Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lake Huron: Orchid Island

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Synapse

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Gently tearing off one of the petals of his coveted Black Orchid, the mayor allowing its properties to consume him, energy flowing through him. He trembled a bit and gathered some more Orchids to place delicately in his ledger, and placed it in his suit. Deep, ominous purple flames gathered over his body as he shot out from his cave, through the waterfall, and off to his next destination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Talk D. Preach
Main Power: Being Preachy

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:05 am

It was a long and annoying day and Vault couldn’t take much more. Lucky for him the rehabilitation facility didn’t allow that many visitors at once, and it was starting to get late as well so they would end up not bothering him. The receptionist did notify him however. He did not take it well.

He hoped this thing with the new gun for hire went over smoothly. He was starting to lose his patience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

Hero Name: Basset
Alter Ego: Cindy Carter
Main Power: Enhanced Tracking

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Basset, unsure of the detective's outer inner monologue, simply stood up and dust off her legs. She tucked the paper away, quickly collecting herself. Important to remain mannerly in any situation, of course. "Right," she started, assuming it was her opportunity to, "I can fit you in for up to an hour at this given moment with your... problem." Basset readjusted her dress, getting out a cress in it. "Though I would rather appreciate it if you gather the mess you have 'accidentally' created here. Some of those garments were gifts."

A beep had came from her phone regarding an incoming message about making a call. "Do be hasty, time and all," she spoke to the detective once again, before turning away and speaking another language into the phone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:41 am

"I know. Saho says as he calmly picks up, folds, and puts Basseycake's underwear back into the briefcase. I gave you most of them, one way or another." Saho then keeps the briefcase....you aren't giving them back? No. He's really not.

Anyways, after a very short bit of walking they arrive at a diner (because to get there the normal way would take too goddamn long) Saho orders nothing because the waitress was female and he could only stammer, Basset orders....oh who cares?

"This is a TB external on one Lucy Lucielle. There are folders for every event in her life except....no, iincluding that one

Organized per every two years of her life; the blue folder is summery of all my current theories relating to her; red folder is important information like fetishes, dress sizes, past lovers...." Not even surprised anymore.

"...But I want you to find her. That's it. I just want her found." Hey Saho, you seem....calm. You're talking to Basset, you know that right?

"Oh I know, I love Cindy Loo Who." Cindy?

"It's Bassycake's real name." Speaking of, why do you give people such childish nicknames?

"Well; it's because of my intense persecution and inferiority complexes. See, by attaching the mental imagery of a silly nickname to a person it makes them seem less scary; and it helps me to face them without having to obsessively know everything about them in order to determine whether they're out to get me or not..." That actually makes sense.

"Yeah. It's very helpful. Crippie. Bassywakes. Lulu. Zelly. Juju. VV....people I feel scared of suddenly become a lot more manageable when I can downplay them." Hmm, so, you know everything about the people who scare you?

"No. I know everything about everyone. I know everybody in this random diner by name. I could write their biography with more accuracy than they ever could." That's...intense. Doesn't that ever hurt?

"Yes." Well, again, Saho, you seem to be rather calm right now. I mean, to anyone NOT meta-savvy you are appearing to be talking loudly to yourself; Basset is sitting across from you but you're facing to your side and talking, but other than that you're fine. Are you okay?

"I feel...better. Like someone's here with me. But also I feel empty. Sad. Alone. Like something I had was gone.....but anyways, yeah, Lucy Lucielle. Find her for me, k, Bassycakes?" As Saho takes a sip of his water after his self-analyzation; the door to the diner swings open and black smoke is soon scattered in the wind...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:55 am

With the paraplegic's casual dismissal, the chief began to grow worried for the safety of himself and hist family. Remembering his advice to "not lose more men", he gradually began pulling men off the streets. It was then he learned that walking nuclear accident was roaming the streets.

"Fuck," he thought.

Meanwhile, the mayor returned to the crime scene that was his home. He realized his utopia was not as perfect as he thought, with him being unable to find subjects he wanted to find, particularly that infuriating rapscallion who still had things that belonged to him. On top of that, he had other loose ends he left untied off the islands. He pondered departing and returning to re-assume leadership some day after he had taken what was his. He began making the necessary preparations, beginning first by calling the Chief.

"Fuck," he thought.

Still, he (the Chief) answered the phone and was shocked to hear that the mayor wanted him to act as interim mayor.

"Fuck," he thought.

Damien explained he had things to take care of that he couldn't do from the island, or even through his expansive police force. He insisted that the chief still act as chief for now, he anticipated that his errands would not take him long, but he would require some help from the outside world, from that flawed, chaotic world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Basset simply nodded and took a sip of her beverage, no real emotion of the situation. "Just found. Odd, but understood. I'll contact you when I get to this... particular case." She tucked away the external in her purse, extracting her wallet in the process. "If that's all," Basset started, taking out a couple of bills for the check, "then I must make my leave now. As you know, I have some work to do."

With that, she made her way to the exit, giving the payment to the cashier on the way out. Basset took out her phone once more, scrolling through the agenda list that was always changing. Currently it was set to a certain meeting. No need for dictation regarding it, she knew who it was and where they were. Getting there was another thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Nerve

Hero Name: Mr. Nerve
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Rage Inducement

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Nerve had several contacts with private eyes, enticed by his offer in the papers. He allowed one, a certain Mr. Ventura, to come to the forest near the hide-out so that things could be discussed in person.
Arrangements were made. A boat would come pick up Nerve and Ventura at four in the morning the next day.
Nerve would pay the detective with some jewellery he took from the mansion but he had to make sure the man wouldn't double-cross him. With the apparently 'gifted' Mayor and his police force on his back that was the last thing he needed.
Oh, the henchmen. It was a sad necessity but nevertheless from the beginning he planned on leaving without them. The Mayor had done him a service by disposing one man, the other two would have to be gutted as they slept.
So Nerve waited on the beach, throwing some pebbles and reading up on the diaries of a Classical general, one of the many things he had looted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:26 am

"And we're back, Mr. Surge. We've hoped you've enjoyed your fl-"

"OUT OF MY WAY, WHORE, I'VE GOT TWO FRIENDS NOW." And with unparallelled agility, Saho wheels himself through the open door of the jet and down the handicapped ramp, doing a wheelie the whole time.

"I fucking hate that guy." Says the stewardess, but Saho's too far away to care (or hear). The whole flight he talked back and forth with his new friend on his laptop, and now, back in Orchid, he was feeling great. Things were looking up! He figured he should do something nice for his OTHER BFF too, and so...he took the wheelchair to an auto shop or whatever the hell it's called that make cars awesome.

"PIMP THIS SHIT OUT, IT'S FOR A FRIEND!" Saho proudly yells out as he enters the store rolling a wheelchair. Unbelievably, he's paying for it. Next time, the good people at the rehab center will inform Surge that a gift for him had arrived and as waiting for him in his room, a badass, flame-painted wheelchair with turbo rockets.

Meanwhile, his credit card company would inform him that he had privately rented a jet to Vegas and back. Of course, Saho Mange is a man who lives outside the system and tracking that back to him would be pretty hard; but, he did leave 100$ in a note with the wheelchair! The note itself read: To my other BFF. P.S. I GOT A SECOND BFF!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 am

Vault would find his face immediately in his hand upon returning to the rehabilitation center. He rubbed his temples softly before suddenly coughing loudly, drawing his hand from his mouth to find it covered in blood.

This was literally killing him.

He kicked the new chair out of the room then grabbed the phone and went through the trouble of cancelling the charges and the card. A boring task like that was always calming. He then looked to his papers, shuffling through them before making another phone call.

"Chief...I have a new target for you. Something a little more in the same league as your men. Something to keep them busy while I track down that glowing criminal." And with that he gave the chief a description of Saho, along with some footage of him from the locations he had been seen. He just wanted him out of his hair.

And once he was done with that he would shuffle through those papers once again, slowly sliding a sheet out of the stack and closer towards him. He looked surprised as he looked it over.

An interesting tech development in Ontario..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Damien set up a perimeter around the crime scene and had some of Orchid's finest men in beige investigate. Their findings were less than useful, which frustrated him. Calming down by pressing some orchids and organizing some seeds, the mayor continued his preparations to leave the isle. He'd return to take the reigns after he took what was his.

Meanwhile, Chief Mayweather was rather frustrated at the turn of events, especially at this one person who not only refused to fall in line, but had the sheer audacity to dictate commands to him. Whatever. Maybe this guy actually knew what he was talking about, because really, he didn't.

He re-coordinated his plan of attack. Instead of going after the glowing guy, he'd go after this...flipping guy. Wait, did he even commit a crime?

He'd get a stress-induced heart attack one of these days. Oh, the sweet release of death...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Along with that footage came the information on what crimes the flippy fellow committed:

Impersonating an officer, dress code violation, unauthorized travel, identity theft, regular theft, grand theft auto, trespassing, breaking and entering, and conspiracy with a criminal.

That's all he could remember at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm

"Conspiracy with a criminal...?"

Mayweather pondered the possibility that the superhuman activities were inspiring the civilians to act out. With his annoying obsession with metahumans, surely the cripple would've brought it up if it was relevant.

Still, he couldn't take the chance that the presence of these people were going to plant and sow the seeds of rebellion, and organized a task force force tasks on the fugitive. Those tasks being "go to jail" and "stay in jail". Some copters and jeeps rolled out to find the fugitive in his last known area, and the cops knew who they were looking for.

The mayor had departed, leaving his special little lady (which could be a wife, daughter, mistress, mother, aunt or retarded versions of those relatives if depending on how you want to interpret that) and his staff to maintain his keep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

Hero Name: Control Rod
Alter Ego: Rod Cragsworth
Main Power: Radiation Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:04 am

It had been a lot easier to find a place to hide out than Rod had figured, and for that he was glad. After making his hasty retreat from the park, he had happened across a large storage facility, a fenced off series of little garage-like structures in a vast lot. Some were filled, no doubt, with futons, or records, or other people's personal items they simply didn't have room in their own garage at home to hide away. But some of them would be empty, waiting to be rented out, and Rod would be able to hold out for several days if he were lucky.

Getting through the fence was easy, he simply gave it a sample of his new abilities and it quickly withered away, making it a simple matter for him to tear it down and enter the lot. From there he proceeded down the rows of storage units, and then chose one at random, grabbing the padlock in one hand and burning it away. Raising the door, he groaned. It wasn't empty. Somebody was storing shit in it.

He began lowering the door, and stopped, opening it fully. The unit wasn't even half full. There was a mattress, a few boxes of who knows what, and a clothes-rack full of jackets. Entering the unit, he tore the lid off of one box. Shirts and jeans, sandals, a pair of sneakers, miscellaneous socks. This would do. This would do nicely.

In fact, it'd be better to use this one than an empty one, who knows how often the owner stops by this place? he thought to himself.

Returning to the door, he went to pull it down and get some sleep, before the sun came up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

Hero Name: Midas
Alter Ego: Arthur Andrews
Main Power: Chrysopoeia (Gold Transmutation)

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 am

Andrews dragged his suitcases behind him, letting them roll across the tranquil bay. I say “letting”; the two briefcases were far too heavy for most anyone to lift. In one, it’s volume was completely filled with golden action figures, as demanded by the insane middleman who had called for him. Every single one had been transmuted fully, and given the density of gold, wasn’t easy to transport.

However, he wasn’t going to half-ass this job just for a bit of an easier time. He knew that if he didn’t do this job properly, the girl he was striving to save would be melted down, and forged into god-knows-what. If he was doing this he was doing it right.

Well, he says that, but he hasn’t been able to fulfill his contract completely. He was no closer to finding the truth to the recent surge in Metahumans, or how to stop it, much less creating a portable suit which could counter the wide variety of powers which have recently come to light. However, that was only half the requirements, and he hoped he had succeeded well enough with the second half to justify the lack of mutant dampening powers.

And that was its radiation blocking powers. More advanced than most anything on the market right now, the suit could probably resist any amount of radiation that could conceivably occur naturally on earth. Due to the nature of its design, it not only resisted radiation, but flat out nullified a certain amount of it. It was leaps and bounds ahead of your average hazmat suit.

Andrews headed to drop point, a nice and secluded area, probably picked specifically for this purpose. He rolled the cases along the ground, leaving them resting a nearby building. He had no doubt that the Detective had a method of monitoring him, so it would probably be collected promptly, However, Arthur wasn't going to leave anything to chance. He was planning on staying in the general area, to make sure the goods would be collected properly, and they weren't stolen by some lucky thief. God knows what would happen if that detective thought he was holding out on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Just then, some lone, unimportant nobody was seen there.

"About time, golden boy." A gruff voice says out from the darkness....it's Saho!...no it isn't, because he's in New York. But, being Saho, he doesn't leave anything unplanned.

"Mange said to grab the stuff, make his 'adjustments' and send him the figs. Easy money....ugh....Mange..." The guy bent down over the suitcase and checked, yup, it was all here. For the final touches, he did as Saho instructed: Wrote "KICK ME" on the back of the suit with an industrial sharpie. After that, he began to gather and count up the golden figs.

"So I assume you have the displeasure of knowing him, huh? What's he got on you? Your wife? Your career? Your reputation? Oh, almost forgot the note." The man left a note with the suit, "To Bassycakes, Love Saho~ P.S. GREATEST DETECTIVE BITCH."

"I swear, he's like 10....if he didn't have those documents...fuck.." The man left, taking the golden figs with him but leaving the suit; he then went off to ship the figs before muttering under his breath.

"Saho Fucking Mange....I hate that guy."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 pm

This man certainly seemed like he was following instructions for this detective. Well, apparently his name was Saho Mange. Odd name. Arthur trusted the man, not out of instinct, but for the fact that he couldn’t imagine anyone except Saho would have given the man those specific orders. However, Andrews had a problem with this particular method of collection.

“Well, I’m sure this man has told you to collect these, I can’t hand them over without some information. Information on where a certain statue is being kept.”

Arthur wasn’t sure if this grunt had been informed of his situation, but he couldn’t simply give these away in good faith. For all he knew, Saho could be planning to keep the suit, the gold, and the …. Well, more gold. Arthur wasn’t giving these away without that information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Did I say the grunt left? He did, but AFTER this.

"You haven't known this asshole long, have you buddy? If he wants you for something, he'll take it. Your statue will be right where you last saw it....but check it. CAREFULLY. If Mange has leverage on you, he won't let it go. You don't know him, do you? For all his stupidity he's, sometimes, the Greatest Detective on Earth. Not even kidding. He's one of the smartest guys alive.....and he's an asshole. If he wants you again, he'll find you. You want him to stop busting your balls, buddy, you play his game. You don't even know what he has on me; and you know how long he's been pulling this shit on me? 2 fuckin' years. So.. I'm gonna take this stuff now, refuse, and he'll crash down all your work around you and melt her down into....I don't even wanna think about it.

And the worst part? Give in, and he'll do it again next time he needs a favor. The only solace is that he isn't a particularly spiteful kind of guy but still...fuck Mange."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arthur "Midas" Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Andrews let out a sigh of relief. The statue had been returned to his basement. He’d be sure to try and put her under lock and key. But for now, he could calm down a bit. If the man he was talking to was telling the truth, he’d have to find a way of countering him. And he had picked up some information from that man. He said that Saho was the best detective in the world sometimes. But only sometimes.

But that was a job for a different day. He was on a beautiful island, with fantastic weather. He could afford to spend some time relaxing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 pm

After a brief "meeting" with another irrelevant individual, Basset thought it was due time to contact her current client. It's only proper to periodically update regarding the situation. Situation being Basset had their suit. In a case she picked up not too long ago. Which happens to be resting on a chair next to her, at an outdoor cafe. She was a sucker for cafes. Regardless, Basset sent a short message to them, scheduling a time and place to meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 pm

It seemed that there were other people lurking about. Searching for clues, and answers, and information. People who would ruin certain plans if they got a hold of too much information. Because of this, normal communication measures might not be the wisest option. Perhaps of the police force were more open to assistance he might have better resources to work with.

Vault tilted up the lid of the small box in his lap, peeking inside. Two small, easily hidden communication devices, built to self destruct in the right circumstances and heavily encrypted, the lowest level leading down to misleading code. There also appeared to be a third device, similar in design, but different in function. Vault sealed the box and rolled his way out of the center, passing by a confused staff wondering what to do with a pimped out rocket chair, and a laundry facility.

"See you later, Cecilia." Vault said to the woman taking care of the laundry. She smiled and waved to him in response he rolled out, heading to the newly designated meeting location.

Cecilia checked all of the clothing thoroughly before putting it into the wash. She found something odd on the shoulder of one of them...
A ladybug pendant. A fairly flamboyant one. There were no women on this wing...

"Not the first weird bug I've found..." She said before continuing her work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 am

Slowly a figure in the darkness swayed from side to side, walking slowly towards a storage facility with what appeared to be a tired limp. In one hand he was carrying a large suitcase, and in the other...well...it was impossible to tell as it was held within his large trench coat.

There was a fence in his way. No problem. He quickly scaled it with one hand, tossing the case over with the other, making sure it landed in a safe spot before hopping over the gate himself. He looked about, face obscured by darkness and the popped collar of his coat, along with the detective type hat on his head. He grabbed the handle of the case and lifted it up to begin walking again. He seemed to have no trouble locating the unit that the radioactive man was residing in. Once he stood in front of it he gave it a few knocks.

Someone answering the knock might find less than they expected. The one standing at the door turned out to be quite short.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 am

Control Rod shifted on the mattress, sitting up on his elbows, rubbing his head. Great. The what, ONE time a year the asshole that owns this place drops by to look at his junk, and it's the storage unit I chose to crash in. How many jerkoffs am I going to have to give cancer to get some peace and quiet?

Getting to his feet hesitantly, Rod made his way to the door. Wait. He knocked. Who the hell would knock? Nobody should be in here.

"Um...hello?" He asked reluctantly, opening up the door. "You may want to keep your distance, chief, unless you want a tumor the size of a football."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 am

The figure at the door remained in place as it was opened, not flinching from the walking cancer starter as it stood near him. Instead it simply tossed the suitcase towards him, allowing him the time to open it and check its contents. It was that radiation proof suit of course. The figure could have introduced itself or told the glowing man what was going on, but instead it would let the circumstances speak for themselves.

Instead the figure began to pull that hand from inside that coat and...retrieved a bottle of some liquor. The bottle went up to the area where a face would be and began to be swallowed away viciously. It seems that the cloaked figure had been walking with a drunk limp. Odd for someone that was the size of a child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:58 am

Rod looked down at the suitcase, than to the small person. Reaching down, he opened it up, and pulled out the suit, unfolding it and looking it over. This was for him? A radiation suit? He thought of the possibilities. He could go out. Anywhere he wanted. Without killing everyone within five feet. And if he threw a trenchcoat over it, he might not even have to take any crap from the cops...if he stuck to alleys, kept a low profile.

He watched the stranger take a swig from the bottle, jealous, wishing that he could once again know the taste of liquor. Or the feel of anything at all, really. "...thanks. What's the catch?" He wasn't stupid. This person knew where and how to find him. And they came with this, prepared. And they didn't seem to be worried about the aura of poison surrounding him. There had to be some kind of bottom line here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 am

The bottle was returned to inside of the coat, the short figure looking up to the other. By now he must have known that he was being tracked and watched and studied.

"Oh...that's simple..." The small, exotic voice responded.

"Just be captured by the police." He continued, with no more explanation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   

Back to top Go down

Lake Huron: Orchid Island
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: