/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York: New York City

Go down 
+14
Sugar Shock
The Conductor
Sena
Leukocyte
Beta Boy
Fenrir
Lilith
Phantom of the Opera
Ottswald
Seraphim
Signal
Virtue
Compactor
Synapse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Seraphim

Seraphim

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Seraphim
Alter Ego: Unknown
Main Power: Angelic Physiology

New York: New York City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 am

"Yes yes of course probably not an angel, just a mutation, no worries..." The girl tries to convince herself. She fidgets, too shy to say anything about the man on her back or these other strangers.

"Oh my gosh!" she cries when she sees Signal's knocked out body. She rushes forward to see if Signal is alright, healing power surging forward unbidden. Seeing her hands glow, she starts up again with the freak out.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawhatdidIdoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:50 am

Signal wakes up and realizes that she feels... pain?

Now she remembers. An angel just rammed into her. And right now, she's trying to "heal" her. And what, exactly, did healing spells do to the undead?

Exactly.

"NYAAAAAAAAAAGH!!" Signal cries as she fully wakes up and pulls herself away from the angel, staying at least a yard from her. She was about thiiiis close to crying "ANGEL BAD, ANGEL BAD" but thankfully she didn't. She sure did scream it in her head, though.

Hearing the guy in the body suit say that she probably wasn't an angel, Signal couldn't help but disagree: "Like hell she isn't an angel. That at least explains the stench. God, it's like she sweats holy water or something...!"
Back to top Go down
http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 am

Continuing to cling to her back because...well, fuck, that was a good part of his powerset and he wasn't gonna just let it go to waste, Virtue shrugs.

"I think everyone would be better off with an egotistical spider-based hero on their back. I mean, just generally speaking. Also, sweating holy waters? Do angels sweat? Wait, do spiders sweat?"

Thinking about the topic for a moment, he realizes that he should probably know that-I mean, he is a biology major.

"Either way, Angie and...Pale, you'll both be fi-"

Oh, yeah. Spiders don't have sweat glands. Neat.
Back to top Go down
https://coniverse.forumotion.com
Compactor

Compactor

Hero Name: Compactor
Alter Ego: Penelope Pressing
Main Power: Pressure Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:02 am

Compactor let out an irritated sigh, massaging her temples as she listened to Virtue go on. Yep. This would be a long night patrol.

Quickly, the pressure hero focused her attention on the pale girl, eyes narrowing as she approached her.

"Your reaction to the angel's powers-- You're not human, are you?"

Yes, that had to be it.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 am

The girl shoves her glowing hands behind her back, possibly giving Virtue a power boost in the process.
"I'm sorry!" she apologizes to Signal, sensing she had hurt her somehow. "I-" she stops suddenly, glowing eyes widening. "You're bigger than me how am I carrying you? Oh gosh, are angels super strong?? Is it a strength mutation?? What the heck else can I do oh gosh what if I hurt someone! It is NOT going to be fine!!"

She makes a pathetic whimpering sound when Compactor says the word "angel."
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:09 am

"Eheheheh. An angel and a... uh..."

Uh oh. If one could see behind her teashades, her (slitted) eyeballs were frantically looking at spot to spot in hopes of an answer that won't get her killed OR calling for Zealot.

If Signal revealed, right here and then, that she was a vampire... what would they do? Probably goad the angel to smite her in the name of justice or God or whatever (the angel herself didn't believe in God, which was weeeeird but in her favor, hopefully). They probably figured out that she either did NOT like angels or, worse case scenario, figured out that she was at least undead.

Which was what that redhead in the suit pretty much said.

She panicked. "Let's just say I can't get along with angels. I'm, uh... um, what was it... a Shintoist! Yes, that's it! God hates my naturalistic practices and animalism values and has cursed me to forever burn when in contact with or near angels. Thus, I can't be friends with her. At all. Sorry. Wish I could. Gotta go pray to Amaterasu, maybe she can help me lift my curse." Signal shrugs and does the flying equivalent of backing away slowly.

Signal then realizes the irony in what she just said, uttering a tiny giggle.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:13 am

His powers of clinging amplified some number that's probably not very high-fold, Virtue continues his act of staying on her back as easily as he would sit down on a chair. Bringing a hand up to pat her on the shoulder, he shakes his head.

"Yeah, you're probably superstrong. People can be that, don't worry about it. I'll make sure you don't hurt anyone, alright? It'll be okay. Just calm down. Your back is really comfortable, by the way; maybe it's the wings, or the hair, but this is basically just laying on a cloud."
Back to top Go down
Compactor

Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:21 am

Honestly, Compactor wasn't buying the nervous girl's story. A Shintoist, eh? Shintoist my ass. The pressure hero narrowed her eyes, taking another step towards the girl.

"Right. A Shintoist. Never heard that one in the Bible. What are you, really?"

Honestly, she was mainly asking out of curiousity. She wanted to know. Angels weren't known to burn many things. Only demonic creatures. Did that mean...? She didn't look like a demon. This was strange.

For now, Virtue was relatively ignored, Compactor's focus caught on the undead girl.
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:27 am

The angel laughs lightly at Virtue's antics, feeling somewhat comforted. The sound is beautiful.

"I just don't know what I'm going to do." She sounds resigned, relaxed, and amused all at once. She turns her attention to Signal again, another apology dying on her lips as she sees what looks to be shaping up to be a confrontation.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:30 am

Panicking again, Signal's shaky voice almost immediately loops back into a straight-faced, stoic-voiced response: "A superhero with a curse. It turns out I'm a distant descendent of Cain and that mark has NOT gone away."

Signal damn well knows what that mark means, and... she does kinda deserve it. And she DOES have a curse. And isn't there a branch of mythology or some story that says vampires are descended from Cain? She really needs to read more books once she heads to the nearest library.

But by saying what Signal did, and using the logic she used... she pretty much outed herself as a vampire. Fuck.

"...oh boy." Signal backs away a little faster.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:36 am

Moving himself back and bending backwards, slightly, to look behind him he ponders for a moment.

"You could...I don't know. Are you hungry? We could probably go eat...something. What do angels eat?"

Moving back up and pushing himself up to look over her head and at Signal, he glances over her clothing-attempting to take in any odd accoutrements or attributes thereon.
Back to top Go down
Compactor

Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 am

The pressure hero felt her brows raise at the girl's response before her eyes narrowed again.

"Mark of Cain, eh?"

She mumbled, thoughts flying through her head as her eyes darted over the girl's body. Then, it hit her. Pale skin, out at night, takes pain from holy magics and beings.

"Undead. You're undead."

Compactor said softly, staring wide-eyed at the girl before cocking her head to the side.

"You could've just said so. I don't have a real problem with it. What do you think, Virtue?"
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 am

"I...don't know. I don't know anything about angels or myself..." She thinks for a moment. "Spaghetti? I can't remember if I like that. I can't remember how I know what that is." The still unnamed angel fluffs up her feathers in mild frustration.

She seems unwilling to take her eyes off of Signal and Compactor. Undead? What?
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 am

"I could actually go for some pasta right now. Ravioli, even." Signal's stomach rumbled, followed shortly by the involuntary flaring of her nose.

The blood of this group... the angel's was probably delicious if incredibly toxic so that's a no. The guy in the white suit has a... similar blood smell to Zealot's. Very off, no way to particularly pinpoint why. Compactor's? B+, just like her own.

...no. You can hold off this hunger, Signal, you're still at least 3/4 full.

"...yeah. Pasta." Signal tried to smile. Not only was it awkward, but her full-tooth smile revealed her now slightly-longer-than-before fangs.
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 am

Staying on her back despite the fact that he is just...generally larger than her, Virtue shrugs and looks down at Signal. Smiling as the angel frustratedly ruffles his feathers, he shakes his head and stares into her mouth, nodding.

"Don't worry about it, Adnachiel. Oh. You're a vampire. Yeah, lack of sun tends to have bad effects on the skin; though, I guess you could get a hell of a tan, if you wanted to."

Patting her on the back and looking up into the sky, Virtue begins thinking...thinking. Hm.

"Yeah, spaghetti is good; probably murder on the white outfit, but I'm up for it."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am

The angel fully spreads her massive wings and lifts herself (and Virtue) off the ground. She bobs up and down relatively in the same spot as she flaps her wings to stay airborne.

"Ummm...how are we going to get pasta without attracting attention?" she assumes one of these more experienced and worldly heroes will know.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:18 am

...wow, they're actually cool with her being a vampire! Signal sighs with relief. She doesn't need to breathe and therefore sighing is useless, but it works when emoting.

"Well, at least I don't feel like I'm gonna get hunted down... so, um, yeah. Thanks for not doing what I had expected you guys to do. Especially the angel. By the way..."

Signal then turns to face the guy in the—, no, you heard the lady, his name's 'Virtue.'

"How are we gonna get an angel into a fancy restaurant and not get her to panic? I'd imagine with wings like those—no offense, miss—it takes just one thing to provoke her and FLAP FLAP FLAP and then spaghetti on your nice white... outfit." In reply to the angel (Signal keeps a mental note of shortening down her 'name' to Nadia): "See? She gets what I'm talking about."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am

The angel gives Signal a soft smile. "I'd never hurt anybody! I'm really sorry about the glowing hands thing...and for having big wings that might mess up food plans..."
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin
Virtue

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 am

Continuing to stay clamped onto Seraphim as she lifts herself into the air, Virtue shrugs and looks out over the city. Man, Seraph's hair is soft.

"It is, voice. Pretty big wings, too-not that I have any...wing envy, or anything. As for getting it without getting attention, it's easy. You just put on normal clothes, then go...get it. I mean, I've never found it hard-except for those times where the guy speaks Italian and only Italian, and you just have no idea what to say to them to actually get it, so you end up in this huge shouting match that ends with you just throwing a hog's head through a window."

Not seeming embarrassed at all by his stupid non-sequitor, Virtue leans into Seraphim's hair.

"Really, we just need to get her a change of clothes and keep her calm. Simple enough, right?"
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:33 am

"I... guess. That, and how are we gonna find a local restaurant open at this—...right, different times and all. Gosh, I am REALLY not familiar with this city..." Signal shrugs. She lands, confident that she wouldn't be chased away for any reason, and walks to the edge to look around. "And if you guys need money, I still have some left. Thrift store binging is surprisingly light on the wallet. Couldn't be hard to find a mom and pop place."

Signal lifts her teashades, placing them back on her head. She misses her goggles; they were so much cooler, especially with the yellow lenses, but yellow on teashades look terrible (or really, any color that isn't black or clear). She wonders if she can quickly fly back to the Eagleopolis site, maybe search for her goggles there.

...Nah. She'd probably attract unwanted trouble.

"...Moon's out tonight. Waxing gibbous. Nice."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 am

The angel tilts her head, unsure of what anyone is talking about.

"Umm..excuse me..Uh..I'm sorry but I don't know where to get clothes or how to hide my wings...sorry."

She feels useless and confused and just wants to eat and go home, wherever that may be. The thought of not having a safe place to go seems to frighten her and she fidgets with her dress/robe, considering bringing her fears up to her companions.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 am

"I'm sure the store I got some of this stuff I'm wearing is still open. I mean, I'm also sure people wouldn't screw around with a girl that practically emits holy light if she really wants to, and I don't think this city messes with supers much."

Signal turns around and faces Seraphim, then reaching into her back pocket (also mindful of keeping her distance). She pulls out a couple of $20 bills and some $10s. Amazing that she didn't get pick-pocketed at this time. "We can go with the very casual shirt and pants or we can do modest with a dress and... hmm, either way those wings'll draw too much attention to you even if you do stay calm. That, and I'm sure the religious fanatics will be ecstatic to see that one of 'God's messengers' has finally decided to grace their planet. So, uh, be mindful of that."

Signal suddenly reaches to her lower right hip, near one of the 'plates' of her belt, as if in a knee-jerk reaction. She had a bad experience with a really preachy old lady once while wandering around. That cross mark would never be gone.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

Phantom of the Opera

Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Not far away, a young hero perched atop the chimney of another building. He watched the drama unravel from this distance and wondered if he should approach. The fact that they were a couple of blacks away from his home nagged at the back of his head constantly, wanting them to leave. Just go somewhere else, goddammit. You can bicker on any other building in this city farther away from here.

But Phantom of the Opera kept these thoughts to himself and watched. No need to frighten anyone by popping up out of the blue, and definitely no need to start a fight.

If things got out of hand he would need to step in.

For now, he decided to watch these strangers. These 'heros' in their natural habitat. He smiled faintly at his own joke and kept his eyes glued on the scene.
Back to top Go down
http://choriarty.tumblr.com
Compactor

Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Compactor remained silent throughout most of this exchange, head cocked to the side as she eyed the vampire. Not that she had anything AGAINST the undead girl, of course. No, she was more curious than anything. She'd heard rumors of such things before, but meeting one was different.

Finally, the girl jerked back into reality as the others discussed clothing and food possibilities. A light smirk played across her lips.

"Well, we're in Brooklyn. I have a feeling we aren't going to find as many religious fanatics out here. At least, not at this time. Not sure if any clothing places will be open, but it'll e easy to find somewhere to eat. I know a nice little Chinese place a few blocks away."
Back to top Go down
Seraphim

Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 pm

"Religious fanatics..." The agnostic angel repeats with displeasure. She shakes her head, as though to rid herself of the thought.

"I think I'm going to need something I can, umm, put on with these wings so maybe a dress is a better idea. It's maybe kind of pointless to dress different though with the wings anyway..." She flies a little higher and spreads her wings more to emphasize her point, still totally cool with Virtue clinging to her back. It's really the least weird thing that has happened and she's somewhat thankful for the comforting contact amidst the stress.

"I don't really know the city or anyone in it or I don't think I do anyway... so uh, you guys just lead the way I guess?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   New York: New York City - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next