/co/niverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalWikiLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lore of Universe 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Synapse

Synapse

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

Lore of Universe 2 Empty
PostSubject: Lore of Universe 2   Lore of Universe 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:14 pm

For those of you who need a jumping off point before you can start RPing, I understand that. Heroes and Neutrals are usually reactive and Villains are the driving force behind a story, but going out and terrorizing the public isn't really in anyone's MO. I understand that.

There's a thread that takes place in France and that's great, keep up the good work and all that jazz, but I can understand if there are characters that have no logical business being there.

That being the case, I believe the lack of activity in Universe 2 is because it isn't as structured as the Ultimateverse; I get that. So for anyone who might be able to use this information, here is what happened on the last thread on 4chan:

India, Pakistan, and probably whatever countries they were allied with went to war for some reason. meanwhile, Big Bang found his way to Earth after blowing up a planet or something. Basically, Synapse, Gravity Lad and Phoenix tried to stop them but to no avail. Since Big Bang isn't here we'll just say i arrested him and he got the death penalty because Texas or something. The Hand is still at large and few people believe he has anything to do with anything except for some of the heroes so he's still a free man until we can pin some shit on him.

Meanwhile, there's gang violence or something? Yeah, sure. That gives people street level threats to deal with,.
Back to top Go down
Lungfish

Lungfish

Hero Name: Lungfish
Alter Ego: Mark Holmes
Main Power: Respiratory System Manipulation

Lore of Universe 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore of Universe 2   Lore of Universe 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 am

Just a little more info on Wolfvegas

Wolfvegas is a small university of prestiegous airs in NE america. The school itself is expensive and tends to draw entitled brats from alumni families. The town of Wolfvegas shares the same name as the university and tends to think of itself in small town terms, ignoring the influx of almost 10,000 students for most of the year.

The local economy is dominated by the school and a handful of local businesses catering mostly to students. Wolfvegas was a protestant school up til the 70's and the current town and school administration seek to maintain that slice of american pie feel for the town, actively turning down deveolopment opportunities.

Wolfvegas the university is known for a well developed sciences department with many exciting opportunities for research and field work. The university also works closely with several large corporations (one might almost say mega corps) in a private public partnership to help make maximumal use of the talent of the university and the resources of the companies.

[Just trying to fill in a bit for wolfvegas, feel free to intrude on my domain]
Back to top Go down
Synapse

Synapse

Hero Name: Synapse
Alter Ego: Nicholas Eniac / Project S.Y.N.A.P.S.E. Mk III
Main Power: Cyber Mind

Lore of Universe 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore of Universe 2   Lore of Universe 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 am

We probably need more big cities with relevant areas. For characters like Gravity Lad and Lungfish, cities like that work because those cities don't have megalomaniacal supervillains.

For other characters, cities need to be valuable (e.g. for their resources for the villains to care) or have some pretty heavy stuff going on for stronger heroes to see a need to intervene (e.g. Synapse, Zealot, etc).

Of course, there are probably ways to write a neutral character into anything so they don't really need help.
Back to top Go down
Lungfish

Lungfish

Hero Name: Lungfish
Alter Ego: Mark Holmes
Main Power: Respiratory System Manipulation

Lore of Universe 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore of Universe 2   Lore of Universe 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 am

Oh Romeo Romeo, where is my low powered villain romeo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lore of Universe 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore of Universe 2   Lore of Universe 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lore of Universe 2
Page 1 of 1