/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lake Huron: Orchid Island

Go down 
+9
Sena
Signal
Zealot
Sugar Shock
Valencruz
Talk D. Preach
Mr Nerve
Agent 58664
Synapse
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Synapse

Synapse

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 am

The target eventually disappeared beyond the waves. Beyond mad at this point, the mayor shouted in frustration and utterly destroyed the nearby police vehicles, each of them going down in an explosion, scattering mechanical parts and limbs all around.

He held out his palm and projected another blast of heat, boiling some of the water and evaporating it away, but it would prove to be futile. Defeated and angry, the redheaded man manifested his "jet feet" again and flew off somewhere with haste.
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Talk D. Preach
Main Power: Being Preachy

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Vault searched the building a bit, as much as he could without going too far in as he found it also not wheelchair accessible. There didn’t seem to be much in the line of clues there anyway…well, not the kind he was searching for anyway. He rolled his way back down from the entrance before heading back to the car, looking over to Diggens who was just blocking the perimeter of the area.
“Hey, I’m going off on my own to search for some more leads. “ He said, Diggens not offering much of a response though. Vault blinked at him before turning and starting to roll off.
“Take care of yourself…” He said as he rolled away. It almost seemed like he really cared. Perhaps maybe he did? Sometimes it was hard to read Surge, other times it wasn’t. As calm and collected as he always seemed to be, his personality was actually quite volatile.

He came to roll up onto another apartment building, another shady looking dump on the bad side of town. He took a look up along the building before lowering his head to look around. It was a miracle that he hadn’t been mugged yet. He rolled his way up to the front of the building before hitting the button at the front door to call one of the apartments. He hit it once again and waited. Eventually after a few more tries someone finally responded.

“Yeah?” Returned the tired, scruffy voice of a weasely sounding man. Just from the sound of his voice, Vault knew he had the right person.

“Yes…I wanted to talk to you about a few things…would you mind coming down?” Vault returned, tilting his head as he looked over the communication device making sure it had no cameras. They were too cheap to afford one, it seems.

“What? Who are you? And if you want to talk to me so badly why don’t you come up here yourself?” The voice returned, sounding quite annoyed about this random solicitor.

“Well unless this complex has an elevator, I don’t think I’m going to make it up there in this wheelchair… And this is important. Important for both of us. I need to find someone, and I know you have the information I’m looking for.” He said, grabbing the badge hanging about his neck to slowly slide it into his pocket and out of sight. There was silence on the other end of the line before a bit of shuffling.

“Yeah..? Well how is this important to me..?” The voice asked, starting to sound a little less annoyed and a bit more worried.

“Your past is starting to catch up with you, as you can see… Pretty soon some old debts are going to be pulled up, and some old ‘favors’ returned to you. There are a lot of angry people that want to see you in jail along with them. And once you’re in there…there’s not going to be a single friend around to protect you.” Vault said, looking away from the device now to look towards the door. There was silence before the connection was cut. Moments later the door was opening up and a scrawny, black haired man popped his head out.

“Come on in…I’m on the first floor…” Said the man, the same voice as the one on the other end of the intercom. It wouldn’t take long for Vault to get the information he was seeking, a contact to a few wild guns for hire. This was a much better process than finding a random detective on the streets, much more professional, and much less annoying. The weasel of a man even sent off the message for him to the contact, calling for a certain woman’s attention, sending a meeting time and location as well.

“Alright…you’ve got what you wanted, now…tell me what I need to know.” The snitch said, looking to Vault nervously. Vault looked back to him with those dull eyes before giving him a slight smile.

“Yeah, yeah thanks for the help. Now…there are some men you used to work with… They aren’t quite happy with the way things turned out and they are starting to ask some questions. Questions like ‘Why isn’t good ol’ Jimmy the Snitch in here with us?’ and ‘Did he rat us out?’ And you know…people like the ones you used to work with…no matter what, even if they are in jail, they’ll find ways to get what they want. And if they want you dead, they’ll have it.” Vault said, now showing little passion or emotion, other than the grim satisfaction he got out of explaining this, even though Jimmy already knew it. Jimmy was starting to shake and twitch nervously, twisting his fingers over one another before he suddenly stood from his seat.

“I DIDN’T DO IT! I DIDN’T RAT THEM OUT!” He yelled, starting to pace from side to side. Vault simply nodded to him.

“I know, I know. But they don’t know that. That’s why you’re going to have to go meet your old boss and tell him yourself.” Vault returned, Jimmy looking over to him, eyes widening a bit in fear.
“Now don’t worry, he’s in jail. You’ll be surrounded by plenty of officers to keep you safe. I mean…there's no reason to worry if you haven’t done anything wrong lately…have you?” Vault asked, receiving a quick shaking of his head from Jimmy who had gone straight since the bust. Vault smiled and nodded his head, rolling up behind Jimmy to pat him on the back. “Good, good. Just head up to the local police station tomorrow at 3 and you’ll have a nice, safe talk with him.” Vault said, gliding a gloved hand (that was part of the uniform, right?) into his pocket to retrieve a small baggy of some white powdered substance, gliding it beneath a stray newspaper as he patted his friend there on the back. “Well actually…you know him better than I do…will you make it til to tomorrow..?” He asked with a tilt of his head. Jimmy started to get even more nervous, looking about before he grabbed his keys and quickly headed for the door, rushing outside to head to the police station, Vault rolling out behind him to allow him to lock the door.

As the man ran off, Vault reached down to pull out his radio, calling back to Diggens.
“Hey, Diggens. I could use your help over here…I think we might have a problem. I was looking into one of the old snitches and it turns out…we might have a cop killer on our hands.” He said, watching with his dull eyes as Jimmy rushed off to the station. Vault then put the radio away before pulling out a note detailing the information of the arranged meeting with the gun for hire he was searching for.

12 noon. Tomorrow. Edge of the forest on the west part of the island near ‘Suicide Cliff’.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

Hero Name: N/A
Alter Ego: Saho Mange
Main Power: Sweet-ass flips and Acrobatics

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 pm

"After a lengthy trip back to the 'Roleplay' section; Saho had arrived safely back in Orchid. As he walked through the night streets, he took out a cellhpone" Saho takes out his cellphone. "And puts a call to some useless cripple.....oh, voicemail. "HEY CRIPPIE; THE BLACKMAIL AND EXTORTION WENT GREAT. YOU'LL HAVE YOUR ILLEGAL TECHNOLOGY IN NO TIME. WELL, I GOTTA TO DELIVER THE CHILD WHORES YOU WANT, TTYL BFF <3" As Saho hung up, laughing as he hoped Surge would listen to that loud voicemail in front of all his cop co-workers, he walked up the stairs and entered his own apartment. There....he saw a flash of red and....couldn't remember much after.

"Hmm..." He paced, well at least paced as well as he could in this cramped, trash-filled room.

"Lucys connected with Signal....Signal; the meta-human, isn't exactly classified information. She has a wikipedia article for fuck's sake!...still, the only Lucy I was able to pin together was Lucielle? Luicell? Whatever. After a certain point, Signal doesn't exist. Lucielle is the only ties to a 'Lucy' that can remain consistent. It's not really enough to say that Signal = Lucielle though..."

"Hmm, is that so? Well, keep looking." Wait, is this Saho talking to himself? Saho found himself standing alone in his apartment, door open. What was he doing? Why did he stand like this? and....

"Why am I looking into this?" Confused, he walks over to his bed and collapses in it, from there, he takes out a box underneath the bed filled with pictures of Lucy Lucielle. He finds its always easier looking into someone if he....faps to them....

Above him on the wall was a picture of the costume meta-human Signal with the words "Lord signal?" written in red marker over it.

Last edited by Sena on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Basset

Basset

Hero Name: Basset
Alter Ego: Cindy Carter
Main Power: Enhanced Tracking

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

It was well into the day on the shore; the personal hand laying still in the beach chair. His arms dangled limply to the sides, making small pockets into the sand. He had passed out some time ago, mostly out of the exhaustion of the whole ordeal. Basset had retreated inside during that time, taking the opportunity to take a quick shower before actually contacting her current employer.

She emerged from the bathroom, toweling her hair, as she made her way to the plugged in phone. It had a new message. "How strange..." She murmured, especially since the sender was of one she hadn't heard from in literally ages. They were even thought of as dead in Basset's mind, but it's best to assume that status is changed now. The message contained information regarding a new client; one the sender seemed to have trusted in a weird way. In addition to a meeting time & point. Checking the time, Basset figured it couldn't hurt to take a short detour and aid this fellow. With that, she got ready.

In moments, Basset was immediately dressed in some more professional attire more befitting the occasional. She quickly got a few things, one of them being her phone, and went back to the personal hand who had started to stir. "Hello sleeping beauty," she spoke softly, with a grin. The man stretched, rubbing the sleep from his face. "Uh, sorry about falling asleep and all-" "It's okay," Basset responded, breaking him off, "I had a fun time with you. Now, if you don't mind, I'm in a hurry. Watch over the place for me? I promise to return as soon as possible." The hand, still a bit groggy, nodded. "Good. Don't have too much fun, you hear?" And with a wink, Basset was off.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Saho Mange was annoyed. More than annoyed. Who the hell was Lucy Lucielle anyways?

"Traces and signs of her are coexistent with Signal. Doesn't make sense.....is it even Lord Signal? What if it's a lord signal? Ugh...."

Annoyed, and not completely sure why he's looking into her in the first place, he decides to take his mind off it. How about on Surge? Saho was just as curious as Arthur about why Surge needed the things he does; or why he was desperate enough to trust Saho to begin with. He had checked the bugs he placed on Surge and...

"Noon...he's meeting...oh great.
her"

Prideful as he was, he hated having to admit he wasn't the BEST detective alive. At least not completely. He was very good, yes, but there was one other person who could out-do him in tracking down people. They've had something of a rivalry over the years; the title of 'Greatest Detective' jumping around between them many, many times.

"....this is a personal insult. Doesn't that cripple realize who I am? He needs HER as well? This is infuriating! This is...."

"But Saho, honey~ You need her too."

"...."

"Wouldn't it speed it all up? Then you'd have more time...for me...." Saho said disturbingly to himself, in what he thinks is a 'feminine' voice. Feeling defeated, he grabs his eiderdown jacket and heads off to track the world's greatest tracker.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Much of the police force was strewn thin quelling the chaos that had broken out among the city, many of them struggling morally and reluctant to "fire at will", as their commanding officers had instructed to do when the civilians behaved in this manner. What had Will done that warranted death? The mayor, with all his power, had refused to step in; how capable of a leader was he? What leader rules through fear?

Meanwhile, at the park, one of the powered armors had stumbled upon the corpses of some fellow officers with a strange glowing figure. If one could smell the area, they'd smell a thick cloud of alcohol. Wait, no they wouldn't-their lungs would be charred.

Outraged that he left a thief slip through his fingers, the Mayor personally entered a station and demanded that he be given information as to the whereabouts of the best detectives in the city. One was apparently staying at a hotel by the island. There had been rumors of a nimble and ridiculously insane individual going around the city and investigating one situation at an apartment complex, last they heard.

"What, like the Creeper from the comics?" asked the Mayor, though the officer at his desk merely shrugged in ignorance. He was not a comic buff.

Content with this knowledge, the mayor strolled out of the station and departed in a magenta painted limousine.
Back to top Go down
Mr Nerve

Mr Nerve

Hero Name: Mr. Nerve
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Rage Inducement

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

The whole crew breathed deeply in the confines of their transport. They survived. Barely.
It slightly hurt Nerve's pride he ran away from the Flaming Mayor. Then again, he was a thief, not a Super-Man. He survived. That was all that counted.
Yet how was he going to escape?
The clear answer was escape by boat, yet he needed time. Time. How was he going to buy it? His crew was somewhat anxious after they lost one man already. He had mouths to feed and a hide-out to find. There would also be a whole police force on the hunt for him. Probably some other hired help.
Such as detectives. Detectives?
Nerve's mind suddenly goes ablaze as he thinks up of a genius plan ( with this playing in his head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FLPgzzuJOS4y7bAgW-JljBMg&feature=endscreen&v=WivrX29dufw&NR=1).
He would hire detectives, who would not only keep tabs on the hunt but would also try to arrange his exit and at the same time hamper the search for as long as possible.
He had the means to pay. The loot, the good prices in the black market they would have.
The only problem was finding a detective in the first place. Ah, perhaps some advertisement? A spot in the papers? Yes, that was a good start.

After what seemed to be an eternity in an underwater coffin, a secluded pebble beach was found. A small cave nearby, offering a good temporary place of rest. The team prepared their lodgings whilst Nerve quickly wrote down a letter, with a wad of cash he thought he could use for the markets back home sacrificed for the greater good of convincing the press of the 'Orchid Tribune' to publish their ad on the seventh page. A contact number was added, that of his more technologically proficient henchman. Nerve stalked through the woods to a post-box near a bunch of holiday homes a mile or two away. The letter put into the box, he had nothing else to do but wait.
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Jimmy gets framed, Vault leaves the Chief a note.   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Diggens investigated the apartment and stumbled upon the little baggie containing the powder. He then sent a message back to the station to have them detain Jimmy for a while until he got there. He and Vault then made their way back to the station where the powder was run through the lab. Turns out that it wasn’t cocaine. In fact, he would have gotten off much easier if it were cocaine. It appeared to be some plant based poison, hard to trace unless one knew to look for it. And what do you know, it turned out to be what was ailing the daughter of that previous accountant. This didn’t go over well with Diggens.

“What is this? Revenge for all your little embezzlement schemes? Pinning down the guy that got you caught you little worm?” Diggens yelled at Jimmy in the detaining room.

“It wasn’t me, I swear! I don’t know how it got there!” Jimmy yelled back, honestly, though nervously. It was only met by a loud smack as Diggens struck him. Luckily enough for him someone felt it appropriate to step in and pull Diggens away.
“It wasn’t me, I swear!” He yelled once again, basically crying by now. Things were already set up to have him taken away however. All of his past overlooked crimes didn’t really help him in this situation.

As all of the muffled shouting went on, Vault rolled by the room, dull eyes focused on something else now. It seemed that even more crimes had gone on throughout the city while he was away. Not the normal stuff, but the abnormal things that he was researching. He caught glimpse of a report of radioactive activity going on in a park in the city. It seems like the one he was searching for was closer than he thought. Still no luck in capturing one of them however. It looked like that honor was going to have to belong to him.

Until he had what he wanted from the good doctor Andrews he wasn’t going to be able to take advantage of the misguided radioactive firefly. He did however leave a note for the chief that read
“Don’t lose any more men on this. Leave the walking nuke to me.” Along with a copy of his resume. It was always nice to have a copy of your resume ready to go. And it looks like he added something new to his experience column. “Paranormal Detective”.

Heading back to his desk, remembering the accounting work he had to do, because that was his job and all, he noticed the light on his phone blinking. He was a secretive guy of course, so he played the message only so he could hear it. Of course he deleted it right afterwards. He could only think one thing.

"I hope that guy dies."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:29 pm

"Saho, being the UNDISPUTABLE greatest detective on Earth, didn't take long to track down Basset's home. It just reeked of....men! And...bukkakes! I'm sure of it!" No you aren't; no it didn't.

"Shut up! She is an awful, vile, manipulative temptress! She sleeps with the internet poll, ALL of it! That's how she outranks me!"

"But Saho, you're in the lead right now..." Saho whispers to himself in a comforting feminine voice

"And two days ago she was! In an hour, she'll be again; unless my prediction is wrong and it's NOT. Unless SHE slept with everyone to get them to vote ME the greatest again, JUST so she could make my prediction wrong to screw with me!" What?

"Either way; Saho easily bypasses her security features thanks to his agility and sweet flips; THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE, and begins to rummage through her belongings. Basset was challenging me; I know it. This place was too easy to find! Hell, even local 'detectives' could look her up if they wanted to, THAT'S STUPID! What kind of detective announces where they are and can be easily located?!" And you wondered why Saho had trouble with money and finding employment despite how good he is...

"After stealing several pairs of bras and underwear; Saho continues fiddling around in her hotel room trying to find out where she was- Which was pointless because he ALREADY KNEW! I even know the meeting place and time! So why did I come here?

TO STEAL HER UNDERWEAR! See, because I know where she keeps it, and SHE doesn't know where mine is! So I win! I've proven it! Yes! My vengeance is complete now! AHahahaha!! Mother issues? Who has mother issues now, HUH?! LET'S SEE YOU EXPLAIN YOUR MOTHER ISSUES WITHOUT ANY FRESH PANTIES, HUH?! And then she comes begging me for her underwear back....ahaha...I'll have her...I'll do THOSE THINGS to her and she won't have a choice but to obey because I have her underwear, because I DETECTED IT! Because I beat you, mom!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!"

....And with that, he left Basset's hotel room and continued following her, a suitcase filled with her underwear in hand...

Saho, why wouldn't she just buy more?

"BECAUSE THAT'S ADMITTING DEFEAT, OBVIOUSLY!!....but what if she DOES buy more just to admit a fake defeat and patronize me?! She's laughing at me right now isn't she?! God, why do I love it when she laughs at me?!!!"

Saho Mange: Currently World's Greatest Detective (from a popular internet poll). Fear his intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: To the meeting   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 pm

After finishing up with his accounting duties and rummaging around the files a few more times, Vault headed back to the facility. He had a big important meeting tomorrow after all. He rolled up onto the grounds and made his way inside and to his room, an orderly stopping by to pick up the chair and his clothes after he undressed. He sat in the chair at the desk in his room before rolling his hands over his face and through his hair, resting his elbows on the desk to support his head.

After a while he lifted his head and began to go through the assorted folders and papers he had collected there.

The next day he began to get ready. He rolled out of bed, hunching over to stare down at his half mechanical legs, the same way he always began his mornings, as if to remind himself of what happened and what he was doing.

He started with a sponge bath, one that he could have totally done himself, but he instead allowed one of the nurses to do instead. He grimaced the entire time, obviously hating the touch of another human being, but he put himself through it, as some sort of tolerance training. It wouldn’t exactly help him to appear odd or inhuman amongst the people he attempted to communicate with. Once this was done he was brought a fresh pair of clothes and another wheelchair, and soon he was off.

He rolled his way out of the complex and towards the forest, careful to avoid any routes that he couldn’t push his chair through. Eventually he made it up to the meeting place. There was a bit of an incline towards the point. Probably a bad choice of location on his part, but he made it up to the edge. He was a bit early so he simply parked himself there and gazed out over the land, enjoying the view.
Back to top Go down
Basset

Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm

In no time, Basset found herself in another part of Orchid's city. Checking her watch, Basset realized that she was a tad bit early. She decided it couldn't hurt to stop to get a quick cup of coffee to go.

Luckily, there were numerous mini cafes in the city, so getting coffee wouldn't be so hard. Basset found herself waiting at the counter of a not so busy coffeehouse. She was once again checking her phone, making some last minute messages and so forth. Basset was well engaged in the task until something caught her attention over her left shoulder. More of a sense than a thing; like there was someone familiar in her presence. Was someone stalking her?

Of course there was. It was that detective guy, whatshisname, like usual. Even when he enter her lodging not too long ago. Probably to steal more undergarments, but she could always buy more later.

The young lady at the counter drew Basset out of her thoughts, ready with her coffee. Basset gave the girl a little extra for her troubles and quickly left. The coffeehouse was nicely located to be a couple kilometers from the forest where she was to meet this person so it didn't take that long for her to find the spot. A figure seem to have been waiting there already.

"Why hello there," Basset called ahead. "I must apologize for the wait. I hope it wasn't an inconvenience."
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:54 pm

The mayor had arrived at the outside of a resort, and many of the hotel patrons and employees recoiled in fear. Mayor Damien smirked. Most of them did not interest him, just the maitre d'hotel. The waiter for some reason was hesitant, but complied when he saw the flames igniting in the mayor's eyes. Literal flames: as if his eyeballs had transformed into fire and back. He know where the woman who called her self "Basset" stayed, and soon had his answer. But-no detective. Mildly annoyed at how the woman's roommate kept no tabs on her, he walked away, torching some of the bushes that lined the walkway entrance and returned to town in his limousine.

Meanwhile, Chief Mayweather had his hands full maintaining order within the city. Affording himself one brief moment to rest, he spied a new document on his already cluttered desk, telling him not to lose any more men and the resume of some one named...Surge? Was he the paraplegic from before? It didn't matter, not now. If the kid wanted to play Paranormal Detective, he'd let him, so long as it didn't get in his way.

Meanwhile, a hazmat team had been called in to investigate the park area, seeing something glowing in the bushes but not risking their lives to go any nearer than some yards. Behind them were two hulking exosuits. It was odd how any city could manage to afford them. Still, they were armed for battle and aimed their weapons squarely at the glowing...what.
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: The meeting   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:00 am

He found himself caught up in the scenery, his eyes closed as he waited at the edge of the cliff for the woman to arrive. Her voice came as a surprise to him, quickly waking him from his daze. He slowly turned his head to the side to look back to her, unlocking his chair to let it slide down the incline a bit before he turned about to face her.

“Hello…” He responded back to her. She seemed normal so far. Good. He continued to watch her as she approached, his head slowly tilting to the side as he thought.
“Before we begin I’d like to know something about you…” He said, getting right to the point as he wasn’t really one for small talk.
“What are your goals, exactly?” He asked, feeling that this would be something he should know, to ensure her plans didn’t conflict with his own.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:08 am

"I'll tell you HER goals!" No, Saho. don't.

"She's an evil, vindictive, slutty witch who's only goal is drive me to hell! But it won't work! HEY, BASSY, DID YOU SEE THE LATEST INTERNET POLL? HA! I'M STILL IN THE LEAD!" Saho, leaping down from a tree he was on apparently, did a mid-air backflip before landing on all fours on the ground; he got up smiling with a wild look in his eyes.

"Crippie! How could you? We're BFFS Fo LYFE! We were like THIS!" Saho crosses his fingers.

"And you! 2nd Greatest! Stop stealing my work! Crippie is gay and doesn't want your evil vagina dentura! He's with me and me only! Isn't that right Crippie, my hubby-woobie?! Besides, I'm the greatest detective! I can prove it, look!" Saho holds out the suitcase he was carrying, and opens it; Basset's underwear comes falling out.

"I took her panties! ALL OF HER PANTIES! That means I'm the best detective EVER!!" Saho laughs proudly before trailing off near the end and saying the following in a hushed voice.

"Also, I need your help Bassy-cakes."
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:13 am

Vault's eyes were starting to roll into the back of his head. His only thoughts at the moment were:

"If there is really a god, strike me down now. For the love of god just kill me. Let me die. End this please."
Back to top Go down
Basset

Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

Basset did not know what to make of the scene, but she did major to get a good laugh out of it. Even with her travel undergarments scattered on the grass.

"It must have taken you, like what, 10 months to actually come forward. I'm so proud of you." She spoke to the eccentric detective. "But your congratulations has to wait. I have some work to do with your 'hubby-woobie', that is, if he isn't in too much of a state of anger to proceed."
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 am

"Damnit, YOU don't mock me!....no wait...k-keep mocking me.....I like it? NO! I hate it! And I'm not gay, Crippie is! I'm fine with anything as long as it's cute!" Please stop talking.

"An-an-an-and....there's nothing she can do that I can't do better! You hear me? NOTHING! Not even that or that or yes even THAT!" Even Saho must've realized he was acting odd; even for him. His face flushed red and he stared at Basset, mouth gaping opening, panting, and sweating; he was fumbling over his words and his heart was racing....seems he has quite an obsession with the '2nd best'. He gulped and continued to stare at Basset, drooling now.

"A-a-also..I....n-need to hi.....hai-.....hairr......HIRE you" He spat out, and dropped to his knees feeling hopeless. He fell forward and supported himself with his hands while staring down at the ground....he'd never felt so defeated.

"I'VE NEVER FELT SO DEFEATED!" See? "OR AROUSED!" What.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 am

Agitated, the mayor instructed his driver to take him to the Chief, and the chauffeur complied. Traffic changed around the limo to accommodate the VIP inside; no one wanted to get on his bad side.

At the station, the following exchange occurred. It'd probably be more intense if you could hear the voices in my head making the exchange, but to make up for it you can listen to the loud voices that are always arguing in Saho's head.

"Mayweather, did you know my home was robbed last night? Some insignificant little peasant saw himself worthy of my valuables. Tell me, have you caught him?"

"I had heard, yes, but no sir, we have no leads..."

"What do I pay you for, what do I even keep you alive for?"

"Sir, to be fair, you were the one who justified your lax security with your...ahem...talents."

"I know; no one in this city would be so stupid as to even look at my home with any malicious intent. I'll ask again, do you have any leads?"

"Well...I, there are some suspects...I myself fought some meta-humans but they got away, and..."

"Am I to understand that you let two such rapscallions escape into my city?"

"No sir, it's that simple, y'see..."

"You're on thin ice, Mayweather." With that, the conversation was over and the chief could not be more relieved that he was not struck down then and there.

"Shit." Sgt. Afro, as Agent 58664 affectionately nicknamed him, sighed. Maybe that paraplegic did know a thing or two...
Back to top Go down
Basset

Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:53 am

Basset, now holding back her laughter out of sheer pity, simply shook her head, keeping her calm composure as she smiled. "No one is mocking you dearie. It's alright to ask for help. Especially from the 'second best'."

She made her way next to the kneeling, panting detective, kneeling in front of him. "Feeling defeated is also quite alright," she spoke in a much softer tone, giving the detective's head a soft pat. Basset leaned in close for the next part, whispering into his ear. "And it's 'Greatest Detective'. I checked minutes ago. I'm back on top... Like. Usual."

She stood back up, dusting off her knees and fixing her skirt. "Now, where were we?"
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:24 am

"On top...like usual..." It can't be, Saho's run the average thousands of time. Basset is only in the lead 49.83% of the time compared to Saho's 49.90%. The rest is 3rd best guy, so she's not on top most of the time-

"..Oh." Memories from a horrific childhood come. Feelings he hasn't been able to understand in all his life reawaken within him. That's not true. Saho is an expert in psychology. He CAN understand them; he just doesn't want to accept them. Regardless, Basset infuriates him. For the longest time he's entertained the idea of just killing her; after all, between the two he is the one better suited for combat....but it wouldn't prove anything. All it would prove is that he's stronger; worthless to Saho. All he cares about is being SMARTER.

Though as he watches her; Basset's taunting. Her movements. Her patronizing demeanor, he feels....something. The never-ending dichotomy between the two 'the best'. The irrational way he feels the need to PROVE his superiority to her is only a paper-thin disguise for trying to impress her. Because, as the only one who's ever challenged him intellectually, Basset is a metaphorical line to him. The difference between the abused boy he is, and the man he wants to be. Do I need to spell it out? She's a stand in for his MOTHER.

"..." His eyes bugle as she leans in closer to him and he jumps at her touch, and then she whispers. Her hot breath against his ear, he can't take it. He wants to stab her but he can't remember where he put his knife, any of them, and he carries like a billion all the time. But it doesn't matter. He's lost. And the symbol of his defeat?

The warm stain of shame on the crotch of his jeans.

Last edited by Sena on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control Rod

Control Rod

Hero Name: Control Rod
Alter Ego: Rod Cragsworth
Main Power: Radiation Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:25 am

Raising his hands into the air slowly, Rod emerged from the withered bushes. He'd done a fair amount of decay and damage to the park, or all the parts he had visited, at least. He had gradually begun to realize the extent of these new powers of his. He wasn't dead, despite feeling very much ill. Like a man hopped up on pain killers and withering away in a hospital bed, even though he was now stronger than he had ever been in his life. It was jarring, to know that in spite of feeling as if you were about to drop dead at any moment, you could direct that feeling outwards. To a brick wall, a car, a man, and watch them burn, melt, or blow away in the breeze. He was still processing all of this when this latest group of authority figures arrived.

He hadn't meant to kill anyone, before. They just were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was giving off too much radiation. His emotions were running rampant, and all of that was causing a very large dispersal of invisible, lethal radiation that made very quick work of the officers, before Rod had even known they were there. But it was an accident. He didn't want to kill anybody. Well, actually, he did. He wanted to kill a LOT of people. His boss, his boss's boss, an entire board of directors, whoever designed that faulty cooling unit. In fact, there was short-list for the murdering spree already forming in the back of his mind, but right now he needed his space.

So, stepping from the bushes slowly, arms in the air, with a better understanding of his abilities, only giving off the smallest amount of radiation that he could so as not to accidentally kill anyone (though anybody coming within a few feet of him was boned no matter what, really) he cleared his dry throat.

"Let's all take it easy, fellas, huh? I'm just...gonna be on my way. I'm sure you're all very busy and ah...I don't wanna inconvenience nobody, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Talk D. Preach

Talk D. Preach

Hero Name:

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 am

Vault was starting to get impatient with this man interrupting his meeting.
"Sir...I'm going to have to ask you to leave. If you do not, we are going to have a problem." He said, trying to remain calm, or at least sound calm.
Back to top Go down
Basset

Basset

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 am

Basset nodded in agreement with her soon-to-be client. "It would be best to let the adults talk, love. You can always contact me later, since I take it you know when I'm available, and unavailable. We can chat over a meal, regarding you 'hiring' me."
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 am

It was then that the cripple's legs began to vibrate, not that he could feel it. It appeared his cell phone was ringing.

If he chose to answer:
Spoiler:

If he chose to let it go to voicemail:
Spoiler:

Across town, many of the hazmat men and soldiers were baffled, not expecting the man to go quietly. In fact, they weren't expecting a man at all. They wondered if the man would be so kind as to climb into a barrel marked "radioactive waste", and requested he do something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Sena

Sena

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:42 am

Saho; too lost within the (very dark and disturbing) recesses of his mind, can't really hear the words being told to him. He collapses, face-first, onto the ground and seemingly blacks out....

Inside his head, though, he screams. Reliving the endless nightmare of his childhood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake Huron: Orchid Island   Lake Huron: Orchid Island - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lake Huron: Orchid Island
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: