Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nevada: Las Vegas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigil

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Sigil
Alter Ego: Virgilia Balentine
Main Power: Symbol Magic

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 am

"Signal is..." Virgie looks at Lucy. Aside from her still-cooking hand, she's fast asleep. "Lucy is resting. After everything that just happened..."

She looks back at Zealot.

"...How is it that you know Signal?"

Last edited by Sigil on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am

"Dead." Saho states coldly and easily; guess life as a detective gives you a hell of a poker face.

"That's why my cloak is over a corpse. To respect her. Not that you'd know that." Ignoring his ignoring, he calmly walks around him, hands behind his back as if to ready something.

"Which leads us to the initial point: We're done here, so go away." Rather pushy about this, huh?

(He's going to hurt them. Not me, because I'm not 'special' but them....he'll hurt them. Not happening.) Subsequently, parenthesis is how Saho will show he says something in his head, as opposed to out loud. So? How will you stop him? If it helps, you could beat him chess or something, hands-down.

(Somehow, I don't think it will....tch, he loves humanity so much. I'm human. Don't suppose he'll come to my rescue if I throw myself off this building?) Not likely. Flashbang him?

(That's what I was thinking. Smoke grenade too, but it probably wouldn't help. Ah....I didn't prepare for this.) Well, you could use THAT.

(No, I need more preptime to use THAT. Flashbang then.) Your call. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Hero Name: Zealot
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superhuman Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

"Yes, I know she's dead. She's not ashed, so don't try to lie to me about her current state of...ability to move."

Shifting himself up to his full height before snaking his hand out at super-speed to grab on to Sigil's shoulder, Zealot stares down at her and move himself up to begin flying while holding her. He then proceeds to move over to Signal's body.

"As for going away, if you'd like. I just need to take Signal in order to get her to the other side of the globe and...this female. I don't know, I guess I just kind of want an explanation, at this point. You'd probably interrupt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 am

"What are you going to do to us...?" Sigil eyed Zealot. "Oh gracious..."

As Zealot reached out for Signal, though, Sigil glares at him. She looks back at Saho, a face full of worry, but can't find the right words to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:34 pm

"Heh. Yeah, I can understand that. How about I go instead? After all, those two didn't really do anything; I was the one who thought of the design that killed the vampire lord..." ...Now or never.

"..." He tighens his grip on the flashbang behind his back and....throws it.

Off the building.

Without arming it.

WHY?!

"Whats the point? The only advantage I have on you is brains; so I guess I'll use mine....I'm....worried. I've never had people to be worried for before. I'm scared that you'll try to break the happiness I've manage to scrounge up for myself. Do you understand that? I'm scared of losing either of them....and I hate this. I hate not being able to do anything to you; to Val. Not being able to protect them. I can out-think you probably 6 different ways in any subject you want but at the end of the day...

I...can't think of how to beat you. And that scares me more than anything. Because it means if you try something I" He falters, his voice beginning to crack, but he holds back tears for now. For as long as he remembers, Mange has had information on EVERYONE. It's how he defends himself. It's, quite simply, how he makes sure his mother never happens to him again-or anyone else. It's his only real advantage over others, sure he's acrobatic but anyone devoted enough can learn that and could eventually equal or exceed him and so....for all his life he's had to depend on his intelligence and wits. To face someone where the only thing you had that made you special all your life; that was the sole reason you escaped a personal hell and was your only source of comfort and pride, is completely useless.....he hasn't felt that helpless against anyone since his liberation, and THAT'S what terrifies him: Being helpless. The rest? False bravado. He'd like to, but he can't keep lying to himself like that.

"So please...if you love humanity even a fragment as much as you claim to; ask and take what you need from me, but leave them alone." He drops down to his knees and pleads. He'd only just begun to think clearly; to feel like he could crawl out of the hole she dumped in him. Is he really going to lose that so soon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 am

Sigil listened to Saho's plea, hoping it would reach Zealot's reason. Considering his track record, though, it probably wouldn't. She had read of many villains who pleaded for their lives, that they can reform, that they WILL reform... and it never ends well with them either way. Once Zealot has his sights on you? Step out of the way, dead man walking.

"Saho. If what Zealot wants is an explanation, I can provide it just fine. We'll be back in no time. Count on it. But."

Her attention is turned towards Zealot.

"You. Harm a hair on my cousin's head, and I will do everything in my power to make sure you pay the price."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 am

(Helplessness. That's what it all comes down to; right? Ah, I wish I could believe you Siggy. I want to, I really do. But...what if I don't get to tell her?) Tell her what? Damn, Saho. You're so romantic.

(I don't want to lose them; is that so bad?) Perhaps all he does want is an explanation.

(Then why the theatrics?...I'm scared; that's all. Scared. Like I've always been.) You gonna start beating yourself up now?

(No. But what can I do? I'm not a hero. I'm a detective. I've never been a 'hero'. I mean, look at what my life is; one step forward and two steps back. Hell, look at how I ended up here.) Your life IS fairly shitty. Like, straight-up, you probably have the worst backstory so far. Least you don't have the worst incidents; you haven't died or had your limbs ripped off yet. You and Signal are lined up to be entered to win the 'Shittiest Life' award however. She'd win though, I think.

(Thanks a lot.)

"...an explanation. I'm a world-renowned detective-considered by many to be the best in the world. It's not just an empty title; I have everything that comes with being a detective. I'm going to publish these events and probably have to deal with the press and law enforcement about it. It isn't like I'm not well-known; maybe not famous but my name certainly isn't obscure. What I mean is....

Why ask them? Please. Ask me instead." His voices starts to regain some confidence. It's true what he says; Saho. even with his reputation, still has the other one of actually being VERY good.

"...please don't take them from me.." He mutters, quietly. Like a whisper. Nobody else on earth could hear it except for him; but it's a silent plea. Not from a super-powered hero who understood and faced everything; but from a detective trying to help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 am

Head lolling to the side for just a moment, eyes closing, before Zealot looks back up. Hand sweeping down to pick Signal up and looking off in the direction of-...well, Japan, Zealot floats there for a moment, considering a few things. Jaw clenches, and a sigh leaves him.

"Signal is someone who I have met before; she doesn't have a problem going with me. She'd tell you as much, were she awake. For now, I'm going to take her to the other side of the planet and get her some blood from a bloodbank. As for your...being a detective, well; it becomes a bit of a moot point for someone like myself. I'll return the female who isn't vampiric to Vegas shortly, when I am finished with my queries. The one who is...well. I suppose that's her decision. I need to ask them because I require more of an explanation then you can give; a personal one. The detective's tone is fine for...most, but for this situation, it falls dulcet. I am not taking, I am simply...moving. They'll be back shortly enough-think of it as though your friends had gone off to work."

Not mentioning the casualty rate of the job before looking over to the horizon, staring off in the direction of Japan, Zealot steels himself and prepares to fly. Lowering his voice and directing it towards Sigil, he gives a not quite sanctimonious shrug and speaks lowly, a gentle whisper.

"Everything in your power does not worry me a terribly large amount."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 am

Manges takes a deep breath sigh. Maybe he isn't so bad.

"..Thank you. Uh...I'm sorry if we got off to a bad start..." He stands up, reaching for his cloak and once again engulfing himself in it as usual.

"....But I meant what I said. I will make a world that doesn't need you; any super. I promise you that." Mange shot a stare of ice at the anti-thesis of who he was. His words were strong enough to move mountains and he said them with no hint of fear or falsehood. This was a new day for Saho Mange, a new chapter in his life. A chance to rebuild, to become something he could look in the mirror and accept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Sigil was not threatened by Zealot's words. "Then you very clearly underestimate what my powers can do. Or you don't know of them. " Zealot now seemed more of a bully; perhaps Saho was right in the end.

Still... if Signal knows Zealot, surely he can't be THAT bad, right?

...right?

She wondered if Pluto's sign could work on killing someone like Zealot. Were she unable to die by any means, Virgie would be more than happy to test that theory out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 pm

"Perhaps you underestimate mine; I'm simply attempting to discourage you from trying anything which may warrant me harming you. A simple goal, don't you think?"

It'd probably be best if Sigil didn't know that Zealot had torn off Signal's arm.

Closing his eyes and feeling around towards the area of Japan; thinking...before goin-fuck, why is he always so fast? Seriously, it's getting to be a complex, or something. I think he misses the time powers. Shortly enough, he slams into the ground in Japan; a shockwave gets sent out in a small field outside of Tokyo. Standing himself up tall, he looks at Sigil, considering letting her go to walk on her own; then shrugs, simply walking towards the city himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Well, what now?

"....I have no-"

"HEY. YOU. UP THERE IN THE STUPID CLOAK IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING NEVADA, AREN'T YOU SAHO MANGE? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE."

"Oh, right. Cops." And so Saho climbed down to do his least favorite, most boring part of being a detective: debriefing and questioning.

"Right, well. My investigation began...." This part is really boring so for the sake of it all, let's skip it....then come back later. The scene is a rebuilding of Vegas; just as Zealot said the detective's words are indeed enough for most. It was nearly the end of the day now, and Mange had spent nearly all of it in a police station talking to Vegas police, FBI, and CIA. Oddly enough, most were familiar with him and had even met him before; though I suppose that sort of thing tends to happen when you're a world class detective. The other half was spent with reporters, both wondering what happened and the rest amazed that Saho could now communicate with them and wasted no time hammering him with questions, both about this and some of his other more spectacular cases. As for the man himself? He finally had some time to himself. The sun was setting and he stood atop of a ruined but still standing building, hooded and cloaked to watch the sunset.

Spoiler:

His cellphone rang, who is that now?

"Informate in Tokyo, giving me the update on their conversation." It's impressive that you found them so quickly.

"...Not really, I'd be ashamed of myself if I didn't." Going to voicemail then? It's not nice to eavesdrop.

".....my life's good, right? He kept his word; he hasn't hurt them. So far, apparently, nothing has been said between them I really need to know about." But that's not who you, is it? You need to know everything about a person. You need to. You don't feel comfortable with them otherwise.

"I know....what if I don't like what I hear though? I....have never been like this, happy I mean. It scares me so much." Why?

"Because it could end any second; because they-she could end it. I don't think I could handle that, god I really don't....and besides....what now? Wasn't my entire character designed on that fear I had? It's what drove everything I did: fear. Fear of my mother drove me from women-from anyone really. Fear of getting hurt is what made me NEED to learn everything about a person. Without that fear; how good will I be now, as a detective?" Fear isn't the only motivator.

"No, just mine. And now I'm at a crossroads. This could be it. Maybe I can get over everything and just stop now, I mean, wouldn't that be a comforting way to end it? Right here? I could jump from here; and while I'm falling I could remember that in the last moments, I was happy. What if it doesn't work out? What if, in a few days, everything goes wrong? I don't want to go back down that pit, I really don't. But, I'm still scared. Scared of who I'm gonna become now, or where my life is going to go now. At least before I knew; it's always better knowing....this is new for me. Ha, in the end it always comes down to fear for me." So, you going to listen to that voicemail? If you're that worried about Virgilia betraying you or something. He stopped talking to himself and stared at that cellphone intensely.

"....I'm sick of being afraid. Maybe this is all new and scary for me but....I'm not going back into that pit. I'm going to get better. It doesn't matter how used to I was to it; I hated it. So no. I'm not. I'm done being afraid. And for once, I don't need to know everything." So throw it.

"...." You can't, right? No matter how inspirational your speech sounds you can't change who you are. You're still afraid, and you desperately want to know, right? So just look, nobody could blame you. Hell, I'm certain they all expected it. Unless Zel is stupid, he must've figured you'd be watching them if they were to go to any major city, especially goddamn Tokyo. See, I'm a voice in your head. This is you being paranoid. Listen to it, Mange.

"....Saho throws the cellphone off the building." Saho only wishes he did.

"...." Saho opens his cellphone, going to his voicemail, from there a message begins to play: "So... of all the places to go, why Japan? I'm fine with it-

"...Damnit..." You aren't done being afraid; you're just changing what you're scared of. And you know what? it's still basically the same thing. Being betrayed. Being helpless. Being HURT because of someone else. Sure; maybe you'll be less annoying towards people now but you're still the same person, essentially. Make a world that doesn't need Zealot? Saho....you can't even make a world that doesn't need you.

"...." And so, Mange looked onto the sunset contemplating about his life thus far and what he's going to do now, and, somewhere in the back of his mind....he started mentally playing out all the ways his newfound happiness could turn to shit. Before he knew it, be started to twirl a familiar stiletto knife in his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:48 am

Vegas, middle of the night, what a city. Part of the place and be destroyed by a gigantic vampire lord bat and the rest is as drunk and sinful as always. On one side, Tokyo, and with a quick-step; the pair are in the hotel room in Vegas. Later on, Saho would have to annoyingly deal with angered law officials and reporters as he missed his questionings; he wouldn't be any trouble, they'd just be pissed. But for now; he can enjoy the view. Afterall, they two are finally alone.

"...hmm...maybe magic isn't so bad." He walks through the portal, thinking of what she said. She can help him ignore the voice-ignore me. Do you want that? Can you even fathom trying to function without me?

"...Right, so, voices in my head. 1 voice, actually. I'm sure you help me-save me even...you do that." He offers her his hand from the other side of the Portal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 am

Virgie grabs Saho's hand, stepping into the door. As she steps through completely, it closes behind her. "Thank you... to be told that means a lot to me."

Virgie walks over to the bed, sitting down and sighing. "It really isn't, considering it's what kept me alive and youthful for so long. So, is there anything else you'd like to know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Saho, perhaps absentmindedly, sits next to her on the bed. "...so...you don't want to burn it then? I trust you; more than I trust myself; at least I think I do. It's very confusing in my head. I want to; but it's scary....but anyways; here we are! Safe and sound and-" he pauses to look at her.

"Finally a moment alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

"...yeah. A moment alone."

Virgie looks at Saho. For being the... kind of man that he is, he does have a certain charm to him.

She begins to ramble, saying, "I don't mind if you want me to burn the Tome, I just have no idea what would happen if I do, I mean, considering I was warned by my mother explicitly not to, but if you do find it dangerous, I can't help but agree." Looking at her own hands, hundreds of thousands of memories come rushing back to her, all going in reverse from this point in time. And she remembered when she first opened the Tome, and already it knew what she wanted: 'Everlasting beauty and youth. To be a fair maiden... forever.'

Without knowing why, or perhaps she does, Virgie reaches for the back of her neck. As if fearing what would happen if her fingers made contact with the nape, she hugs Saho again.

"...please. Saho, don't leave me alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

"...Does burning it...reverse it's effect?" Think about it, 229 years old. Can you even begin to comprehend what her 'life' must've been like? 200 years of loneliness, hatred, and bitterness; you've had 24 and you broke; she's still fine after 200. Can you protect her? Can she count on you?

"...You know; who the hell cares? All these stupid, crazy demigods, all-powerful magic threatening to destroy the planet, strange whisperings in my head, and monologues every other post trying to decide whether I'm insane or just bordering on redeemable....I don't care right now. Yeah, you HEAR THAT YOU STUPID NARRATOR? I DON'T CARE ABOUT SOMETHING FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE." ...what?

"Saho returns Siggy's hug; but parts her away so he could...do that...that thing, with the tongue." Kiss her?

"...Ohhh; yeah sure that sounds fine too." What were you....nevermind, he kisses her. Then what?

"Then I'm going to push her down on this bed. Because for once, for ONCE; WE'RE GONNA BE HAPPY AND THERE'S NOTHING THIS STUPID WORLD CAN DO ABOUT IT." And so, Saho pushes her down on her back, himself looming over her. Hmm...how much can we get away with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Not much, because the scene fades to black before anything can be assumed.

After an unspecified amount of time, Virgie wakes up to see that she's curled up next to Saho. It's hard to tell what time it is; it's still dark outside, right? It didn't really matter; two centuries and time feels very inconsequential to you. After all, you never have to worry about Death claiming you by Old Age. Now, by other methods... Virg felt a chill creep up her spine and she hugged Saho even more now.

Whatever just happened in Japan, with that weird dream and ending up in the city... never again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 am

"...Hahaha...I did it. Narrator! Did you see me?! Were you watching?!" Was I watching you and your....why do you even want to know that?

"How was I?! Was I amazing?! I bet I was awesome right?!" He says, kind of to Virgie. Eh, 6/10.

"YESSS, better than average." He fist pumps the air. Excitedly, he hugs Siggy.

"So-so-so, what do you wanna do? Man that was great. Can we do it again?! Oh, but this time, can we try-" Knock it off. Be serious.

"I'm totally serious."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:43 am

She giggles. "We can certainly do that again. But... I'm a bit tired from it, actually. Hmm... I'd like to leave Vegas, though. The authorities will probably want to question me, too, and I'd like to not be re-branded as a villain after trying to give up that... 'title.'"

Virgie sits up, bedsheets held modestly above her chest, and she looks at the circle made on the wall. Because of establishing THAT door... her dreams were invaded and she was warned of overusing her powers. But... her powers come from herself, right?

"What do you think of New York? I'm not exactly fond of the North, but I hear it's very nice at this time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:00 am

"Yeah sure; um...I can probably deal with the questionings in NYC. Oh, I heard on the internet there were lesbian loli catfights....yeah lets go to New York!" He happily gets up and jumps off the bed, heading for the portal...

he's not wearing anything but his cloak and hood....Wait, he kept that on during...you know what, let's just get to New York.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:42 am

"Lesbian loli..." Virgie sighs. "I'll never get used to some of the vernacular in this era."

Virg gets up, getting herself dressed, and stretches... only to see the lack of what Saho was wearing. "I would, but at least puts some pants on. Eccentricity doesn't give you a free pass to streak. ...And, actually, I don't think my portal's still there."

She crosses her arms and thinks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:39 pm

"I could call us a plane.." Mange says, dressing himself. Dark blue and black; only color scheme he seems to wear.

"...Or another jet. A private jet." Let it go.

"..Hmm..but..." He runs over to her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her out of bed; why? So he can show her to the closet and...

"Tada!" Wrap her in one of his other hood & cloak things, of course, he puts the hood up.

"Well, don't you look all scary and mage-y." Not a look people aspire to.

"And there is one more thing..." He reaches back for the closet, into the inner pocket of a separate cloak, and pulls out...a very nice diamond ring? Grasping her left hand gently, he puts it on her ring finger; how cute....

Why do you have that?

"I'm always prepared. Always."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sigil

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm

The cloak is indeed pretty nice. While she was never one to look like your typical magic caster, it would probably serve its uses.

The diamond ring, however, was a pleasant surprise. Underneath the cloak's hood, Virg was profusely blushing. "Saho, I...." After all these years... THIS was why she sought immortality: to find the right man, and here he is. At the cost of sounding horrifically cliché, she mutters, "I do declare... you've made me the happiest girl alive, Saho."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 pm

"Your accent is adorable.....and you've made me the happiest man, ever." He gives her cheek a kiss. All this lovey-dovey stuff is making me sick.

"I called up a private jet for us, come on. It'll be here in no time." He extends his hand out to her, giving her a hidden smile behind that hood.

"To New York then! We'll see the sights and....do whatever there is to do in NYC!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nevada: Las Vegas   

Back to top Go down

Nevada: Las Vegas
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: