Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Roleplay Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spook
Game Master
Admin

PostSubject: Roleplay Rules   Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 am

Stuff that is not allowed:

Godmoding

To summarize "godmoding" in one word, it would be cheating. A godmoder plays a character as more or less perfect; In other words, they never take a hit and force other players to be hit by their attacks by writing it into their posts.

Autohitting

Autohitting is a form of play in which a player, while in battle, attacks an opponent and forces a player to take the hit by describing it in their posts. For instance:

Quote :
Superman punches Batman in the chest with all his strength. The force sends Batman flying into the sun, where he dies.

This in effect, takes all control of the action of the RP away from Batman, and not only is it extremely annoying to the other players, it's no fun for Batman. Autohitting is just as bad as another type of Godmodding:

Perfect-Dodge

As the name applies, a player playing his character with perfect dodge like this never takes a hit. In the above example, Imagine this ad infinitum:
Quote :
As Superman punches batman, Batman moves out of the way and behind Superman, attaching a rocket powered by Kryptonite to Superman's back.

This also is unacceptable , because it makes the other player's posts futile.

This is a freeform role-play. This means that you have to discuss uncertain outcomes with other players or a GM. Yes, that's more work but that's freeform for you, unless you want it to devolve into endless cycles of "nuh-uh, 'cause I do X'.

If a player is doing this, don't be afraid to call them out.

If I see it happening, posts will disappear. Same as if I see things happening that don't make any sense. Send a pm to someone if they make a post that doesn't make sense. There's no system to provide structure so it's up to us.

Auto Responding

Auto-responding is the act of describing other players' reactions to you. You can only talk about your own actions; you'll have to wait for others to describe their own.

For example:
LookAtMe9001 wrote:
Brightman walks into the room. Everyone looks at him, so he activates his power and blinds them all with a brilliant flash of light.
LookAtMe9001 wrote:
"I sure do love fun" Brightman said.
"Fun!? I hate fun!" Policeborg replied, activating his lasers and going on a rampage of sign planting and destruction.
This is bad, because it's playing other people's character's for them. Not only does it often result in out of character actions, it also hogs the spotlight.

There is an exception to this. If you want things to move quickly, it's perfectly fine to discuss things with another player, then include the response of that player's character in your post. If you do this this, the other player will have to include a small note saying that they gave permission, or moderators will assume that it's a case of auto-responding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Game Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Rules   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:10 am

I really shouldn't have to but here it is:

Spelling and Grammar:

It matters. Put the effort to do it right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Roleplay Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Out Of Character :: Introduction and rules.-
Jump to: