Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lake Huron: Orchid Island

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Talk D. Preach

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Talk D. Preach
Main Power: Being Preachy

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 am

Vault sighed and rubbed at his temples softly as he watched the man collapse. Finally he had shut up. But now his phone was was vibrating while he was in a meeting. Ugh. Things just didn't always go as planned. He knew it was improper to answer it, but he also knew that no one really called him unless it was important. He wasn't exactly chatty Kathy. He decided to at least check his phone to see who was calling.

Oh. It was important indeed.

"One moment...I promise to keep this brief." He said before answering the call. He listened to the other end for a moment before just curling his lips up in a slight smile.

"Oh, sorry. You actually just caught me in the middle of something. We'll have to talk later. Just know that it's worth the wait...and I will have something for you." He said before hanging up rather abruptly, attempting to keep the chief interested but hanging on to his workings by just a thread for now.

"Sorry for the interruption." He said before looking over to the one on the ground. "I take it you two have met before..? My condolences. Now as I was asking before, what are your goals?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

Hero Name: Basset
Alter Ego: Cindy Carter
Main Power: Enhanced Tracking

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:16 am

Basset kneeled next to the detective's collapsed body, checking to see if he was alright. The man was; he just blacked out it appears. He could afford being blacked out a bit longer.

She waited until the client finished their call and had addressed her. "No, this would be the first time we've had face to face contact. He mainly stalked." Basset brought the unconscious detective closer, resting his head on her lap, making sure it wasn't damaged anymore more than it was. "My goals," she continued, "just to make sure each and all of my clients are satisfied. In addition to finding a certain... Someones."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:20 am

That was a professional goal indeed. Worthy of being a mission statement even! But that little addition intrigued him. "Oh..? May I ask who this person is? Someone who evades even the greatest tracker...?" He asked, tilting his head to the side softly.

"And...could you just dispose of him? It would be super easy, he's unconscious and everything..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 am

Basset chuckled a not so cheerful chuckle. More of one tainted with woe. "Just a little mystery to keep me on my toes. Idle fun and all."

She looked down at the unconscious detective whose hair she was mindlessly stroking. "Eh," Basset shrugged, "it would be cheap to off him in his black out state. Also, madness aside, he's a pretty good detective. Just don't tell him that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 am

He narrowed his eyes a bit but kept his cool.

"Alright then. I need you to do two things for me. Check up on one Arthur Andrews, to check on the progress of what I...commissioned him to do. I sent this idiot..." He said, indicating towards Saho, "but I doubt he'd be able to get anything done right... Second. I need you to track down that walking nuclear reactor and tell him I have a proposition for him. If he agrees, we'll set up a meeting. If not...we'll just have to make him comply. Is that something you think you can handle?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

Hero Name: Control Rod
Alter Ego: Rod Cragsworth
Main Power: Radiation Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 am

"If I get into the uh...barrel. If I go, where are you taking me? What's going to happen? Because being taken apart in a lab or buried in a concrete landfill are dealbreakers, here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 am

Basset nodded in compliance. "Nothing I can't handle, even with the Chernobyl guy. I'll contact you within 24 hours. I'll even throw in getting this idiot off your case for free."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 am

The men turned to each other and shrugged in confusion. How could that thing speak? How could it live? It was walking cancer, almost like someone brought /b/ to life. It would explain the green color and faceless (skull). Except, the person who said that was shot in the arm because he was in obvious violation of not only the city's censorship policies, but rules one and two of the Internet as well.

"No, of course not...it's sort of a surprise where you're going, but you can't stay here. I'm sure those dead plants, pigeons and officers would agree."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 am

"I don't really like surprises. How about I just start walking..." Rod looked over his shoulder, and then pointed. "That way. I'll walk that way, and then you can go back and tell whoever that you didn't find me." He doubted it'd work, but it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 am

"Yeah, no, that can't...happen, y'know?" One of the men stated, though they were all curious how the man got on the island, and how much environmental damage he had done when he...swam here?

Some of the powered suits cut off the path the skeleton man pointed to, with hazmat personnel surrounding the individual.

"I promise, the surprise is well worth it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 am

Vault closed his eyes and nodded to her softly. "That will do." He said before starting to roll his way off.
"And as far as compensation... Is there anything you'd like..? Feel free to name something besides money, though money is no problem either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRAVITY LAD

Hero Name: Gravity Lad
Alter Ego: Isaac Parker
Main Power: Double Jump

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 am

Young Isaac Parker was looking for a purpose. He failed in both Eagleopolis and the Harbor. His only homes. Isaac was living in the Harbor town for a couple of weeks after his little stint in invading a military base and becoming a royal pain in the United States army's behind. He lived at the house of the kindly Kent couple. He was happy, he felt like he had a family again. He almost wanted to forget this life of crimefighting.

Almost. There were some reports on the television about the military state Orchid city has become. What they do to the citizens that break the law. What they rob the innocent people of. There was recently a woman that escaped the city, and immediately ran to her nearest news outlet to sell her story to the world. She didn't get to enjoy her newfound fortune and fame, she died a couple of days ago under mysterious circumstances. Even if there was a possibility she might have been exaggerating what they do here, Isaac couldn't ignore it.

Isaac was now looking at the Orchid City limits. The road leads to the water and forests,it leads to the city. This road is the last remaining connection to the real world. Isaac put on his helmet. He revved his motorcycle. He made a promise that he would help anyone in need, that he would protect anyone from harm. He wasn't going to give up on that promise. Not yet. The sign was the only evidence of vandalism to be seen for miles inside or outside the city. The phrase "THE POINT OF NO RETURN" tagged by some punk or reject.Or someone that knew too well what was going on here.

Orchid City, meet Gravity Lad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 am

Rod saw in his peripheral the powered suits cutting off his escape, and the men in the hazmat outfits starting to surround him. He had already killed a few cops, not very long ago. Things didn't look that good for him. He was only kidding himself to even entertain the idea of going with these men. What could he possibly hope for? That they'd take him to some lab, sit him down with a secret agent representing some super-powered-people-team assembled by the government to avenge shit?

No. No, they were probably going to dump him in a pit, fill it with concrete, and let him die in the fashion of his choosing thirty feet in the ground who knows where. Even IF he wasn't about to be fucked in the back, he still had a lot of revenge to get on the people responsible for doing this to him to begin with, and that certainly wouldn't mesh with any kind of future on the right side of the law. He had to choose, now, and it wasn't really much of a choice at all. Between getting into a barrel or cranking up the heat and seeing just what he was capable of, well....

"I'm leaving. And if anyone tries to stop me, people are going to get hurt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 am

"Well shit. Cancel the surprise, Ted."
"You sure?"
"Positive."

And with that, the surprise was gone.
But the irradiated skeletal figure called the bluff, they had no weapons on hand that could hope to quell the creature's hot heart. In a panic, one power armor opened fire, prompting the rest to follow suit.

One man pulled away and commissioned a police helicopter be re-purposed for firefighting, going under the assumption that, if nothing else, the water would cool off the thing. A pilot radioed back, promising to be there with the water in no more than four posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 am

Rod threw up his arms to shield himself as one of the suits opened up fire, flashes bursting on the surface of his body with each round that connected, smoke rising from what would have been a wound, were he not now a walking nuclear incident. To his surprise and relief he was quite unharmed. It hurt, of course, it was downright irritating getting shot, and all the noise was rousing up his headache yet again, but he wasn't bleeding and he hadn't turned into a mushroom cloud.

"I didn't want this! You should've left me alone!!" He swung his arm out as if throwing a frisbee, directing his frustration and growing rage like a weapon, and a burst of radiation shot out in a ray that engulfed the power armor that originally opened up on him. Continuing the swing, he let a few more of those rays out, not aimed at anyone in particular, but just to see the effects they'd have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:31 am

The grass around the glowing skeleton died as he began projecting light and heat, also killing a nearby tree and some squirrels. The men who were only protected by hazmat suits clutched at themselves and collapsed in fits of vomiting, blindness and headaches and would eventually go on to be the first men on the Jupiter die a horrible leukemia death. The armored men were a bit more lucky, for EM pulse rendered their suits useless and trapped them inside, recoiling in agonizing illness.

All of the the electrical equipment within two hundred yards would be rendered inoperable, which sucked for those guys with hearing aids and pacemakers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Control Rod

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:46 am

Rod, surprised at how quickly it had ended, with only just the tiniest amount of effort on his part, went on his way. Deep down, somewhere in the radioactive mess that was his body, he felt bad. These guys were going to have an extremely shitty time. Some of them a lot less of it than the others. In the future maybe it'd be best to turn the heat up a bit further and not leave anyone alive to suffer the aftermath of a confrontation with him.

But no time for cleaning up now. He had to get out of this park and find a place to hide out, and think about what to do next.

"Sorry guys. Some of ya look military, though, I'm sure there's gonna be massive life insurance payouts." He remarked as he stepped over those in his way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 am

Arriving in four posts like the pilot promised, the fire-copter appeared, but saw only downed men. Sensing something amiss, it began searching for whoever, or whatever did the deed.

Meanwhile, the Mayor had retreated into the Orchid Forest, reaching his secret spot. Twas a cave underneath a waterfall, one he happened to find himself trapped in once as a child. Lined against the rocks were hardy black orchids. He held one and marveled in its magnificence, taking focus away from his problems and on the flower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 pm

"Right. Judging by your current position, information can be one form of compensation." Basset replied, retrieving her phone from her pocket, checking it. "I'll send you the exact details and hard copy of the contract in a couple of hours. You'll be at the police station still, yes?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 pm

He turned his head back towards her a bit before nodding softly. He didn't exactly enjoy having people research him, but they wouldn't find much anyway. He had no record, and he had done nothing wrong to warrant suspicion.

"Try not to show up around there, though. The chief sort of forced my hand into this, and I don't feel like explaining myself to him..." He said as he rolled on a bit.

"One more thing...keep track of him for me. I want to distance myself from him as much as possible. He doesn't seem like the most...trustworthy character. He's going to end up doing something...wrong." He said, speaking as if he were the good guy. Maybe he was?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

....Saho had awaken almost immediately after he blacked out, however, complete and total fear kept him frozen in Basset's lap and his heart pounded when she stroked his hair. He's awake, but terrified.

Still, the rational part of him starts to piece together a plot of his own. When Surge returns to his office; he'll find 1 Jimmy Whatever, free. A lawyer paid by an 'anonymous' source stepped forward with undeniable yet unspecific proof that Jimmy was innocent, and thus, is off free. The lawyer; one Nick Frost, tells the kid he has a 'guardian angel' out for him. It goes without saying, Diggens and Surge will probably get quite a scolding for this but...Saho is a detective, not a mercenary. He doesn't like people hurting others; except when he does it. Maybe it's because he's been a victim, who knows.

...In addition, Saho has been spying on Surge since their first meeting; and so, decides to send him a little present later.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Vault tossed back a small, folded up piece of paper to Basset, highlighting some notes about the target that the suit was to be designed for. He was hoping the scientist could figure out a way to use the person's energy to power the suit to aid it in suppressing the radiation. He might have been asking too much from him, but surely he had some friends with different areas of expertise.

He returned to the office, finding that Jimmy was released, which he didn't like in the lease bit.
"What do you mean you let a criminal go..? You've seen his record. Just because some smooth talking lawyer comes in, you let him off the hook?" He asked with a sigh, seeming to scold them more than they could ever scold him. He closed his eyes and rubbed his head. He was surrounded by idiots.

Jimmy raped 3 little girls that day in celebration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 pm

With Surge gone Saho soon came to a realization.
He was alone.
With a girl.
With her

"AH!!" He jumped back and stumbled a bit, still sitting. Basset could probably see the stain on his jeans (that ISN'T urine) if she cared to look.

"W-w-what are....m-mo..." He stopped, trying to catch his breath. Don't say it. You're fine. You're not there, this is somewhere else. Look around.

"...This isn't a room.." No, it isn't.

"....I'm not trapped...." No, you're not. He reached into his jacket pocket and touched the handle of a familiar knife. The knife his father gave him; the last thing he gave him. The knife he used to kill his mother. Touching it reminded him he wasn't powerless, it calmed him down; it helped him think.

".....I....am okay. I'm fine" He shivers and trembles, moving his hand away from the knife handle, and gazes back at Basset....he then looks away because he can't really talk to her while looking at her.

"...need to t-talk to you....s-somewhere public..." Still breathing hard, he stares away at the ground not wanting to look Basset in the face. It's not like Saho doesn't have information or resources Basset could use; and vice-versa, it's just that he's usually a handful to deal with....for anyone except her, for multiple reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

"Glad to see that you're talking and moving, and not just laying there eavesdropping." Basset remarked, glancing over the piece of unfolded paper, making notes on her phone. "Fine, " she answered, not looking at the other detective, "we can head to a diner in the city. Will that do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:55 pm

"S-s-s-s-s.....yeah okay. Saho nervously gets up, dusting himself off and mumbling, 'She's attractive and it's okay. She's attractive and it's okay...'" Saho does as he describes; why do you even HAVE a narrator?!

"She's attractive and that's okay. She's attractive and that's okay. She's-" Saho takes out his phone and checks. YES. He's back in the lead.....of course that stupid poll changes every couple of minutes so the title of 'Greatest' is basically pointless as it changes between them hundreds of times each day....but whatever.

"Saho swallows. He calms himself and.....I...still can't look at her. But that's okay. I'm okay. Everything's great. Please don't hurt me. No, wait, I want you to hurt me....but please don't.....Saho, you have business.....yes...I do. Yes. I do.

Right, lunch. Sounds nice. I love you? Lead the way." Saho is....clearly uncomfortable.

Last edited by Sena on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   

Back to top Go down

Lake Huron: Orchid Island
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next