Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New York: New York City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom of the Opera

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Phantom watched them talk for a while longer, observing and noting the small things; expressions, twitches, and habits. Finally, as he was about to let them go off, his eyes widened.

Those angel wings were not fake.

It took a great deal of effort to not jump to conclusions, nor get lost in the fact that she had wings. He snapped out of it and decided that maybe, just maybe, it was time for this lone wolf to find a pack.

Silently, without stirring even a pebble, the Phantom of the Opera glided and jumped from perch to rooftop to chimney until he was on a windowsill. He smiled and stepped out of the darkness of the empty building on his perch.

"Sounds like you ladies need a hand." he spoke loud enough to give away his position. "I might have the kind of garment you just need, Wings."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://choriarty.tumblr.com
Seraphim

Hero Name: Seraphim
Alter Ego: Unknown
Main Power: Angelic Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:59 pm

The still unnamed angel whirls around and flies a little higher still, surprised by the presence of yet another person. So surprised in fact, that a large sword, blazing with holy fire, appears in her hand.

"Aaaaaa!" There's that freaked out little scream again. She promptly drops the sword and it disappears in a flash of light.

She stares at her hand in stunned silence, wondering once again what else she can do. Perhaps a book on angels and the mythology surrounding them would be useful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 pm

"I don't really know either, I was just... left here." Signal shrugged. "Guess we'll have to leave it to the locals."

She takes notice of the man wearing the fancy theater get-up and sets her shades down to her eyes again. Looking at the Phantom, she dryly states, "Nice costume, but uh, you missed Broadway by a couple of streets. Unless you're a super, in which case wow that's not weird and creepy at all."

Then a holy sword of fire appears in Seraphim's hand and Signal instinctively moves away, uttering an almost inaudible hiss. "Jeez, you could cook someone with that skewer!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 pm

"Sorry! Sorry! I really didn't know I could do that!" the girl effortlessly flies closer to the ground as she apologizes. She sure got the hang of the flying thing fast, especially considering there is someone on her back...is he even awake?

"Please, go on." She politely tells the newest addition to the list of odd people she has met today. He is so quiet and it is so dark outside of the area lit by her glow; she is unsure if he is even still there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 am

"'A super' eh? Is that what you- er, we're called these days? I guess I could say I'm a super hero, yeah." Phantom strokes an invisible beard as he mocks thinking on the subject of being a hero or not. His smile widens and the teen dramatically flares out his cape for effect.

"You have no idea how much I know of Broadway, Dracula." He turns towards the mysterious and flustered angel, bowing deeply and flashing a charming smile.

"Yeah. I can help with finding you a dress of some kind. I do live in the theatre, after all. You folks don't seem too bad for super heros. I might lend you some costumes... for a price."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 am

Moving closer so that the glow she emits lights up the phantom a bit more, the angel inspects him. She keeps her hands balled into fists at her sides, afraid that another sword will appear.

"A price? Money? Do you..do you know your way around this city well? Umm, I need to find a library too if you can help. I don't have any money and I don't want to use up my friend's but uh maybe I can pay some other way? I could maybe fly you somewhere? Or try heal something? Or...make some scary fire I guess..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 am

She gasped. "...Dracula? Excuse me?" Signal felt offended. "Comparing me to some... hairy-palmed, balding sperglord!"

For a price? That totally doesn't sound suspicious. Still, she could sense nothing negative upon commencing a sweep of his immediate thoughts. He sure did think about theater a lot, though. It really is his home. Or, it seems like it.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 am

The Phantom laughs at the angel girl's spirit and offer of money. "Hahaha! I don't want your stupid money, and a ride around town is pretty useless to me. With those frail wings I don't know if you could even lift me!"

His eyes dart to the angel's fists and takes a mental note. The aura and feeling those other chicks were giving off didn't really help either. The Phantom braces himself for something, cause you never know what the hell is gonna happen when you're dealing with 'supers' and the vampire girl put it.

"Nah. You can just say you owe me a favour. Trust me, I don't think anyone here wants to see that 'scary fire' of yours again any time soon. You know, unless you're fighting with us, that would be cool."

He flashed a small smile towards the vampire girl while he was at it. "Don't worry, miss, I meant a... 'hairy-palmed, balding sperglord' in the best way possible."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 am

"Frail?!" she doesn't know why she is insulted, but she is. "There's a spidery dude on my back!" she gives her wings a mighty flap and sends a very strong gust of wind towards Phantom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:38 am

A favor? That sounds even more suspicious. And considering how... kind this girl was, whatever favor this guy would have in mind...

"I'm sure you did," Signal replied in a exasperated tone. "So, what brings you to this part of the city anyhow? Patrolling? Looking for someone?" She kept vigilant of any changes in this man's thoughts hoping to get more of an idea of who exactly he is. "Maybe you need some... help?"
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin

Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:40 am

Waking up from his short nap in the amazingly soft hair of the angelic being he was riding, Virtue shakes his head and looks down at the Phantom as he does-well, whatever it is he's doing.

"Man, you're really bad at talking to...everyone. Like, you're managing to creep me out, and I'm literally just on this woman's back, right now. A nameless favor is, by far, the worst thing you could ever be indebted to anyone with-it's a blank check for anything."

Holding on tighter in his spidery way as she sends the gust of wind at Phantom, he shakes slightly.

"Yes, I am on your back. Your wings are very strong, and beautiful-were I into that sort of thing, your wings would definitely be number one on my list of really sexy feathered things. Please don't use them to...make me get off your back. I dislike falling long distances."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coniverse.forumotion.com
Compactor

Hero Name: Compactor
Alter Ego: Penelope Pressing
Main Power: Pressure Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 am

Jesus christ. They were attracting super heroes like flies to shit. It didn't help that Virtue had probably FALLEN ASLEEP on the angelic girl's back. God damnit. He really didn't help here.

Compactor shifted to face the newest addition. Jesus christ. The vampire was right. When did Broadway get here? At his offer to give her something for cash, her brows raised, eyes narrowing with distrust.

"Let's be honest here-- outfit isn't going to change much. You'll probably attract less attention if you seem like you're in costume. Virtue tries to buy food in costume all the time, so if we go somewhere we frequent, the people shouldn't be too surprised. And lemme tell you, buddy, she isn't weak. Virtue's practically asleep on her back right now, and he's a full grown man."

Even if he didn't act like it. At Virtue's bleeding to not be knocked off the angel's back, however, she snickered, smirking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 am

The angel blushes and goes quiet in response to the compliments.

"I won't! I promise! But umm make sure you hold on tight please so you don't fall." She manages to blurt out. "Are we going to go with this guy? I..I'd really like a way to hide and some books on angels and maybe some food if that's not too much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:55 am

Virtue finally woke up and told that guy precisely what she didn't want to say. Good to know someone else was on top of that issue already.

"...really? You guys go out to eat in costume? I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the notion, but..." It was... difficult to understand, especially since they seemed to be keeping up a consistent super identity while Signal was just... Signal. An alias. Nothing to worry about.

"...well, there may be a way to make the Broadway thing work. We just gotta make it appear that Nadia's wings are very well-made animatronics. Also, is there even a bookstore open at this time?"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:00 am

The Phantom raised his hands mockingly at the gust of wind and dug his heels in without effort. His smile didn't fade as he continued talking.

"Look here, I'm not some random ass creep like I look. I just want some sort of guarantee that you'll be there if and when I ever need help. A small favour, you know? You all can get your heads out of the gutter."

His eyebrows furrow at all the sudden complaints directed at him and his smile falters. So much for making friends today, Calvin. Your mouth just never stops moving in the wrong direction, does it? Regaining his composure, The Phantom brushes off his suit and smiles as if he never heard all those criticisms.

He was about to make a jab at that spider kid being the only male here other than him, but he managed to zip his mouth. "Yeah, there's one book store open at this time. One of those small family shops. I'll take you, pretty lady. Just don't call me 'Broadway' no more. My name's Phantom of the Opera, if you had half a brain anyone could figure that one out."

STUPID STUPID STUPID why can't you just keep your mouth shut?
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:04 am

Continuing to ride atop the glorious...literal personification of glory, Virtue shrugs and looks down over everyone, clinging closer to Seraphim.

"Don't worry about that; climbing stuff is...well, I'm good at it. Y'know, superpowers help, but I'm also just naturally good at it. I was climbing trees as a kid, then hopping from those trees into other, harder to climb trees. And yeah, of course I go out to eat in costume-last time I tried going out to eat naked, they yelled at me about laws. Really, refusing to serve me just because I'm in this thing is discrimination, and I won't stand for it."

Bringing a hand up to gently rub Seraphim's wings, Virtue frowns beneath his mask.

"These are pretty well made wings to be animatronic; trust me, I know absolutely nothing on this subject. Really, metahumans aren't rare enough that anything should come of it. We'll just say she's a superhero. And you, Fancy-guy, are kinda creepy. Wing...girl, don't trust him; I say this as the man currently holding onto you, so you know you can trust my word. I know plenty of...book...places. Yeah, those. Wait, College library; yes, good, Virtue. You're a genius of some sort-I think it was...biology. Maybe cake eating? Who knows."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 am

The angel brightens and claps her hands in delight.
"A phantom! So you're a ghost? When you died did you see any sort of God of any kind?? Did he say anything? Were there angels? Did they look like me? Aaah, sorry for all the questions!" She doesn't seem familiar with the works of Gaston Leroux at all, either from amnesia or from not being from the earthly plane.

"N-naked?!" Her blush comes back full force. "umm BOOKS! YES PLEASE!"

Last edited by Seraphim on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 am

Signal chuckled. "I didn't call you Broadway, I meant that there could be a way to make it look like Nadia here's wearing a costume. A damn good one, even. As for that... remark... I don't keep up with theater and I don't watch much movies. Don't know about the others, though." She swept his mind again; not a trace of anything that could be taken or interpreted as negative or even slightly creepy. "...I'll trust you for now, 'Phantom,' but if you try to pull the wool over my eyes you'll be sorry you did."

Signal walked towards and then off the edge of the building, again appearing to stand in mid-air. Same-looking buildings for as far as she can see until she saw the busier part of the city or she saw, well, other places. She switches her stance from standing to sitting, one leg crossed over the other and appearing to be sitting back comfortably on something. "Well, whenever you guys're ready. I'm just gonna chill."
Back to top Go down
Compactor

Hero Name: Compactor
Alter Ego: Penelope Pressing
Main Power: Pressure Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 am

Compactor couldn't help but smirk as the guy gave his name. Phantom of the Opera. Yeah, superheroes WERE cliche. It's okay, though. Her name wasn't much better, honestly. It was practically a pun.

At Virtue's comments, the pressure hero rolled her eyes, sniggering to herself.

"Get off the poor girl's back, Virtue. You can carry yourself, and no-- I don't care how comfortable it is. Off."

Christ, she was like his mother sometimes.

"Phantom of the Opera is one of Broadway's most famous musicals. Makes sense that a theatre buff would use that for a name. As long as you don't start anything, you can come along."

She'd look to Virtue next, cocking her head to the side in thought. "...Library might be a bad idea. The bistro should be open. You've gotten stuff there in costume before."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 am

Nah, it didn't hurt when that dude said he couldn't be trusted. Hell, Phantom didn't think he'd trust him either. Some stranger running around in a famous icon's costume, pff.

"Ouch. That hurt. Look, you can freely decided whether or not you want to trust me bu-" he was suddenly cut off by the angel girl.

"Woah woah woah! I'm not a ghost or a real phantom. That's my name. You could say I haunt an opera house but that's it." He sighed and wiped his face, replacing the expression with a somewhat more serious one.

"Just hear me out. I'm offering you equipment to use and a nice book store to look at. I know the folks cause I helped them before and they don't hate super powered freaks. Pretty much the whole neighbourhood surrounding the theatre is familiar with me so its safe. If you don't want my gifts, fine. All I wanted in exchange was some team mates or some shit."

The Phantom purposely back flipped like a show off onto the adjacent building and landed without a sound. "Lady, if you want the book shop follow me." he was about to jump to another platform when he whipped back around "And I am NOT being sappy!" the Phantom hissed.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 am

"Nah, I won't," Signal rather casually shouted. "I, uh... I learned a very good lesson as to why starting chaos is bad." She rubs her right shoulder. The physical pain was gone, but the emotional pain is still there.

"Let's just say I have a very assertive mentor."

...a theater buff, huh? Kinda... nerdy? She isn't in a position to judge, though, far from it.

That, and... honestly, she wasn't all that hungry now. Or was she ever hungry for foodstuffs in the first place?

"I need to do a bit of... studying myself, actually. Hey Phantom, wait up." Signal tailed the Phantom, hoping to perhaps learn more about her weaknesses and strengths through books. Yes, the internet is useful, but it's also full of trash to sift through and an internet café is only open for so long. At least books were a little more reliable.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 am

Moving himself up on Seraphim's back and attempting to pull himself in front of her, he'd bring his hands back to wrap her arms around him.

"Alright, library time! Now you get to be on my back-I, uh. Don't ask why I can't just give you directions, just stop flying so I can swing around." The actual reason he can't give directions is because Virtue has no idea where the fuck anything is unless he's actually going there.

"Following creepy guys who aren't named Virtue has never ended well for anyone, and that guy is named Fantomex Operator, I think. That's at least several letters different from Virtue. C'mon, swinging is fun; I go really fast, and also there are webs."

Bringing a hand up against his mouth as the Phantom yells back about how sappy he's being, Virtue simply replies: "Yes you are!"
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:30 am

Seeming embarrassed by her mistake, the angel moves to follow the Phantom but stops, deciding to trust the man on her back who hadn't called her a "super powered freak."

"Bye! It was nice to meet you..." She waves shyly to Phantom and Signal.

She dutifully lands and waits for Virtue to get off of her. She tries to tuck in her wings as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:33 am

Instead of getting off of her, he simply pushes up against her from the front and picks her up-before running towards the edge of the building and hopping off, shooting out a web at the nearest building and beginning to swing towards New York University's library, horrifyingly acrobatic.

"See? This is fun, right? Really, I honestly can't tell."
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 am

Signal turns around, still tailing the guy in the cheesy outfit, and watches Virtue web-sling while holding the angel in his arm with a look of interest. The man certainly had a... a charm to him. Class, even.

Unlike Phantom.

But maybe that was just her own biases.

"So, Phantom. If you wanted team mates... why didn't you just ask? There's plenty of rogue heroes somewhere looking for a partner or a group to team up with. These days, after Justice's death, lots of 'em feel, well, safer in numbers."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: