/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York: New York City

Go down 
+14
Sugar Shock
The Conductor
Sena
Leukocyte
Beta Boy
Fenrir
Lilith
Phantom of the Opera
Ottswald
Seraphim
Signal
Virtue
Compactor
Synapse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
The Conductor

The Conductor

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: The Conductor
Alter Ego: Issac Damrosch
Main Power: Power Echo

New York: New York City - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 am

Your face drops. Oh. Rather disappointing.

Oh well, perhaps whatever is downstairs will give you a lead. Worth a shot anyway.

Just as you turn to leave you he mentions that he might be willing to assist - ah, that's more like it.

"While I'm humbled by your offer for assistance, I couldn't let you actually try to combat them. They're rather... adept at taking care of badges like you. However, if you'd like to help me locate them I would be very appreciative indeed."

Again with the pacing. You really need to try to stop doing that.

"As far as what they're like, well... how's about I just give you the condensed version? We both have places to be and I'd rather not waste either of our time."

You turn to face the officer slowly, with a solemn look upon your face.

"The Licht are a very old society of German aristocrats, politicians, and people of influence and power. Their ultimate goal is, of course, yet more power - their means of achieving it, however, lie with me."

You raise your baton, lazily twirling it in the air in front of you.

"You see this simple ivory baton is anything but - it doesn't just glow for cheap party tricks. It's an artifact of great power, and it's part of a set. Unfortunately they possess the other half of this set. Should they get their hands on both, well, let's just say it's not going to be a great day for anybody."

"For quite a long while we've been hunting each other down, tracking each other, and ultimately attempting to regain the other half of this set. For the most part I've succeeded - their ranks have been obliterated, and all that truly remains is their core leadership. I nearly had them too, but some... particularly unlucky circumstances prevented me from taking them out as well."

You begin pacing around the cop again.

"That is who I hunt today. They've escaped to the United States, hoping that if they make haste they might be able to go into hiding before I find them again. From what I can tell they're hidden somewhere in this city, and finding them quickly is my absolute priority."

Turning to face him again, you hold out a gloved hand.

"So, officer, what'll it be? Do you feel like assisting me or not?"
Back to top Go down
http://admiralpalindrome.tumblr.com
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 am

Oh god that ramble was taking forever. The Phantom was going to get OLD sitting in the rafters and watching these two idiots. He watched from above, having had plenty of time to climb up there. He didn't need the time, after all he had spent his whole life doing that. Still.

Sweet christmas he was pacing again. That 'Conductor' guy made The Phantom tired just looking at him. Groaning to himself, he chucked a small rock down towards the back of The Conductor's head.

"Oh my god, will you two assholes get a room? Preferably far away from my theatre, thank you. And you! The one with a fairy wand! Shut up! You drone on like a school teacher, I swear!"
Back to top Go down
http://choriarty.tumblr.com
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 am

You're kind of just being left hanging here, awkwardly holding your hand out for a shake as the cop is deciding whether or not he wants to help you. He certainly takes his sweet time making up his mind.

Suddenly a wild stone appears, gliding straight for the back of your skull.

*THWACK*

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK?!"

You whip around and spot a figure perched up in the rafters above the stage. Of course it isn't hard to spot someone who's shouting insults at you.

Wow, this guy is a dick.

"Yeah, real mature buddy. You want to start something, come down here. Otherwise, go back to the playpen while the adults conduct some real business."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:43 am

"Hey! I'm the same age as you, jerk!" The Phantom barked from the rafters. "And it isn't my fault you didn't dodge the rock! Get out of my opera house!"

He flips the bird at The Conductor, sticking out his tongue while he's at it. "I'm fucking tired of people breaking in! Take your stupid pretty princess wand, and your totally-not-as-cool-as-you-think pun, and get out of my house!" The Phantom put his rude gesture away.

"No offence to you, officer."
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 am

"Hardly! I've got at least ten years on you, shrimp."

You rub the back of your head. Christ, what the fuck did the kid throw at you? A brick?

"As far as breaking in is concerned, excuse me for walking into a seemingly abandoned building. Also, knock it off with the punk routine - yeah I get it, you're mad, fantastic we're very proud of you."

You begin walking toward the elevator shaft, pretty much ignoring the douche's entire shpeal.

"Now, I came here to investigate this building, and that is what I intend to do. Honestly I could not give the remotest flying fuck if this is your house or not, I need a lead and right now this place is my best bet. So if you'd excuse me, I'll be off."

You saunter down the corridor, feeling pretty smug about telling the kid off. Which won't backfire on you in any way whatsoever. Nope. Not a chance.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:59 am

"Huh. Could've sworn you were like 20-somethin. Must be the fact that you're toting around a fucking fairy princess wand. Just melts off the years doesn't it?"

The guy just kept on fucking going didn't he? "This lace doesn't have any shitty Nazis in it you douche bag, get it in your head!" The Phantom leapt from one beam to another, grabbing a solid rope and swinging down.

"LEAVE THIS PLACE!" he cried as he let go and aimed a flying kick towards the man's back.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:08 am

Sigh. Just ignore the comments and keep walking. It's not like the punk's actually gonna DO anything.

Suddenly you hear a very melodramatic screech erupt from behind you.

Oh, god damnit.

You spin to the side, just barely evading the guy as his foot flies past your face.

"Well now, I can't say I actually expected you to fight."

You holster your baton - it isn't particularly necessary for fisticuffs.

"Are you sure you want to do this pal? All I'm doing is taking a quick peek - I promise not to move a single doily."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 am

The Phantom couldn't say that he didn't expect the dodge. If the guy didn't, then he would be disappointed to be honest. His peak human reflexes came in handy at this point.

The Phantom flew straight past The Conductor and braced himself on the wall once behind him. Right before he sprung back out from his position, he grinned. He launched himself off the wall in a second and flew at the man's waist, planning on tackling him to the ground.

"Poor fool, he makes me laugh!" The Phantom sang.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:34 am

Oh, fuck me.

You drop to the ground to avoid the tackle, but it's just a hair too late - he catches your arm as you fall, which sends you into an old barrel nearby.

You recover quickly, however, and stand up.

"Oh well, suit yourself. Of course, what's a good fight without a little music, hmm?"

You press the button hidden in one of your cufflinks, activating your suit's stereo. Ah, that's better. Classes the place up a little bit. ((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6QknAOsVo))

"Wham, bam, alakazam!"

You say perfectly in time with the song, and toss a good uppercut his way.

Last edited by The Conductor on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 am

Ok, the music might have caught The Phantom a bit off guard. However he regained his senses quickly and dodged the swing like it was nothing. "You kidding? Nat King Cole?"

The Phantom grinned widely, with a crazed look in his eye. "I love this guy!" Then he got down on the ground and attempted to take The Conductor's legs out with a kick.

"If you needed music to set the mood you could have just said so. 'One look and I yell timber!'" he sang loudly along with the sudden music.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:52 am

You're surprised he managed to dodge that - not many do. Not impressed in the slightest, but still. Not bad.

"Well then I applaud you on having good taste."

You leap into the air, placing your hands on his shoulders to vault over him. Carrying that momentum, you flip the kid, sending him into the air - singing along with the music the whole while.

"Watch out for flying glass!"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:49 pm

The Phantom twisted himself in the air and flared out his cape dramatically, grinning all the while. In a second, he whipped out the noose from his belt and threw it at The Conductor, aiming for his neck.

The thing wouldn't kill him, choke him maybe. At most it would give The Phantom an anchor. He had no plans on killing anyone tonight or in the future. After all, what could a rope do to a guy with a magic wand?

"'I went into a spin and I started to shout!'" The Phantom sang, smiling.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Oy, what a ham. Of course he has to show you up with his stupid cape.

Who's the showman here? That's right - you.

You see him reach for something on his side. Oh, brilliant. Sorry junior, you just made your first mistake.

You duck, spin on your heel, and snatch the end of the noose just as it zips past your head, directing your momentum to carry him into your spin.

"I've been hit, this is it, this is it!"
Back to top Go down
Sugar Shock

Sugar Shock

Hero Name: Sugar Shock
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Sugar Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Sugar Shock peers into the museum window. It's dark! Why does everything have to be closed? She circles the building and finds a back door and slips in after ruining the lock. No alarm goes off so it is either silent or someone has been very careless.

Papers, papers, how boring! Sugar is unaware that swiping these papers could probably net her a small fortune and passes them by. She enters the public part of the museum and lights up. There's so much stuff! Shiny things and wax people and animals galore! She swipes the top hat off of the fake Abe Lincoln and puts it on her own head proudly. Lookin good!

Continuing to explore, she finally finds what she is most excited to see. The huge T-Rex skeleton! She gently puts a hand on it, still tingling with her overload of power. Last time turning something that wasn't candy into candy helped a lot...and this T-Rex isn't even Zealot's so he won't mind! She decides to do the city a favour and turn these crusty old bones into yummy peanut brittle!

She pours the sugar magic from her body into the bones, trying to draw out any sugar that may be in them as well. When done, she's more tired than expected. It's no bedtime story but maybe if she really needs to sleep again soon this could be an option.

She coaxes her dinosaur friend over to the front doors, newly renovated to be big enough to fit a dinosaur through. The doors open easily from the inside and Sugar, now perched on the T-Rex's head has it head for the road and...stops. There's a red light after all and she had told Zel she would be good.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

He was expecting that. If the guy didn't grab his rope then he would have been disappointed. The Phantom was disappointed anyways, but that was besides the point.

"'I-T it!'" The Phantom barked as he hung onto the rope and used The Conductor's spin to give himself speed.

He grabbed the noose with his other hand and jerked himself forward on the momentum, and showed off a toothy grin as he sped towards The Conductor. The Phantom quickly aimed his skull level with the other guy's and sped onwards towards a headbutt to The Conductor's forehead.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Ha, the kid's finished now. All you have to do is let him go and he'll be knocked out cold- wait, what's he smiling about?

Oh, shit.

Suddenly you've got a facefull of Phantom, your heads colliding with a sharp crack, sending you both careening into a nearby stack of crates.

Rubbing your forehead, you slowly sit up, and take a look at the kid. Well, he's down for the count - knocked him clean out.

"Now, alakazam and goodbye!"

You sing as the song draws to a close, and begin to stand.

Unfortunately this disrupts the crate stack even more, sending the large one on top on a collision course with your head.

*THUMP*

Welp. Looks like you're out cold too now, smart one.

Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Leukocyte

Leukocyte

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Officer Luke Ramirez
Main Power: Peak Human Healing

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:20 am

The fight had been quick. Luke ran over and checked on the two young ones; they were fine, if a bit scuffed up. They might have concussions He sighed and face-palmed. The two kids had managed to knock themselves out, and he was stuck with them now. His commlink crackled to life.

"211S at the Museum of Natural history."

Another burglary? Well, at least it was something exciting and not a blood-bank. Still, what to do with those two kids?

Luke hand cuffed them both and propped them up against the wall. He got some ice from his car, wrapped it in two separate towels and place them on their heads. Luke then tried to wake them up.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

The Phantom woke to a groggy head and a spinning room. He blinked a couple of times and tried to readjust himself to the world. He had to admit that he didn't expect to get knocked out cold. The fact that he had been up all night had not helped.

Telling himself that he would have survived that ordeal if he got some sleep before, he attempted to stand up while the room was still moving. Bad idea bad idea.

The Phantom grunted and managed to crouch before he fell onto his side and onto the body beside him. Eyes finally used to reality and head less in pain, he saw that it was The Conductor.

He also noticed that he was cuffed and that cop was in front of him. Tony here wasn't going to wake up yet, so he might as well chat up the only other person.

"Heh, might as well ask the name of the guy handcuffing me while I'm asleep. Never knew you were into that kind of thing, officer." The Phantom grinned.
Back to top Go down
Leukocyte

Leukocyte

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 am

"Very funny. I just didn't want you two wrecking each other more. And I told you, name's Luke. How are you feeling? You may have a concussion, so you'd best take this acetaminophen and hold that ice to your head."

Luke handed the kid some generic acetaminophen pills and a water bottle.

"There's been a robbery at the museum. I should check it out, but I can't just leave the two of you if you're injured badly. Also, I can't just leave you two if you're going to injury each other more."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

The Phantom laughed weakly, still feeling weird. "I don't know about you, Luke, but I don't have super powers. Contrary to popular belief I cannot hold this ice to my head while my hands are cuffed behind me."

He beamed at Luke and proceeded to move his arms below him, eventually getting his hands in front of him. He took the ice pack and held it to his head awkwardly. "That's better."

The Phantom of the Opera gave the officer a sly grin. "Not any officer would just waltz in here. You're different, aren't you? Oh, and don't worry. Me and this asshole won't fight again. Mmm probably."
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:50 am

...ugh. The fuck happened? You feel like the back of your skull's been hit by a freight train. With spikes. That's on fire.

Slowly you begin to come to, and attempt to rub your temples to sooth your awful migraine. Of course it's totally in vain, because in doing so you realize that you're hands are cuffed behind your back.

Oh, beautiful.

On further inspection you also notice that the Phantom is currently sprawled across your lap, talking to Mr. Car 52 over here.

"*Groan* Okay. A couple of things. Firstly, I'd like these handcuffs off. Second, why is there a dripping mass of ice pooling in my lap. And third, would you be so kind as to GET THE HELL OFF OF ME?"
Back to top Go down
Leukocyte

Leukocyte

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:28 am

"A slight oversight on my part." Luke said as he uncuffs Phantom. "I'm trusting you on the 'no fighting' bit. When Baton Boy here wakes up, make sure he takes some of those pills and uses the second ice pack. It'll help the swelling. If he starts throwing up or is knocked out for more than a minute, get him to a hospital."

Luke stands back up. "You're right, I'm not an ordinary cop. But I don't have superpowers, either. Not really. Let's just say that I'm really good at what I do, and I have a few tricks up my sleeve."

Conductor wakes up. Luke uncuffs him, "Hey, you might have a concussion. So you'd best put that ice pack to your head and take some acetaminophen. No more fighting between the two of you, okay? No use in injuring yourselves more. And I'll help you take down that syndicate. But no killing, just arrests."

Running into his Charger, Luke starts it up and speeds towards the museum, siren blazing.
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:39 am

You stand up and regain your bearings as Luke uncuffs you.

"Thanks. Though I can't promise anything about the killing bit, sorry pal."

Suddenly he runs off. Why? Oy, who knows. Right now all you're really concerned with is checking yourself for any serious injuries.

You walk over to a pile of shattered glass nearby, and activate your suit's floodlight. Okay good, your pupils are dilating just fine. No concussion. You decide to take the medicine he gave you anyway, hoping it's got some manner of painkilling effect. Christ, you haven't had a headache this bad in a long while.

Speaking of headaches, you should probably go talk to the Phantom. He was awake longer than you, and as annoying as he is hopefully he heard where that cop ran off to.

"Hey, Phantom guy. Do you have any idea where the bobby skirted off to?"
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 am

"A museum er something." The Phantom shrugged. "I don't care. Probably a petty crime or something, plus, I won't be of any help to them right now. Neither will you, bone head."

He rubbed his wrists and then his forehead. He could already feel the lump forming, and the blood rushing to that spot made it warmer. He moaned and picked up the end of the noose on the ground closest to him. In a second, he whipped it towards himself and twirled it into an adequate enough shape to hook onto his belt.

The Phantom got up and staggered. The world took another turn sideways and he had to brace himself on a wall. Quickly he fixed himself and pretended that never happened. Okay, this injury was not from knocking skulls with that dick.

He must have landed on the floor badly. The Phantom quietly swiped the skin behind his mask above his hairline and frowned. Blood. Not good. Probably a bad head injury. He had to get this guy out so he could go back downstairs and fix himself up.

"Actually, you might be fit enough to help him. Maybe you'll find a lead to your Nazi friends? You should go after him."
Back to top Go down
The Conductor

The Conductor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 am

"Museum eh? Alright if that's all you have to go on I suppose I can make it work."

Wait, the kid doesn't look so good, he's stumbling about and- yeah he's bleeding. Oh, just lovely.

You almost begin to feel bad, but right now more important things are going on than feelings, so you shut that thought process down right quick and in a hurry.

"Hey, Phantom, are you going to be alright? I can take you to a hospital if you need it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next