Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Signal

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Signal
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Psionic Energy Conversion, Vampirism

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 am

Signal could, in the distance, hear the talk of various men (two of them being two of the four she had earlier confronted). She finally finds a staircase and flies up it, finding herself on a smaller floor. Good, this may finally be the way out.

And then she received another 'message' from him. "Practice your evil laugh. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" the voice echoed. She shook her head... and chuckled. Signal immediately caught herself and stopped, telling herself, "No. I will not humor that. That is WAY too cheesy."

Signal opened a door and looked out. The sun was... maybe two thirds already setting? This was good. At least she won't burn up now.

She looked around and began to walk around the place. Seeing that guards were firing on someone, she took cover nearby, hoping that she could get a good view of who it was they were firing at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://diamond-dangeresque.tumblr.com/
Valencruz

Hero Name: Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz
Alter Ego:
Main Power: To be dead as fuck

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 am

Finally free, with the sun setting, he turned to his last servant: the smartphone guy.

"Listen pal...you've been helpful...well, mostly your phone but uh...we need to split up."

"L-Lord Valencruz...?"

"Look, don't make this harder than it has to be okay? It's not you, it's me. I got things to do."

"But...all is-"

"Yeah, yeah, all is for me. It's flattering but I got to go."

And then the man broken down, fell to his knees, and wept openly, begging Val not to leave him.

But he did, he turned into a bat and flew off into the sun, for Val's wanderlust had kicked up again.
He had failed in his quest, because of himself.
He had destroyed an entire city of his own slaves.
He felt a deep, searing agony within him and began to question everything of who he was.

And so, he flew East, to a new land, and new adventure...hoping to, maybe, find answers to his own soul.
TO BE CONTINUED, NOW IMAGINE A PICTURE OF A SAD BAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://The /co/niverse spawned from the combined ideals of rando
GRAVITY LAD

Hero Name: Gravity Lad
Alter Ego: Isaac Parker
Main Power: Double Jump

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:46 am

Gravity Lad stared in awe at the chaos going on. What was happening in there? Lockdown? Hell breaking out? Things are getting too serious now. Gravity Lad can't handle this. He needed to retreat and investigate later, lest he become swiss cheese.

That might be too late. The guards spotted him. Out of the corner of his eye he sees a young woman running outside of the complex. The same woman in Eagleopolis. He needed to talk to her.

He did what he could do in a split second decision, with double jump powers, cat-like reflexes, and a bunch of armed guards shooting at him: he jumped to the woman hiding from the gunfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 am

As the kid from the sewers landed beside her, Signal couldn't help but jump back a little.

"Oh! You're, um... you're from the sewers. Uh, hey there." Signal lifted her helmet visor. At least he was doing better than she was despite being shot at. "What is this place, if you know where we are?"
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 am

One of the group of twelve men poked his head out of a one of the doors and espied the witch. At the same time, one of the men firing at the trespassing boy saw where he had landed. They both signaled to their respective units and it a matter of seconds, the two were surrounded by a force of roughly twenty armed men.

One of them tilted his visor upwards and dictated the following:
"I am fucking sick of you meta-humans ruining shit for everyone. You are going to fucking go downstairs and comply with the good doctors here." The you seemed to be directed at the child. "Frank, what the fuck are you doing?" he went on, not noticing the girl under her visor.

When that person lifted her visor and revealed that she indeed was not Frank, the man shouted:
"What the fuck? You killed Frank too? Devon I can handle, in fact I almost want to thank you, but you fucking killed Frank. No, shit is going down. Your shit."

Menacingly, he dropped his firearm, shed his helmet and stormed up to the girl, wrapping his, big, meaty hand around her helmet, and used to other to hoist Gravity Lad up by the neck. Shit, this guy was taaaaaaaaaallllllllllll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Hero Name: Zealot
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superhuman Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 am

Having left Sugar far behind in New York, Zealot now floats in the stratosphere, far above the Earth. Arms crossed and eyes closed, the deep blue spandex of his suit surges with muscle, rippling like an ocean. Honey-colored hair flows gently like a breeze, juxtaposed against the sun.

Sounds flit through his ears, everything...everywhere, all over the world, all that noise. Picking through it, sorting it, all that...ugh. So much of it, is...did Justice have to do this? No.

No, it didn't matter; he would do this. This world...needed to be saved. Sounds from...fuck, everywhere. A door opening, closing...alarm blaring as it opens, stopping as it closes. Footsteps. Gunshots. Speech...vampire's accent. Still alive. Saying something about...leaving. Didn't matter. Searing heat flooding over his body as little more than a gentle breeze, he feels the sun end its rain on his back-night had come to this side of the world.

Suddenly, a voice; a...familiar voice. The girl from those riots, the one he'd told to...strengthen herself. Sound focused, and he could hear everything. Words passing over her lips, shots still ringing out, footsteps, an-...no.

No, he couldn't hear a heartbeat.

Azure eyes open in a flash, the beat of rage almost audible as they do so. Zealot's head tilts itself to look down in the direction of Hot Spring Harbor, and his arms uncross and fly to his side.Fists clench and unclench, and lungs draw in the faint, thinned air that exists so far into the atmosphere.

Yes. There.

Dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 am

"Come on, guys, you saw I could just yank your weapons from you, are you still not going to let me go? And..." Signal took off the helmet, letting the man have it. "I didn't kill anyone to take THAT. I just... opened some locker doors. All the doors, actually. I wanted something to protect my head from the sun, at least until I can find a hat and some sunglasses."

She saw that the kid was being held by the neck and so gripped his wrist with one of her hands, floating in the air because WOW is he tall, holding it tightly. "You let him go. You can kill me, even, but he's innocent." A faint blue glow began to encompass the hand holding the man's wrist, and it began to slowly tighten.
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 am

He noticed the woman trying to protect him. After what happened in the sewers? Gravity Lad was touched.

"Don't worry about me. You're in Hot Spring Harbor! Get out of here before they get you." It wasn't really clear to her, because he was being held by the neck, but that's what he meant to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 am

Surging down out of the sky towards Hot Spring Harbor, hair flowing from atop his head, blue eyes open wide with anger, Zealot is coming. Descending like a star into the city, his waves of thought would become apparent almost immediately: he was angry. An ungodly amount of angry, at...Signal. Huh.

Coming into the perimeter and slamming into the roof of the building behind Signal with a horrifying slam, Zealot faces the random armed men. Looking up at her from behind, he doesn't seem to care about them much-his gaze is focused on her, and just her. Countenance is tall, stentorian, obvious; and unhappy. A hushed spark of anger coats his face, fists clamped together as though a vice. Voice ringing out, he yells.

"Did you think this was what I meant, when I said stronger?" Advancing towards her with audible menace in his voice, Zealot barely even notes the men around him. Screaming again, compressed air spewing from his lungs and causing his words to be loud as a megaphone. "Did you think I wished for you to become a monster?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:15 am

Signal was thrown off as Zealot appeared practically glaring knives at her. She lost her grip and took a deep breath. She had to explain the whole story. If he believed her, then he believed her and that was that. But if not...

"I wasn't turned into a vampire of my own desire. The vampire... Valencruz, he was killing innocent people. Almost destroyed the robot sending out SWAT teams and stuff. He wanted everyone in the city under his control, and in a fit of power he killed them all. I fought the vampire, he was about to turn me, so... I set myself on fire. I hoped that would kill him, and it did. But not before he turned me as I died with him.

"Whoever revived him also revived me. You have to believe me. If not, find the robot and ask him. He saw everything."

Signal crossed her arms. Death stared her in the face once again. She felt terrified. Not as much as when she was human, but... she looked down. She felt humiliated. Defeated. Worthless.
Back to top Go down
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 am

The man smiled when she heard the girl's words, and disregarding the little boy gasping for air. He tossed the boy aside, freeing up one of his hands to unsheathe a pewter fish scaling knife. Of course, he didn't ever use it for scaling fish, he just needed a reason to justify his large personal collection of melee weapons. He held against the little girl's jugular, as slowly dragged the blade across her throat, licking his lips and getting a visible erection as he did so, it's shape distinct even underneath the padding protective cup he was hopefully wearing.

It was then that he noticed his arm hurt like a bitch, and dropped the lass before he could complete his task. Security guards are fucked up.

Most of the eyes, visibly uncomfortable with the fact that this guy had problems, coyly looked away and made smalltalk, even going as far as to feign remorse for Devon's death.

As a new meta-human descended from the skies, a shock wave of energy hurled most of the men away, including Mr. Psychopath. Really, his name was Cy Keaupath, but nicknames are nicknames.

"Shit." One of the men whispered as he clung to the Earth playing dead.
"How did you know?" The man next to him replied.

Cyrus, rising to to his feet announced that the meta-humans presence was no longer needed and that the situation was under control, save for the weird minotaur thing five floors below them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 am

Thankfully, the guards retreated after seeing the superhuman descend from the heavens. Good. Chalk that one up as another close call. Maybe Gravity Lad should stop getting in over his head. That's certainly what is happening now. This conversation between the two; something about vampires and robots?

"Um, this isn't the best place to talk guys. Maybe we should go somewhere else..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am

Continuing to move forward, anger in no way lessened by the story she rapidly tells him, he shakes his head. Fist clenching as the other man begins speaking, Zealot moves over to him at superspeed, teeth clenched. "Big man, strong, I'm sure. Closeted homosexual, likes knives. I can hear everything, and you're an annoying pathetic thing-but, here's the main thing, don't think that you're important to talk while adults are, speaking. Because you're not." and sends a punc-ow. He attempts to send a punch into the man, or, more accurately, through his chest.

Whether that manages to occur or not, Zealot would then turn to face Signal, eyes still burning with rage. Also dependent on whether he punches through the man is whether or not the man's body is still on his arm like some sort of cheap, bloody bracelet.

"As for you, you're a monster. A beast. Some filthy...thing, in the shell of a female; but are you still that girl, as you claim to be?" Stepping towards her and allowing the man's body to slide off of his arm, he keeps his gaze firmly on her forehead." Well, then lesson one didn't work. Are you ready for lesson two?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 am

Mr. Psychopath, enraged that he would not get the the delicious sexual fufilment of executing a woman (a vampire woman, no less), barked at the boy.

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK YOU DIRTY FUCKING WOMAN LOVING SCUMBAG!"

Most of the men would be taken aback if this didn't happen on a regular basis. Still they needed a reason to keep the dangerously unhinged Security Guard Captain (which is definitely a thing) among their roster, which he was about to prove.

Wrapped the boy's head firmly between his palms, twirled around on his heels to gain speed before flinging him off in the direction of a small building that simply read "Science" on the door.

-or that's what would've happened if he had not been impaled after being publicly shamed. The remaining men rose to their feet and ran off crying, because fuck this shit, who even does this for minimum wage I mean seriously
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 am

"...I am still Signal, yeah. And I'm not ready. Far from it." Signal slowly floated away. No, she still needed to take revenge for the innocent people Valencruz killed. She still needed to fix things. Signal looked up to lock eyes with him again. They were terrible to look at, not because they were ugly, but because of all the malice inside them.

"If your lesson includes beating me to a pulp, even outright killing me, then it's honestly no better than the 'gift' Valencruz gave me."

She still had quite a bit of energy for telekinesis left, but... at least Valencruz had a weakness, one she could exploit. Zealot? She knew nothing about what he was or wasn't weak to.
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:51 am

"Let's not beat women to a pulp tonight, that wasn't on my agenda list at least." Gravity Lad tried to appeal to the god in front of him. He could see the good inside Signal. He didn't see this supposed beast,the intensity and tension the two super powered beings felt about each other. Signal and Zealot locked eyes, but Gravity Lad didn't understand.

"Zealot,I know you're not a guy to listen to punks like me. Hell, you're not a guy to pull punches either. Look, let's all calm down and we can talk about everything." Gravity Lad smiled that dorky smile that couldn't impress anybody except Grandma.

Zealot ignored him of course. As expected. Why would a supervillain with godlike power listen to Gravity Lad?

Last edited by GRAVITY LAD on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 am

Floating up after her, everything about him surging with that ungodly, all-consuming, just...man, just that needless, insane rage, Zealot attempts to fly into her with super-speed so potent that most wouldn't even be able to process a thought during it, and grab her by the arm. Other powers may be new and untrained, but speed? He'd always had speed.

"Lesson one was kindness. A warning."

Refusing to look directly at her, his eyes shift themselves up above her head. A straining pull would begin to overtake her arm, a crushing one directly on the place where his hand is. Oh-...oh god. He's going to...eugh.

"Lesson two hurts."

Zealot pulls hard, attempting to separate the young female vampire from her arm with a sickening tear. If successful, he'd stay floating, letting go of her, but continuing to hold the arm.

Last edited by Zealot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 am

An eerie silence punctuated each pause as it became painfully obvious that there was no one alive around, except Mr. Jan Itor, who stumbled outside when he heard gunshots. Unable to control his fangasms when he saw Zealot and people to talk to, he began to ramble again.

"Ooh, hey! Is that Zealot from the television? Oh boy! You're a lot taller in real life, kiddo! You sort of remind me of my son, but he don't come to call me no more. And who's this lovely lass! Aren't you a fine looking lady! I had a daughter like you once but she tried to put me in a home. Say there girlie, why're you floatin'? You one o' dem superheroes too? Hot dog!"

Really, the old guy just wanted to feel like he mattered again.

When it came to things that weren't alive, however, our favorite and only tinman completed work on his serum. Somehow he had managed to reverse engineer the very ichor that seeped through the vampire's veins. Finally deciding there was nothing left he needed to here, he left the building to make the journey across the complex to retrieve some of the other things he had been working on.

He questioned the presence of the three meta-humans, but not enough to bother doing anything about it. He simply strolled along the rocky earth making progress toward the other lab.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:08 am

Her arm is messily torn off; she feels a large amount of pain, but it almost seems muted. She doesn't resist, though, as that would only make him angrier (and he's already pretty angry). "Please understand, how can someone get stronger if they're torn to shreds?" A pause as she watched the robot quietly make his way to another building.

"Devil's advocate for a moment here, the only thing holding me back from being able to defeat Valencruz when I was fighting him was that I myself was human. I could defeat him only because I took him down with me and with something he'd never expect from someone like me. From... from a coward, even! But if I have to do the same thing, to burn him to the ground and me with him, I wouldn't give it a second thought."
Back to top Go down
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 am

Floating before her, arm held lightly in his right hand as though a lopsided club, he shakes his head. A sudden clench of muscles, and the arm snaps in his hand messily-bones crack, and the pieces of it fall onto the ground below.

"You are a monster. A beast. Tell me, have you killed anyone for sustenance, yet? Murdered for no purpose than your own egotistical need to live? Hm, beast? Was it a soldier, coming to attempt at killing you, or just a random innocent person?"

Turning away from her, he shakes his head. "Humans...being held back. An amusing notion. You are a coward-and now a monster, as well. Try not to hate the light."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:30 am

"...I can't answer that." Signal kept to the air, staring long and hard at Zealot. "Mostly out of fear that you'd kill me. And I never said humans were being held back, don't you dare twist around my words like that. I said that I couldn't defeat him because I was human, in the same way that I wouldn't be able to survive a long fall because I was human, or survive blood loss from having an arm torn off because I was human. Humans can do great things, but they do have limits. You don't."

Signal took a deep breath. "You call me a monster, yet people fear you all across this country. I may have killed a few people, but what about you?"
Back to top Go down
GRAVITY LAD

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 am

Gravity Lad was frightened at the fight above. The old man beside him was still marveling at the situation. He noticed something fall from above. Was that a...Was that an arm?

He jumped. He jumped again. It was.

Gravity Lad grabbed the arm. "Here, hold this." He gave it to Jan Itor. Jan Itor smiled and continued on his way to another building. Gravity Lad continued to stare at what happened.

"Somebody should stop this." Gravity Lad thought to himself. He continued to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Synapse

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:39 am

As Jan Itor smiled and turned around, he had a heart attack and died when his age-eroded brain finally processed what exactly had happened. It did not help that he was holding a person's arm. His heart attack would be painful, slow, and completely fatal. Unfortunate.

Having retrieved his tools and sciency things and what have you and neatly organizing them in a rather large backpack, utility belt and duffel bag, the android casually strolled out of the lab. He then stopped for a moment to see Signal's arm liberated from it's socket. And body.

"Curious."

Setting his bags down, he casually pulled the young boy away from the event and hurried him along to a military jeep, insisting that the area was not safe for him. He would deposit him in the fishing community, confident that absolutely nothing of interest would attract meta-humans to the area to crush him into a fine paste.

As the two drove off, Synapse pondered that the silence might make the lad feel a bit awkward, so he turned on the radio, allowing the child's ears to be bombarded with Miley Cyrus' melodious voice singing "Party in the U.S.A."

Making one last trip to lab's exit to retrieve his bags, the two drove off towards the town, with Synapse deciding he had gotten enough use out it's facilities anyway. He learned all he needed to learn about the Behemoth and the Vampire he was going to learn, but nothing of Ms. Lagrange. Wait, Lagrange? Yeah, apparently background checks are a thing. He knew all about her, but nothing about her powers. Again, unfortunate. That research would have to wait for another time.

Last edited by Synapse on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zealot
Admin

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 am

Head held down, Zealot looked at the ground below. His arms were still crossed across his chest, hair trailed over his face, though out of sight. Muscles on his back bulged out from the spandex, and...something happened to his face. Skin stretched back, and a smile overcame it as he turned aroun-oh god. This was not a good smile.

"You're dead. How could I kill you? As for me..." Floating towards he, now, the vaguely open-mouthed smile somehow worse than that...fucking look he was giving, before, he continues speaking.

"I'm a hero. I'm the person who is going to save this world. The fear of humanity isn't my concern-I'll save them. I have killed so many people with so many powers that it begins to become abstract, but you...you are a pathetic thing, killing for no more than its own self-preservation. I kill for humanity."

With an air of finality as he gets nearer to her, making sure never to look into her eyes, he speaks:

"I am Zealot."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Signal

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:51 am

Signal looks into Zealot's eyes again. She reads the uppermost surface of his mind. Again, still cloudy and nothing concrete can be picked up. With the straightest look she can muster, she replied, "And I'm Signal. Glad to meet you again." If Zealot could read minds, he'd see that, plain as day, Signal was about ready to fly off and hide somewhere. And for the first time in a long while, she had no retort for the man who may or may not be ready to truly tear her in two. Her head bobbed down and she heaved a great sigh. Could vampires cry? Probably. But not in front of him. No way.

Telekinetically shedding the lab coat, Signal asked Zealot, "How can I prove to you I'm not a monster? That I'm just someone who had her humanity stolen from her in an attempt to vanquish evil?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor   

Back to top Go down

Oregon: Hot Spring Harbor
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next