Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New York: New York City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom of the Opera

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Phantom of the Opera
Alter Ego: Calvin Johnson
Main Power: Peak Human Reflexes

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:36 pm

"Wasn't the most exciting fight I've ever seen." The Phantom commented. "Sort of anti-climactic to be honest. You powered guys get to have all the fun."

He strolled other to the woman cowering in the corner, who cringed when he held out a hand towards her. The hero's optimistic expression faltered, but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her up anyways. The lady squeaked a bit at the sudden human contact, but leaned on The Phantom for support.

"Don't be scared, miss. After all, I'm just a misunderstood opera ghost." he laughed light-heartedly. "My friend here is gonna take care of this dickbag- I mean crook. If you'd just take my hand I'll gladly lead outside and accompany you to the nearest clinic."

The Phantom flashed the lady a charming smile to try and melt the ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://choriarty.tumblr.com
Signal

Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Signal picked the KO'd man up and slung him on her shoulder. He was surprisingly light, but then...

"So, um... you know where the nearest police station is, right? Or should I just look for a bunch of police cars?" She laughed a little at how unfamiliar she was with this whole city.

Then she looked at how terrified the woman was, flinching even at Erik trying to help her. "The nerve of some of these people, I swear..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

The Phantom's expression suddenly turned grim for a split second, and he almost snarled "Yes. Some people in this world are disgusting."

Just as fast as it had appeared, the dark face was gone and the Phantom's charming and smooth grin was once again plastered on his face. He kissed the back of the woman's hand and she turned a beat red, almost pulling her arm away. The cocky grin grew.

"The nearest station is a couple of blocks down. Once you exit the front of this building, turn left and head straight down until you hit the first road with traffic lights. Take another left and a couple of blocks down there will be a small police station." he commanded without taking one breath.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 am

"Perfect, thank you!" Signal stepped towards the window and stopped, thinking for a second. "Maybe we should all head for the police station first? I mean, I could try to turn this guy in, but without testimony they'll either try to arrest me for assault and kidnapping or, well... yeah."

She began to worry a bit. If Zealot could hear her voice from... wherever it was he heard it (presumably very, VERY far away), this whole event could be interpreted as Signal, well, getting a snack. She has at least two witnesses to prove him wrong if he does show up, but if he doesn't believe her and them anyway?

"...gotta make this quick. In case we're heard."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 am

The Phantom thought for a moment, then shrugged and reached into a hidden pocket within his vest.

"I guess it can't be helped." He muttered, mocking annoyance. The caped hero pulled out a simple cellphone and started dialling 911. "Always have to do this the 'normal' way. Can't we send a flare up from the rooftop and leave this guy handing in a sack from a telephone pole or something? Isn't that how all the big shot super heros do it?"

The Phantom grinned at his own joke and winked at the lady, making sure to keep her somewhat calm. When the phone connected, his voice changed as easily as a hot knife cutting through butter. Living in a theatre had its advantages. In his new voice, he started giving the person on the phone directions to the apartment.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 am

"We could, but it's better to play it safe sometimes. Plus, keeping the police on their feet is good, too. When they don't have work, they get complacent, and when they get complacent..." She remembered how there was a distinct lack of police on the streets during the Eagle riot and chaos; sure, SWAT teams were brought out to deal with both the rioters and the supers, but it didn't help much.

"Plus, I don't have anything within my powers that can count as a 'flare,' at least without accidentally setting something on fire."
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Hero Name: Lilith
Alter Ego: N/A
Main Power: Succubi Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:22 am

Oooh, yes, that's it... Beautiful... She could feel herself rising into the Mortal Realm, breaking through the earth's crust to enter this poor girl's dying body. Of course, this was all metaphysical.

The minute she gained physical consciousness, she her screaming and shouts. Oh, dear. It seems she turned the girl's body into her own in the most little sense. The injuries on her were quickly disappearing, her unholy regeneration fixing that. Good. Of course, now she had her pair of lovely black wings piercing from her hospital gown. A long, slick black tail snaked from above her butt, the end shaped like a spade. Her canines were sharper, fang-like, and last, but not least, a pair of dark purple ram horns had sprouted from her head, curling through her long, black hair and around her ears. Wonderful. Her eyes were also a deep shade of red now.

Oh, yes. Her lips quirked in amusement as the (apparently) religious nurse shouted and screamed obscenities and curses at her. Did she just call her Lilith? Ha! Well, if the stupid humans wanted to think she was the Mother of Demons, they could go ahead. Lilith was a fine name to assume.

Casually, she laid back, blinking with an exaggerated innocence.

"Oh dear! That's no way to treat a patient! Don't you have some medicine you should be fetching me?"

Last edited by Lillith on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:23 am

"They're on their way." The Phantom announced. "It'll probably take them two minutes since it's so close, but you know police." he rolled his eyes at his own remark.

"Nah, just kidding. They're cool people, but sometimes even they can't do everything."

The Phantom knew that for a fact, from personal experiences. To be honest, it didn't even have anything to do with the situation at hand, but he just needed to tell himself out loud.

"Should we scram?"
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:34 am

"Probably. I don't even know when sunrise is right now, so I should probably take cover, too." Signal headed for the window, climbed out, and floated in the air waiting for Erik. Her stomach growled again. "...since the police are gonna be distracted with this lady and her... husband, maybe we should stop by a blood bank or something. I was, um, told by my mentor not to hunt people. For reasons."
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Admin

Hero Name:
Alter Ego:
Main Power:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:36 am

Fenrir woke up in a hospital bed, distinctly...well, not a werewolf. Gently bringing a hand up to touch his head before looking at the ground, he sighed, pushing himself up to sit on the bed. Cradling his head in his hands, he looks over at the door as it unlocks. Scrambling backwards on it, he suddenly hears a female scream in the next room over; his watch shifts to that wall as a doctor comes in with two...wait, were those guys armed? They raised guns at him, and...well, the best thing to do in this situation was to not deal with that shit.

A screaming howl erupts through the entire hospital as his teeth begin to turn into the equivalent of sterling white miniature swords held within his mouth. Claws tear from his hands, and he grows-and...grows. And grows. Holy fuck, he just keeps going. The armed guards begin firing at him, but most of the bullets bounce off, having no effect-he jumps onto one, wrapping his gigantic maw around him and tearing into his head, ripping it off completely and chewing on it. A resounding bang sears out as he sends his claw into another armed guard, and...an actual hole, in his stomach. The guard seems very self-satisfied with his use of a silver bullet; at least, until he realizes that, really, it was just the equivalent of a normal bullet to human flesh. Bringing his hand forward and into the man's head, Fenrir slams a gigantic paw into the wall, digging around inside of his stomach-the bullet falls out along with a few organs, and the skin heals over far more slowly than it normally would.

Panting as the screams in the next room continue, Fenrir brings the massive paw to bear on the wall, tearing through it as easily as wet paper. Stepping into the next room, he tilts his head to the ceiling and releases another impossibly stentorian howl, sound emanating through the hospital. Shifting his eyes, glowing the color of the harvest moon, down to the...well, the chick tied down to a bed, he just stands there, looking at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:40 am

"Yeah, not hunting people is a good idea." he grinned. "Especially not me, I wouldn't taste good; like teenage angst and overused musical references."

In two steps The Phantom was across the room and on the windowsill, looking back and mouthing a quiet 'good luck' to the lady. He leapt off and landed on the brick path with ease, taking a second to run a hand through his slicked back hair.

"Lead the way, Mina," he said, once again emphasizing the nickname with an accent. "you should know all the good vampire buffets, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Virtue
Admin

Hero Name: Virtue
Alter Ego: Edric Fuerst
Main Power: Spider Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 am

Shoving his hands on his hips and turning to Seraphim, Virtue nods, moving down to grab her hand and begin pulling her with him.

"Sure! You can sleep in my bed; don't worry, I don't use it much. I usually sleep in Compactor's bed."

Virtue forget to mention that he typically did this without her permission or knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coniverse.forumotion.com
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 am

"Heh. I could try to look for a blood bank somewhere around here, but it'd probably be in the thicker parts of the city." She turns around to look at the tall buildings in the distance. Somewhere in that mass of people, smells, and sights, she'd have to find an inconspicuous building with a freezer full of blood. This would not be fun.

Signal begins to fly towards the bright lights, she adjusts her teashades and crosses her arms.
Back to top Go down
Lilith

Hero Name: Lilith
Alter Ego: N/A
Main Power: Succubi Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 am

Damn the all to hell. It seems that not only had the girl been staying in a Christian hospital, but they seemed to have predicted that she was being possessed. Welp. Shit. The nurse was babbling on about how she wished the angel was still here to save them, sobbing uncontrollably and wishing Lilith back to the pits of Hell. Rude. There weren't even that many pits in Hell, and she definitively did not hang in them.

The succubus struggled against her bonds slightly, letting out a low hiss, slightly forked tongue flicking out over her sharp teeth. Damnit. Holy scripture was nearby AND they did some kind of binding. Symbols of him.

Then, a giant mass of wolf was bursting through the wall and Lilith couldn't help but thank the Lord(and not her Lord) that he cursed Mortals for the silliest things. A werewolf. Perfect.

"Help!"

She cried in a terrified voice, wide red eyes glistening with fake tears.

"They're hurting me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

Hero Name: Seraphim
Alter Ego: Unknown
Main Power: Angelic Physiology

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:54 am

Seraphim's cheeks redden at the suggestion she sleep in someone else's bed. They redden further at the mention of other people sleeping in the same bed. She is certainly not an "abstinence or else" type, it's just that things like that make her a little flustered. Angels.

"I-uh...thanks..." She mumbles, allowing herself to be led.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Compactor

Hero Name: Compactor
Alter Ego: Penelope Pressing
Main Power: Pressure Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am

Compactor stared at Virtue and Seraphim, that mild irritation building again as she watched the two interact. Not that she was jealous. Nope. Never.

"Wait a minute! I never said you can sleep in my bed"

She snapped at Virtue, hands on her hips and glaring daggers at him. Awh hell no. Not like she had a choice, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 am

"Who cares? I like it better than mine, even if it is less comfortable and filled with yelling about how much you hate me."

Coming to his dorm...'s window, he turns and grabs Seraphim around the waist before hopping up and beginning to climb up the wall with nothing but his feet, moving in through the window and planting himself on the ground within his dorm. Still holding Seraphim around the waist as he looks around his dorm, he shrugs and moves out of the small common area and into his own room. His roommate, a depressed loner with parents who hated him, had killed himself a while ago-nobody had noticed yet, least of all Virtue. Compactor mostly tried to stay out of his house, and the fact that he killed himself by drinking a cocktail of cleaning supplies fixed the smell from doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 am

Compactor really did try to stay out of his room. His side of it stank to no end, and he'd practically moved his crap into her's. Christ, she was lucky her roommate hadn't offed herself. She'd feel bad. Instead, the girl was just in intense therapy because of the crap she's had to put up with, mainly Virtue's fault.

The pressure hero quickly stood up again, floating after them and watching Virtue carry her into the room rather sulkily, arms crossed over her chest. She floated over to the open window to sit on the sill and stare over the campus, grumbling to herself. Not jealous at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 am

Seraphim awkwardly wrings her hands and twiddles her fingers as she allows herself to be led around, absolutely petrified that she might knock something over with her wings like at the library.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Virtue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:46 am

Most of his stuff already on the floor as it is, Virtue seems to care relatively little about the chance that she might knock something down. Deciding that a thematically appropriate carry is more...thematically appropriate, he turns her slightly and puts her into a groom's carry, kicking his door in; his door shows signs of having been horribly beaten, because apparently, the fuck likes to kick it in a lot.

"Here we are! This is my room. That's my bed. That's my wall covered in shelves that used to have stuff I don't need on them. That's my floor under the wall of shelves covered in the stuff I don't need. Over there is a closet. It's filled with...clothes, probably, I try not to look in there."
Back to top Go down
Compactor

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:50 am

Compactor shifted anxiously on the window sill, fingers drumming against the plastic as she listened. Ugh. Didn't want to go in, but she hated leaving them alone in there. Damnit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphim

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 am

"Eeep!" Seraphim makes an undignified sound as she is lifted, losing a couple of feathers on the floor. The urge to tidy up and bring order to the room rises, but she stifles it. It's none of her concern how someone likes to keep their room.

"It's lovely, I can really stay here? Thank you!" She smiles up at Virtue, trying not to blush or look embarrassed at being carried. She figures the carrying is just a normal human behavior that she's forgotten with her amnesia and that it would be unreasonably prude to reject it.

Last edited by Seraphim on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beta Boy

Hero Name: Beta Boy
Alter Ego: Baxter Banes
Main Power: Astral Projection

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:10 am

(Where's the delete option?)

Last edited by Beta Boy on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phantom of the Opera

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

"If we're going to where the crowds are, I'd rather stay where no one looks." The Phantom began. He took off towards the adjacent wall, climbing it for a meter until he got a hold of a pipe. Swinging and jumping from outhang to outhang, he finally reached the roof of the building. It took him 8 seconds.

"No one looks up these days." he pointed out. Taking the high road, The Phantom kept up with the floating vampire girl.
Back to top Go down
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

"Understandable." Signal watched with a bit of wonder at how fast Erik could climb. She wondered, for just a moment, if she was able to get even a bit of his blood. Would she get some of those reflexes, too? Was that how it worked? I mean, she already has pretty nice reflexes due to being a vampire, but if they were compounded with his?

"So, if you don't mind me asking, how long have you lived here? Or are you a native to this city?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New York: New York City   

Back to top Go down

New York: New York City
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next