Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New York: New York City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom of the Opera

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 am

The Phantom jumps a few more rooftops with ease, sliding over and under pipelines and sidestepping obstacles. He looks back and sees the angel gone. His face betrays his feeling of disappointment for a second, then quickly molds back into his normal cocky expression. Sometimes he hated his own big fat mouth. What was he thinking? 'Superpowered freaks', god he was such an asshole.

Noticing the vampire lady following him, he decides to keep going and head towards the book shop. While twisting and leaping, he says without loss of breath "So, what's your name? Or should I just call you 'Mina'?"

He chuckles at his own reference, knowing quite well that the gal probably doesn't get it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://choriarty.tumblr.com
Compactor

Hero Name: Compactor
Alter Ego: Penelope Pressing
Main Power: Pressure Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:40 am

Compactor took a moment to process what the fuck was happening. Then, Phantom and Signal were heading off to the shabby library and Virtue and the angel were heading back to NYU. Well. She knew who she was going to follow.

Letting out a sigh, she quickly ran towards the edge of the building, jumping off and flying after the two.

"Oi! Wait up for me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

Hero Name: Seraphim
Alter Ego: Unknown
Main Power: Angelic Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:41 am

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahaha!" The angel's now signature freakout scream turns to beautiful sounding laughter. She holds on tight and continues to laugh as they swing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:49 am

Disconnecting from his current web to do a backflip before shooting another, he keeps on his course to the college-now going at easily 100 miles per hour, he shoots a web to a building and pulls himself in a frog hop over it before shooting another web and swinging. Man, making these organic webs made him hungry. I guess that's why he was such a genius cake eater; or...maybe it's why he had gotten a scholarship to NYU for biology? Man, thinking about stuff was hard.

"Fun, right? Seriously, please tell me. I just do acrobatic stuff, I have no idea what's going on most of the time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coniverse.forumotion.com
Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 am

"Ha. Mina. You're funny. At least that one... makes a little more sense. And yes, I do get it. There's a reason I called Dracula 'hairy-palmed'. The novel's pretty good."

Signal noted how effortlessly this guy seemed to jump and swing around, even in that crazy get-up of his. "Did you ever think that, perhaps, you could find an outfit less... well, I mean, I could just grab that cape and do terrible, horrible things. Among other things."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 am

Dear god, he wasn't slowing DOWN. Honestly, it was just infuriating the pressure hero even more. Why did she put up with this asshole?

"Oi! I said -wait up-, Virtue!"

Compactor shouted, increasing her flight speed as she tried to keep up with the insane spider man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 am

"Yeah, fun!" The worries of earlier seem distant and the wind flows through the angel's hair and feathers. Not as adept at holding on as Virtue is, she occasionally flaps her wings to stay on. The second nature way she uses her wings should make her wonder about who she is all over again, but she is too busy swinging from building to building in NYC to care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ottswald

Hero Name: Ottswald
Alter Ego: Otto
Main Power: shell weaponry, was once an otter

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:05 am

Thunking the film on the managerial table, the boss laughed in appreciation
"So yer tellin' me that you killed this guy, chopped im up, trew the evidence into an incinerator and took pictures da whole time?"

"After tailing him for an hour, it wasn't that hard to get rid of the guy. He was predictable and stupid enough to take a shortcut through an empty warehouse. What kind of a dumb shmuck does that?"

"Either way, you've exceeded expectations. Wait till I tell johnny 'bout this, he'll never live it down."

"By the way, you might want to burn those. If anybody in the mob's undercover, they'd be itching to get their hands on them. Tarnishes the name, y'know?"

"Smart thinking, kid. Here's your money," he hands Otto a wad of 20's, "It's not much, but this is a starting job. Stick wit me and this cheddar train will just keep rolling."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

The Phantom's mood lightened at the girl's comment on his outfit and he laughed, mostly because he had thought that for a good amount of time as well. "Don't worry, Mina," he spoke carefully, emphasizing the 'Mina' with a perfect Transylvanian accent. It came easily to one raised in a theatre. "I modified it. Most of this stuff is for show and the cape and stuff can come off easily if forced, but it won't come off if I don't want it to. No getting sucked into heavy machinery for me!"

It was easier, talking about stupid things like that. Anything to do with the stage came to the Phantom easily, and he found himself being less of a mega dick when he talked about it. If only he could learn to be like that in any situation.

"You still haven't told me your name." he breathed in his normal voice, vaulting over a rooftop ledge and barely making it onto the next. A parkour expert would throw his hat down in disgust if he ever saw this kid.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 am

"Well at least you thought ahead when it comes to that stuff," Signal responded to Phantom. The nickname was... cute, she guesses, but considering the situation Mina Harker was in and comparing it to her own... Mina had it lucky. Very lucky.

In response to the Phantom's asking for her name, she responds, "Call me Signal."
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:21 am

Moving up to NYU now and closing in on the top of the library, Virtue does a final flip in the air and lands on the top of the building-hands touch ground and knees bend. Moving to straighten himself up, completely unburdened by the angelic beings weight, he shoves his hands on his hips and looks up into the night sky.

"Man, I hate this college."
Back to top Go down
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 am

Compactor is grumbling with irritation when she finally catches up to the angel and her friend on the NYU Library's rooftop. The pressure hero glared daggers at the man, moving to stand next to him with her arms folded over her chest, back hunched slightly.

"Yet you bring us here. Brilliant choice making."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 am

The angel gets down from Virtue's back, a little bit dizzy from all the flips. She is flushed and smiling and has a bit of trouble standing straight at first.

"Is it open?" She asks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 am

"At least 30 percent of the choices I make are brilliant. I mean, for a given value of brilliant. C'mon, really soft angel chick with the wings that I apparently think are really pretty, according to the things my head says."

The wings, by the way, not Seraphim herself. "Yes, voice. Good. You had me worried for a second." Moving forward to the door and putting his hands on his hips before bending over to look down at the large padlock-included is a 'DO NOT OPEN' sign-Virtue cheerfully replies:

"Doors are always open, depending on how hard you pull on them."

Moving his hand forward the the doorknob and bringing it back with his strength, the doorknob tears off, rather than the door itself.

"Man, fuck doorknobs."

Bringing his hands up and spraying the door with webbing before pulling it back and tearing the doors from their hinges, they quickly fly off into New York. A crashing and car alarms can be heard, which Virtue promptly chooses to ignore. I mean, he's a hero. Those car alarms were probably unrelated malfunctions that were the fault of car companies.
Back to top Go down
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 am

Compactor eyed the angel girl as Virtue went on one of his little spheels. Was she feeling a bit territorial at this point? Well, maybe a little bit. Of course, she wouldn't it admit it. Hell no. She obviously didn't care who the stupid spider kid was hanging out and flirting with. Not at all.

"Not from up here, it won't be open, but--"

She was cut off by the crashing sound and the car alarms, eyes widening before a groan of irritation escaped her lips.

"Damnit, Virtue! That's the second thing you've horribly broken this month. The dean isn't going to take shitty reasons much longer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 am

"Signal, eh? Catchy."

The Phantom of the Opera suddenly halted at the edge of the current roof without skidding. Jumping off of the side, he grabbed onto a pipe and slid down like he had done it a million times before (which he just might have). Before the metal rain pipe ended he leapt off and did a tuck and roll onto the brick ground. The Phantom brushed off his jacket and cape, waving the girl down.

"I always admired those one-worded super hero names."
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 am

Signal lowered herself so that her feet were just inches above the ground. "Thanks; I always thought it was catchy. Gotta stick with what's memorable. Yours is memorable, too! ...though Phantom by itself works just as fine; damn you move fast."

Signal began to sniff the air, focusing on the smell of his blood. "You smell human. Tip-top shape, though, that's nice. I kind of wonder why you're not more popular with the ladies." Her stomach growled again. 'Maybe... just a taste? I mean, it's not like he'd—'

He'll know, alright. And then? '...if he gives consent and I don't kill him, it's alright... right? Just a pint.' Oh that's where it starts, but where does it end? '...' Exactly.

"Surely, they'd recognize a man with... potential."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am

The angel steps into the library, guided by her own glow.

"Angel starts with A...So everything I need should be on the first shelf..." She goes to look and finds maps of the world and some dictionaries. "Err..." She spots a cabinet with many tiny drawers and a letter on each one.
"There's the A's!" She opens the drawer to find a bunch of cards. Flipping through and finding one marked "Angels-Mythology" she takes it out. The triumphant smile dies on her lips when she sees only gibberish numbers and letters on it.

"What the heck is this?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:07 am

Stepping over to her and leaning over her in order to look at the card she has in her hands, Virtue shakes his head and laughs at her angelic naivete.

"Silly but attractive angel, that's a bunch of random numbers on a paper underneath some words."

Being very pleased with himself in the interim of having said something he thought was intelligent and Compactor coming to beat him in the head with the nearest heavy object in a jealous rage, Virtue's "You are about to be beaten in the head by Compactor with the nearest heavy object because you have said something stupid" sense began to tingle.

Man, that sense was always tingling.
Back to top Go down
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 am

Compactor followed them down the stairs to the library, eyes narrowed as she glanced around. Well, at least it was empty. Still, it worried her a bit. Didn't wanna get caught.

The girl's eyes briefly moved to the cards the angel was holding, one brow raising loftily before she moved off to the section on the card. She took down the first few books on angels she could find.

Then, she heard what Virtue said. Her grip on the book she had in her hand tensed, armored fingers putting small dents in the book's cover. Oops. She stormed over to them again, moving to smack poor Virtue over the head with the book while speaking to the angel,

"That's the dewey decimal system. It's how we organize books. I found a few ones on angels over there. Put them on the table."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 am

Phantom grins once again. "Flattery will get you no where, Mina. Er, Signal." He laughed at his own slip of the tongue and started towards a time-worn shop. "I'm not what anyone would call a social bird. You could compare a great deal of my habits with the actual Phantom himself to be honest. Fitting title in the end."

The book shop was old and sun-bleached. The paint job obviously needed work with the peeling, faded lime colour and the borderline beige name: 'A NOVEL IDEA'. Yet the windows were clean and sparkled in the sun's light, showing off the old classics in the window.

The Phantom looked from the shop back to the vampire girl just in time to catch her staring through him almost. No, she was looking at him alright. Her intense gaze made him on edge.

"You feeling okay? You know, non-murderous and all that."
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:20 am

"Sorry. It's just, well... you smell great! I can't exactly deny it." Oh god, this was gonna get awkward again, wasn't it? "Maybe I'll drop by a blood bank later or something. Or assault a mobster manhandling an old lady. I dunno." Signal shrugged. She looked at the building. It was quite nice, and despite the time of the night and the moon now hidden behind clouds, she could still see the books on the display fine.

"So, how many horror books do you have in stock? And anything else pertaining to, um... my mythology?"
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 am

"Dewey decimal system...heehee!" The angel laughs at the silly sounding phrase and makes her way over to the books Com had indicated.

She plucks one from the shelf and opens it. The table of contents is filled with words both familiar and not. She decides to start on the first chapter, "Hierarchy of Angels." Most of the pictures look rather scary.

"The Seraphim" she reads out loud. She likes how the word sounds, a bit like a name. "I'm Seraphim." She likes that and, in lieu of a more official name, decides to make it hers.

She flips through the book more, not happy with what she reads at all. All the types of angels appear to be horrifying warriors with no mercy at all! Her flaming sword is mentioned along with other holy fire based powers. The angels in the book can turn into anything, hear anyone's thoughts, and are responsible for smiting those they deem evil.

Scared, Seraphim puts the book back and picks another. "Angel and Man" says the cover. This one explains the friendlier types of angels who help humans and bring out the good in everyone. She much prefers it to the other and tries to memorize as much as she can.

She compares the two books. What exactly, if she even is an angel, is she supposed to be doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:34 am

"Wait, fuck-"

Dodging to the left to avoid being hit with the book, Virtue shakes his head and jumps onto the wall behind him, hanging on it with his neat climbing powers.

"What'd I do?"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:36 am

Phantom blinked, staring at the girl. Then he smiled again, bringing back his amused expression. "I'll take that as a compliment, Mina." He had to admit, that was a pretty awesome nickname. He made a mental note to say it in a strong accent whenever possible.

"A crook sounds good though. You haven't even taken me out to dinner yet! Baby steps before whatever you vampires call first base, sweet tooth!"

The Phantom laughed at his own joke as he walked into the book store casually, as if he wasn't wearing a huge getup. He started flipping through the books in the 'On Sale' basket, and with his other free hand pointed to a sign labelled 'Mythology'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next