t allow her out of the city with her new toys. In the meantime she…

Jumped out of a window and plummeted to the ground, arms and legs spread out to slow her descent before she retrieved her guns and shot her grapp—stickling(?) hook out to adhere to the side of another building, attaching her guns to somewhere in her coat before the tension could suddenly rip her arms out. She swung along the line and into a window on the lower floors of one of the buildings, retracting her lines before looking around. She made her way lower into the building while inspecting the structure and its supports.

After some inspection and placing a few packages in the building on the bottom floor, or as far into the basement as possible, she started to make her way out. At the door she stopped and turned around, looking up to the ceiling.

“NanoComp…initiate self-destruct sequence..?” She said while looking about. It was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 am

DuChamp accessed data on the girl's voice from NanoComp, it wouldn't be right to have the gear activate whenever anyone spoke.
He worked at a feverish pace with all the glee of a child at play. Building didn't actually take that long as much of it was programing and he was able to borrow from previous projects.

DuChamp finished slightly ahead of schedule and was eager as a kid at Christmas to show off what he'd made. He returned to his normal form and dashed out of the room, forgetting to put away his workshop.
He loved designing nano-gear.
When he saw the girl, he was nearly giddy.

"Okay now! You see these bracelets? They're your guns. See this belt? It's your suit," he said proudly, well aware that these were much smaller than her usual gear.

"All right, so you're probably wondering, 'mister super-scientist, how can something so small be so useful?' and the answer is SCIENCE! Nanobots are awesome, but you're intereseted in the suit, right? Right!" he deflected.
"So you say 'Suit-On' to activate the armour. It's basically a wearable version of what the city's made of, but smaller. It's tough enough to laugh off most small-ams, but a tank-shell will likely hurt you. Don't get shot at by a tank. It's also worth noting that it won't do much against stuff like lightning bolts or other energy-attacks supers seem fond of... except fire. The suit provides life-support and is fire-resistant; You might work up a sweat, but you won't get burned."

"You had camouflage gear, right? Well the suit will blend into the background when you move slowly: just don't sprint anywhere and you should be fine. I'm not sure how your other gear worked, but this one affects all visual ranges known to science... and guess what the best part is? Go on! No? Oh all right. If you were to get knocked about by some less scrupulous super, the suit will fix you... though it won't be protecting you when it does this as it needs to dissolve and... um... well, never you mind. It's quite safe and very quick. You should be up and at 'em within a minute! I know some people feel uncomfortable about having robots insi....instead of talking about that, let me show you these guns!"
He handed the belt to the girl so she could put it on.

"Now, you say 'Guns-On', 'Claws-On' or 'Grapple-Extend' to shift them from one from to another. You can reprogram the words by accessing that option with a simple: 'Bracelets. voice-command reset.' and waiting for the beep. Same for the armour, but say 'Belt' instead of 'Bracelets'." DuChamp clasped the bracelets around the girls wrists.

"Now, the bullets the gun fires are as quiet as can be, and you don't need to worry about ammo while in the city. The bullets are made of nanites gathered from the city itself; an extra precaution should it turn out that you were being less than honest. But, anyway, as long as the city stands, these will work here. I'm guessing you were happy with your guns before, but I've amped these up. Their shots are stronger than a sniper rifle! though still a fair bit weaker than a tank-shell...but... well whatever."

"Now, the claws. You'll note that while the claws can still stick to surfaces due to nano-bonding, they're also deadlier! You see how they spin like tiny chainsaws? Exactly. The suit and claws work together. While the claws are active, the suit can stick to a wall the same way the claws can."

"Finally, the grappling hook. I don't know what your old one could do exactly, but this will stick to any surface just like the claws. That includes enemies. You can tie up enemies with this thing and even if they try to cut the rope, it regenerates! Unless they sever it completely in 1 swing, they're trapped... or you are... a 10 year old girl might not be able to hold a captured super come to think of it... tell you what, don't use that..."

"So, turn the gear on!" exclaimed the excitible scientist.

The suit and gear are all completely white. The suit is reminiscent of a power-rangers outfit.

"...I need to do something about the colour issue! Well, time for that later. You'll note that while the suit is on, you can change the bracelet's configuration at a whim... I suppose I could've made a headband to tie the ensemble together without having a helment to respond to your thoughts, but hindsight's 20/20. Soooooo... What do you think?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

She made her way back to the room and was waiting for him when he came in. The gear was all very fancy indeed, but the color… She looked like a walking yin-yang symbol now. Not only was she going to be easily spotted, but people were going to call her out as a hippy right away! That wasn’t so bad as the voice activated gear. Nothing says stealth like yelling out before you’re about to do anything. Good thing she kept her old gear after all, this new stuff was going to be useful only if some overpowered barbarian came and tried to punch her head off. That was probably likely to happen anyway….

She blinked and looked down to the gear before turning and making her way to the window, facing away from him to look outside to the building that she had been inside of just moments ago.

“First…one question.” She said, sounding super serious, and super grim.

“Would you have made these...into bracelets if I were a boy?” She asked.

Dat’s sexist. Dat’s racist.

She then hit the detonator to the explosives all lined up along the supports of that other building. Even if it didn’t collapse under its own weight it would likely fall over and hit one of the other buildings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:41 am

DuChamp arched an eyebrow at the question. What a ridiculous question; this girl was obviously a rebel without a reason... then again, what 10-year old isn't.

"Bracelets are kept on your wrists which reduced travel time to your hands without hampering your tactiles senses, unlike gloves which..."

The sound of an explosion jarred DuChamp out of his explanation. He hurried to the edge of the terrace and saw flames rising from the parking garage of a building across the street.

The girl looked somewhat surprised that the building did not fall.

"If you want to try such mundane, terrorist tactics, see Mrs. Johansen downstairs. She can give you stronger explosives, free of charge. I've found that 20lbs of plastic explosives is a good start, but, next time, keep in mind that the buildings here take a much more holistic approach than conventional architecture. Each nanobot is as strong as the rest. You'll have to clear out at least half of the ground floor to topple that building, but the nanobots then let go of eachother to avoid domino effects, barring there being people inside a room. You can't put a city up against supers if any terrorist group could knock it down. NanoComp, Building D10. Take out the northing half of the first floor."

As the northern half of the bulding dissolved, it quicking began building itself back up, but it was too slow; The building passed the point of no return and disintegrated into a cloud of white smoke that spread unto the streets below and was absorbed back into the city. A few rooms of the building had not disintegrated at the same moment as the building, but collapsed in on themselves and formed a few spheres per room with parachutes that moved to avoid hitting other buildings. As they landed and dissolved, a few startled people could be seen on the ground floor.

"I should probably offer them a bigger hazard-pay bonus," DuChamp mumbled to himself, obviously surprised that there had been people in that building today. "Still, good first effort, little lady," he continued, "Tell Mrs. Johansen that I'm authorizing a $10,000 bonus on your account... and tell her to find the people who were in that building and send them to Dr. Joy; she's the therapist and those people might need someone to talk to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:30 am

She didn’t seem that surprised. She knew there was always room for error. She had made a mistake expecting the inside of the building to be a little less resistant than the outside. It seems that he spared no expense. Her explosives probably were a little weak, she never really used them for much in the first place.

“Hmph.” She watched the display for a moment, head tilting downward as she watched the safety cocoon lower to the ground.

“Will do.” She mentioned before suddenly jumping through his window again. Wait..no…what was the command again? Nononononononononononononnononononononononnononono.

“Grapple-Extend!” She finally said before the grappling hook shot out to attach to one of those buildings, the girl swinging over to it.

“Claws-On.” She said, the grapplers retracting so she could crawl down the side of the building. She hopped down to the ground floor before suddenly jumping through the window to speak with Mrs. Johansen. By the time she was done the window was rebuilt so she jumped through it once again. All very unnecessary. She then rushed off, her direction seeming random before she just made her way into one of the buildings. She remained in there for a while, doing god knows what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am

As time rolled on, small jet planes started landing at NanoCity Airport. They would stay long enough to fuel up and head back out relatively quicklyl the airport was abuzz with activity. It was here that most of NanoCity's mundane residents were employed, providing anything from fine-dining to aglets.

There was a requisitions desk where orders could be placed for any specialty item that the airport did not carry, but these were not free-passes to spend DuChamp's money, as some over-eager supers learned when asked how ninety-nine high-end plasma T.V.s would help them test the city's limits.

Those personnel authorized to use the city's NanoComp were beginning to be stretched thin and more personnel had to be authorized.

Many of the supers who came in the first wave were of questionable power; ''The Plunger', 'Mystical Manny', and 'Hairspray Harriet' seemed content to test the limits of comfort they could experience in NanoCity.

Still, there seemed to be at least one attempt / hour to damage the buildings. Hairspray Harriet, most likely as a token effort, spent a good 30 minutes trying to melt a wall using a lighter and various hairspray bottles. NanoCity-proper was by no means bustling (though the airport was quite active), but its streets were much less empty than they had been.

A tall, fit man dressed in a thick winter-jacket entered DuChamp's building and was granted an appointment within the hour (aside from the young girl, few people had bothered trying to seek him out.
Once on the terrace, the man quickly approached DuChamp and seized him by the throat, pointing a gun at the doctor's head. The fit man could easily toss the portly doctor too and fro'.

"Hello, thing," snarled the man. "I'd ask if you're scared, but I don't suppose a soulless non-entity like yourself can know fear anymore, HUH?" he spat as he easily slammed DuChamp against a wall.

DuChamp was actually still smiling jovially. "Now, now, sit, my friend, sit!" he offered, gesturing towards the chairs on the terrace. "We can talk this out and no one needs to get hur-" the man slammed the butt of his gun unto DuChamp's nose, breaking it.
"OSTIE'D TARBARNAQUE DE CHIEN SALLE!" DuChamp let loose in lieu of a scream.

"WHERE ARE THE CAMERAS YOU USED TO SHOOT YOUR LITTLE COMMERCIAL!" demanded the man.

"NanoComp, cameras," muttered DuChamp through his bloody nose, and the friendly setting of the terrace melted away and cameras rose from the ground.

"Monster building for a monster..." whispered the fit man. "Okay, now... turn them on... and put it though to everyone!"

"NanoComp, camera's rolling. Target audience - everyone." This last command was completely pointless as DuChamp had no way of forcing anyone to show anything he made unless he paid them handsomely or someone posted the happenings on the internet. Despite the fact that DuChamp could not give the attacker the audience he desired, the windows and mirrors of NanoCity did flicker and display the scene atop the terrace. DuChamp was disappointed as this had been a surprise feature he'd wanted to unveil at the closing ceremonies, but he also wanted to keep his nose from being hit again.

"Is it on?"
"Yes, you're on, you can see yourself on that damned skyscraper, can't you?"
The man looked amazed as he stared at himself on the building, but he noticed his dazed look, put on his game face, and socked DuChamp in the stomach for good measure.
"Ladies and gentleman, today I will show the world that humanity, the human spirit, will not be crushed by machines! Just who the hell do you think I am?" he screams as he belts DuChamp in the stomach again. "I am Equity! I will be the hero that humanity deserves. I am sad that I have but one life to take for you, humanity, but this is one small death for man and one giant leap for mankind. So I will believe! I will believe in the me, that believes in us, humans and the future! The will is my soul! "
It was at this point that many viewers realized that this man was spouting quotes from other people in a mishmashed speech which, though completely incoherent, did make clear that the man was strong against humanity going beyond the flesh.
"My parents are dead, and God is dead, but the fires of my soul burn bright!"
From the way he was gloating (and the fact that the man was visibly proud of this tribute to plagiarism, seemingly convinced that this would catapult his name to stardom), and the seemingly endless repertoire of quotes he seemed to be drawing from, it might be a very long hour before DuChamp has to fear a bullet-hole in the head. As for his sanity, who knows how long his psyche can withstand the continuous drivel being uttered into the cameras.

Day 1 of Nanocity's opening, and the man in charge was being held at gunpoint. A lovely start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 am

Teleza sat in the basement of one of those buildings, quietly experimenting with the materials that constructed it. She went through various strengths and types of acids to see which would be most effective in eating through the building. She had a huge stock of then on her, as they were her preferred method of attacking, the one that matched the rest of her gear. Unfortunately she would have to do some more ground work, as high levels of destruction weren't exactly her strong point. Terrorism was all she really had to accomplish this job. She could probably kill everyone inside of the building with no problem...but why would she go and do that?

Hearing the message being played throughout the city, she eventually stood up and wandered outside, tilting her head back to gaze up at one of the screens. That man with the doctor...he...he was...totally awesome! She decided she had to go meet him for herself so...

"Grapple-Extend!" She shot up to the side of the building she met the doc at and climbed up along it before crawling in on her belly like a gecko to peak in on the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:30 am

The man was becoming more theatrical by the minute.
"The greatest battle is the one not fought, but the greatest loss is that of your principles; and my principles are that humans must be human!" he exalted.
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end, but the end of flesh is the end of new beginnings itself!" he screamed, jerking DuChamp back and forth like a forgotten ragdoll.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted. This thing has all the blocks of a human, but what of the soul!" he condemned.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell, but if you are going through hell, keep going. Because life is a game and half this game is ninety percent mental." By this point, the man's enamoured views of himself were becoming very apparent.
"The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life, and the world's full of apathy, but I don't care. These days all it takes for your dreams to come true is money and power, but some dreams shouldn't come true! Look at him! DuChamp, You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel pain!" To drive the point home, the man pistol whipped DuChamp some before turning to the camera.
"I have no color prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any better. But this man thinks he can be better than human. He must die."
The man shot DuChamp in the head, let his lifeless body drop to the ground, and walked away. There would be no security forces that would try to stop him, every employee would seem disturbingly unfazed by what had occurred on screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Teleza simply watched from the shadows, unfortunately unable to reach them before he ended up being shot. She simply blinked quietly until the man was out of sight before she made her way over to the doctor.

"Doc? Doc? You alright?" She asked, ignoring the bullet wound to his head as she poked at his body. He was a freak after all, there was no telling what he was capable of. It was hard to believe the doc could be so easily defeated on his own turf. No matter how...big and strong and awesome that other guy was. She lifted her head and made sure to keep an eye and ear out for where the man was going so she could keep track of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Equity kicked open the doors to the airport, drawing the gaze of everyone inside.

"Good people, being deeply loved by you gives you strength; loving you deeply has given me the courage to topple that abomination! I come to you as your hero, letting you know that, it's not that I want to have you. All I want is to deserve you, humanity. And though sometimes it may feel as though whatever you do will be insignificant, it is very important that you do it, for it is in the small things that humanity's spirit is embiggened!" he pontificated.

"The thing I killed considered itself a genius, but one fool can ask more questions than ten wise men can answer, and it would never have understood its fall from the sacredness that is being human because you can't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around -- and why his parents will always wave back." A single practised tear rolled down Equity's chiselled cheek.

Most of the attendants smiled as if enjoying a private joke, but the assembled supers were more agitated.
"And what about the money we were supposed to get? You knocked out our paycheck!" the Plunger bellowed.

"Yeah! I was counting on that money," Mystical Manny added.

Equity looked murderously at these unenlightened scum.

"Gentlemen, please!" Mrs. Johansen's voice cut through the crowd as she appeared on every screen. "Dr. DuChamp's promises to you all will be fulfilled; there is no need to worry about the money. The NanoCity project, despite some... setbacks, will continue as planned. Your efforts will prove very important for the sake of this project as the information you provide will help us improve our systems. Please, continue as you were."

The announcement that the money was still theirs calmed the crowd, but their curiosity had been peaked; it was known that NanoQ had virtually nothing in the way of researchers as DuChamp did not always play well with other people when it came to his nanobots, so how could the project continue with his death?

Equity looked particularly taken aback and stormed back into the city. The news that the project was continuing did not sit well with him at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 pm

Teleza blinked down at the doctor from behind her sunglasses, standing up as she got no response from him. She made her way over to the window to look around for the man before noticing him on his way back into the city.

"Claws." She said, extending the black metal claws out from her hand before cutting the glass out of the window, drawing her finger along it quietly as if the man could hear her. She then pulled the glass away from the frame before standing at the edge of opening to watch him. Quickly she jumped out before the glass could rebuild itself, attaching her claws to the side of the building to climb down along it, drawing closer to the man from above before quickly jumping down after him, attempting to land on his shoulders with her feet.

"Afternoon. I hear you have a message to spread." She would say, whether she landed on him or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Sandveld's landing on Equity would barely register. Unlike the Hairspray Harriets of the city, it seemed that Equity actually had some super-quality about him. It was not until he heard the girl's voice that he looked up, startled.

"Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?" he questioned.

"Ah, a little sister looking to join the good fight and looking for tips? Well, I believe that one should never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. And most importantly, too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap the mother fucker upside the head."

If she did not stop him, Equity would take her off his shoulder, place her on the ground, pat her head, and continue on, obviously taking her for an ineffectual child playing at revolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 am

She blinked as she was grabbed and removed from the man's shoulders, her eyes simply staring up to him and her mouth slightly agape. He was the most awesome person she had ever met. She wasn't sure what to do now, so she simply followed behind him, hands her pockets and coat swaying behind her. The time to act might come soon, but there was always still time to talk. In the meantime she had a shipment coming in. It would take a helicopter to have it lifted into the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Equity kept walking. His pace was quick and purposeful, a half-jog for a small girl.

If she continued following him quietly, Sandveld would discover that Equity was leaving the city. Some 2 km outside the city, Equity would examine his surroundings, and, if he believed himself to be alone (and it is not hard to go unnotived by Equity), then he would set up a small communications array for a tele-conference...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 pm

She blinked behind her sunglasses and continued to follow behind him, standing just at his heels, careful not to step on them, meaning he would have to turn and look all the way down at the back of his legs to see her. She was somewhat hidden, but also not really worried about him finding her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 am

As Equity refused to look down at people, he never saw the short girl. He set about his business setting up the communications equipment. If the girl knew anything about such devices, she'd note the distinct lack of speakers, microphone, and power-source. Before powering up the machine, Equity rolled up his shit, revealing chiselled abs, and plugged a wire into his belly button. The equipment whirred to life and a screeching similar to modem noised heard over a telephone filled the area. The screen on the equipment flashed with pictures or DuChamp, nanobots, military police, police brutality, monarchs, and Nanocity in flames.
Equity would stare at these images, transfixed, for half-an-hour before showing any signs of life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teleza Sandveld

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Teleza didn't really know of or seem to care about the equipment, but more about the information that it delivered. She watched it before tilting her body to the side to look up to Equity from behind her glasses. This was odd. She waited until he finished before tapping at the back of his leg.

"Hey...I thought you were human." She would ask, announcing her presence bluntly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Pierre DuChamp

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Equity, not quite back to himself yet, whirled on the small girl with jet black eyes and a blank expression on his face.
As his pupils undilated, Equity took on a more jovial expression.
The equipment repackaged itself automatically as Equity spoke.

"Human? Humanity is the light of the future, but the bane of the past. I have no colour prejudices nor caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse. Yet Humankind cannot bear very much reality. They will not realize that humans are bred to suffer and born to die, or understand In nature a repulsive caterpillar turns into a lovely butterfly. But with human beings it is the other way round: a lovely butterfly turns into a repulsive caterpillar. My belief in humanity is my driving passion, little sister. Now come, Equity will escort you back to your parents."

Equity offered his hand to the small girl, a gesture which seemed carried out with unreal practice and precision to evoke the maximum amount of trust. Equity's movement since the transmission had seemed unnatural, but as time went by, his posture would relax, his movements become more haphazard, and he would take on a more organic bearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity   

Back to top Go down

Northern Canadian Wilderness: Nanocity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Non Roleplay IC Things-
Jump to: