Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Texas: Sustan City

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leviathan

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Leviathan
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Monster Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Wed May 30, 2012 8:39 pm

That was it. The blinding flash overloaded her senses like a firecracker going off behind her head, hitting the ground like a brick thrown by an angry god, and being pushed around by a tiny drunk?

That was it. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't stay sane. She couldn't stay safe. All semblance of control was lost as she swelled even further, jaw cracking as it reorientated itself into a predators lantern jaw, fingernails growing into long talons, eyes hardening into angry slits.

With a bestial roar, the creature began running towards the source of the bright lights and loud noises, tossing aside all in its path, making its presence known violently.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Game Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 pm

The streams of foam shut off when Eidolon stopped moving.
The black armored, black visored men carefully approached the encased creature, throwing cables over it and attaching it to a car, which began dragging it away.

But it soon became clear that it wasn't over yet as the sound of something crashing through the shanty was heard. The armored car dragging Eidolon put on speed, racing back to the city, while the other cars and officers formed a defensive line, covering the retreat and firing tear gas canisters.

Meanwhile at the fence barricade, the Military police officers fired with rubber bullets and still more tear gas at the rioters climbing the fence. An armored car rolled up and began spraying foam at people's feet, stopping the wave of rioters, but trapping some downed officers too.
The people fell back, not expecting such opposition from the authorities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviathan

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm

The tear gas filled the creatures eyes, blinding it once more. It roared in anger, continuing its blind rush forward until it collided into something heavy and metal. It could hear the yelling and screaming and firing around it, the chaotic noise only serving to further anger the monster.

Stopped by the obstacle, it stepped back and wiped its eyes clean. A vehicle of some sort? It grabbed it by the side, lifting it off its wheels and tossing it over on to its side. Searching around for something to hit, something to rip, something to tear, it saw people. Yelling people. People shooting pain at the creature.

It reached out for somebody to pick up and break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 58664

Hero Name: Agent 58664
Alter Ego: Chett Manstachio
Main Power: Darkforce Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Wed May 30, 2012 10:12 pm

As 58664 finished cleaning up in the men's bathroom of the museum, he noticed he could use a shave.

Donning his gear (sans goggles), he began touring the collection of artifacts.
It was nice to be clean and civil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leukocyte

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Officer Luke Ramirez
Main Power: Peak Human Healing

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 am

Luke swerved hard to bring the Charger 180 degrees. The creature had been subdued by... Subjugation foam? That's not right, the SPD didn't have that kind of tech. They should have been using water cannons.

"I don't think those guys are with me, kid."

Screaming. Gunfire. Luke quickly scanned the area. Rioters had been beaten back by the police. A lone man stood on top of a building surveying the riot. A 12 foot tall demonic abomination had appeared out of nowhere and was attacking some officers. The mysterious men in black were carting of the super he had encountered earlier. Triage situation. The rioters had been taken care of, the man could be dealt with by others, the beast needed to be dealt with.

Luke pulled out a camera and snapped shots of the mysterious man on the roof, the abomination, and the black van before getting on his commlink.

"Command, I've got another four two five alpha on a roof near my location, possible super. Seems to be inciting a riot. Requesting a chopper team to investigate. I also have multiple four four twos and four two zeroes perpetrated by another confirmed super, level Gamma at my position. Attempting to make contact"

Luke took his shotgun and unloaded the beanbag rounds, replacing them with XREP taser rounds.

"Alright kid, you wanted to help? Help me subdue that abomination. You blind it, I'll tase it. If that doesn't work, then I'll commandeer a foam cannon while you get its attention. I'm Officer Ramirez, by the way. Nice to have you on board. When we get out of here we'll discuss getting you registered."

Luke rushed towards the daunting beast, shotgun at the ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lumen

Hero Name: Lumen
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Light Mimicry

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 12:56 am

This whole things was starting to flash before Lumen's eyes quicker than he could process it. Ironic - the boy who can become light has a problem processing the light information around him. Okay, problem was putting it heavily. This was just a lot for a kid who literally just stepped off the boat from Iceland only a couple days ago.

"All right. I'll trust you on this one." The words came out with confidence this time. Lumen finally had a reason to get up and really push the limits of his powers.

"My name's Lumen, Officer. I'll do whatever I can, okay? Just," he sort of hesitated at the prospect "...just try not to get yourself killed. I'll try to coerce whatever that is away from here and away from them. Just shout if anything changes," Like the flicker of light his body had become, Lumen was phasing out of the car and hurdling towards the creature as fast as he was capable of moving.

He stopped a few feet short of the creature within a few seconds. 'This should be easier than it's going to be...' he thought to himself as he tried to lower his lumen output to just around the level of a house lamp and tried to speak to it

"Look, I know you can speak - so I'm going to assume you can understand me. I don't want to hurt you and I want to try and stop what's happening. I think we can work together... somehow." The words trailed off towards the end. Things were hot here and they didn't seem to be trickling off. Lumen just hoped this gesture would at least yield positive results. There's no reason to hurt everyone around here.

Last edited by Lumen on Thu May 31, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Nerve

Hero Name: Mr. Nerve
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Rage Inducement

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 am

Nerve watched with some respect the force used by the authorities. They really meant business, beating back the rioters. He would have to use the chaos of the commotion to simply wire trhough the fence.
He let out his pack of Beserkers to tie down the Offices whilst he sneaked up to a part of the fence some distance away from the main entrance, making sure to induce some rage in the MP's, hoping to break down their discipline.
He would have to work quickly through the fence if he was to get to the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prophet

Hero Name: Prophet
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Knowledge Projection

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Prophet observed the chaos below him, it pleased him, he wished to get involved, but he was too important to the rising of the Karfen to be injured. The monstrosity tried to climb up and attack him earlier, he honestly would have liked it, would have given him something to do.
But, there was something he noticed, there was continuous flashes of light underneath him, he looked down, to the see a man armed with a shotgun aiming a camera at him. This was good, he did want attention so people would feel fear if they saw him, but, if there was a reason for him to fight, this would be it, there was even someone with powers with him.
He then points a finger at them, and shouts "Those two are defilers sent to prevent the rising of the Karfen! Help me subdue them!"
He then climbs down the building using the environment surrounding him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Agent left the museum feeling refreshed.
Refreshed and famished.
As he sat on the steps on the museum, disassembling an reassembling the sawed-off shotgun and generally playing around with it, he wondered how Supers kept themselves fed; he would have given his right arm for a plant-growth power instead of what he had, he could use an apple.

Last edited by Agent 58664 on Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviathan

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm

The creature abandoned its wild attempts to simply break and tear apart the things and people around it in its simple-minded rage, stunned by the sudden appearance of the glowing super. Patches of blue bioluminescence flared in intricate patterns on the creatures dark, rubbery skin, and it stared down dumbly at the light in front of it.

It attempted to grab the light, and looked on in confusion as its claws passed right through it. A second, then third time, it repeated its experiment.

The creature stepped back, confused, looking around as if searching for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lumen

Hero Name: Lumen
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Light Mimicry

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Mid-sentence, mid-plea, Lumen can feel the brush of things passing through his light body. When he turns he sees a monster who looks more confused than he is. The difference between them was the seething rage that seemed to be pouring from this creature.

And in that same moment Lumen could feel the gaze of the crazed people around him turn to himself and Ramirez. There was now not only the cthulu-esque creature in front of him, the Leviathan behind him, and the man barking orders from the building above but also the crazed and insane on the ground. The military was still running it's course.

'Th-this is too much...' Lumen's voice echoed inside his own head. He could feel his body overpower and brightening without his will controlling it. He was starting to become more and more radiant. This pressure, this anxiety - there was too much at once. This was too much to handle, or process. Anxiety came from this fear, this will to do something right. But now, his anxieties were becoming rage, and anger. He could feel himself slipping deeper into his own light.

"This... has to stop!" he shouted, let his body radiate more light than he ever knew he was capable of. He flew a short distance in the air, maybe 20 feet off the ground and shouted again, "I said this has to stop!"
Lumen screams at the top of his lungs, his body radiates a light so bright it begins to white out even his own vision. He can feel his body start to shake and almost separate before his light emission drops, and he can't maintain flight. He comes crashing to the ground a few feet from the police cruiser.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vice

Hero Name: Ctibor Trpělivost
Alter Ego: Vice
Main Power: Mantis Physiology

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am

Ctibor grunts as he wakens from his sleep. His home, currently the underside of a wooden porch in front of a drinking establishment, has suddenly become filled with bright light and the loud roaring of pain. He looks at the cause of the offense from the cracks between the low-quality wood. A man on the ground, looking exhausted. And then... What is that thing?

"Do prdele," Ctibor whispers, scrambling to his feet. The monster was some form of beast, like the Czech wolfmen that would suck the blood of the young... And *take* as many women as possible. In both senses of the word. The offspring would be considered demons and immediately slain upon birth. If they lasted that long, anyway.

Ctibor is plainly dressed as he rushes to the aid of the man on the ground. His plain white tunic paired with his dusty dark-green work pants are exemplars of any working-class Czech. His boots are flexible, yet sturdy... as sturdy as they can be, considering their age. A beige silk scarf covers the bottom half of his face, showing only half of his small nose and a pair of burning blue eyes. Another Czech specialty. Finally, the only thing that remains covered is his right arm, wrapped tightly in gauze. It appears as if he is an amputee.

"Back off, demon!" He says slowly--yet with passion--in English. His accent is a thick Slavic, but it is understandable. "This man is in no ability for a fair fight. Leave now, or I will show you what a fair fight is."

If only the beast knew how absolutely scared Ctibor was. It could probably smell his fear. It did not matter. He would fight to protect... An honorable fight.

Last edited by Vice on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor tense conflicts.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviathan

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am

The creature cannot see. But it can hear, and smell. Blue light rushes up its neck slowly, as it turns to the source of the passionate voice. A maw opens up, gaping widely as the creature roars, spittle flying in thick gobs. It swings a paw wildly at what it thinks is the new annoying thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vice

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 am

Ctibor swallows heavily as the blow light grows from the creature's neck. This must be it. It will expel the blue devil's fire upon him and the tired man, and they will be stuck in Hell for all eternity.

No. No! Those are fairy tales. Such wolfmen do not exist. And yet, here he is, his arm wrapped in gauze because he looks like an even bigger freak without it. And this monster, with its blue neck and gaping maw... Oh god, what is it doing no-

SLAM. Ctibor goes flying several yards, crashing into his temporary home. He had raised his stubby gauze arm, but without the full reach of his claw... Worthless. What a fool he was for getting into this mess. But, honor. He needs the honor. Deserves it. Thirsts for it. Demands it.

"Oh... píchat!" He moans, getting up slowly. "Fine. Fine! Let us dance the tango or the waltz or the square dance, you stupid beast!" He is getting angry as he flexes his gauzed arm. SNAP! The white cloth goes flying in fifteen different directions as the dark green scythe becomes visible. It twitches as he begins to sway back and forth. Hardly noticeable... But he feels himself move rhythmically like a metronome. "Come! Be my dance partner, furry ball! Make the day mine!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 am

Agent's bottom began to hurt from sitting too long. He had seen a string of people moving, desperately, away from something.

"Supers," he concluded, as it was always Supers.

Agent left the museum and headed, against the crowd, for the disturbance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviathan

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 am

The creature is confused by the rambling noises of the new thing in front of it. But no matter. It wished to challenge Leviathan and do this weird dance? Weird arm or no; Leviathan wanted to settle this quickly. That slavering maw opened wide once more, and a tongue like a slimy python flew out to wrap around its target and draw it into that toothsome maw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vice

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 am

Ctibor shivers as he moves back and forth, the sight of the monster's teeth bringing fear to him once more. Suddenly, the beast's tongue flies out toward Ctibor. He shuts his eyes in fear as the tongue draws close. Before the tongue hits him, the last thing he sees before completely shutting his eyes... is his mantis-like claw, shooting into a position that will be within the trajectory of the slobbering muscle.

SLAP, ffup ffup ffup. Ctibor opens his eyes. The tongue hit his scythe-like arm and wrapped itself around the second segment several times. He looks from the tongue, to the--still twitching--third segment of his arm (the scythe), to the beast. He smiles, nervously.

"Promiňte," he lies, swiftly slamming the clawed segment into the fleshy knot around his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviathan

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:47 am

The tongue, not nearly as tough as the rest of the beast, is cut easily, splitting in half. Pale cerulean blood pumps from both severed ends as the creature screeches, drawing the abused muscle back into its maw. Holding its hands over its mouth and whimpering in pain, the creature takes a step back, out of its mind with pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vice

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 am

Ctibor, though incredibly satisfied at the look of pain in the beast's face, realizes two things. First: holy fuck, I'm getting drenched in this disgusting blood. Second: he had just committed possibly permanent harm to the beast. As he gingerly picks the tongue off of his claw, he considers the fact that the beast did hit him relatively hard... And Ctibor highly doubts that the wolfbeast was trying to give him a friendly lick.

The claw twitches. It seems... hungry? Like it demands something to crush. It had blocked the tongue with ease, almost without thinking. [i]Did
he think to tell his arm to move? Or was it pure instinct?

"Beast... I do not know what you are," he begins, carefully enunciating his words. "But, I do not think that this need go on. I am tired, and you are missing part of your tongue. I think we can call it a day, yes?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 am

As Agent arrives on the scene, he sees... two... oh whatever, he couldn't I.D. half these creatures anyway.

58664 saw two THINGS fighting.

He heroically slunk into the shadow of a building and watched with eyes hungry for knowledge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spook
Game Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:59 am

The military police, seeing their antagonist turn her attention to something else, decided to cut their losses and retreat with what they had. The standing officers quickly loaded into the armored cars while the scattered ones fired some tear gas into the street and disappeared into the narrow shanty alleys.

The car dragging Eidolon slowed, allowing the other cars to fall into formation around it.
At the far end of the street they stopped and formed a blockade, apparently waiting for something.

Meanwhile Ramirez's radio buzzed; "Command to Ramirez, there is a chopper en-route. Standby to confirm visual contact with chopper. Do not engage the target. chopper. Over."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leukocyte

Hero Name:
Alter Ego: Officer Luke Ramirez
Main Power: Peak Human Healing

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:06 am

Okay, Luke thought, Lumen just exploded. Great. And now there was some mantis person fighting the demon monster thing? And that mysterious man was heading this way with his rioters. The commlink sprang to life. Do not engage? Just sit there and wait for the chopper? Great. Just great.

Luke ran towards Lumen, picked him up, and placed him in the cruiser. He readied his shotgun in case someone tried to attack.

This was turning out to be the second-worse first day on the job Luke had ever had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agent 58664

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:37 am

58664 had been minding his own damned business, set on watching 2 atrocious monster-supers duke it out, drinking in the possibilities of each creature's battle potential.
And then some asshole threw a can of teargas right next to him.

Although he was glad for his goggles and gladder still that he had thought the thrown object was a grenade and had dived for cover, he had just bathed and now he would need to shower to decontaminate himself from the gas completely. Agent 58664 was deeply and personally annoyed with these aggressors.

58664's eyes were slightly irritated, mostly from the pain close to his eyes, as he came out of the gas-cloud and, though he had done his utmost not to breath in any gas, it was becoming harder to breathe; giving chase to the asshole who'd gassed him was out of the question.

Agent then saw an armoured vehicle (no doubt in league with those who had gassed him) join up with others around one armoured car which pulled a strange statue. This group drove down the street only to stop. The statue was obviously important to them as the other vehicles set up a barricade to protect it.

(Note: This next part works under the presumption that google did not hide some type of armoured car that is low to the ground with armoured skirts to prevent anyone from seeing underneath the vehicle [and reducing the vehicles mobility])

The people who had gassed Agent were trying to bash-and-dash.
Spitting on the floor as he kept slowly wheezing, he decided that this was a shot he could make. The barricade, by his rough estimation could be no more than 250ft away, this was not Yonge Street, longest street in the world.
Still, his vision was not as focused as usual, his face irritated,, and his breathing unsteady; it would do much for his aim to get closer. If he took the shanty alleyways, he might get closer unnoticed. If he found a shanty that was beat-up enough, there might be a gap through which to aim underneath the cars and shoot the statue, ruining their prize.

58664, reflecting that a sniper rifle would've been a great boon right now instead of pistols, took to the back alleys, wheezing and wary, to find a spot from which to shoot the statue. If he was lucky, he might chip it and ruin whatever value it had to the gas-ers who had ruined his clean day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Nerve

Hero Name: Mr. Nerve
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Rage Inducement

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:27 am

Nerve was working through the fence, all the time hearing noises of some great conflict, until he was momentarily blinded by a great flash of light.
Recuperating, he saw the cars and most of the police retreat. He worked through and now was in Sustan proper. Right. Now, to the museum. He strolled through the shanties, asking confused inhabitants and dazed rioters the direction to the museum in impeccable Spanish. Many mentioned some 'Prophet'. Probably the cause of these riots. Might be of some help. The museum was more important though, containing the old map of the surrounding areas, made by Spanish explorers and a Vinci codex.
He spotted a bicycle nearby, its owner nowhere to be seen. Nerve drove off on it to the Museum, trying to attract as little attention as he could. With great monsters fighting nearby this should be fairly easy. Should.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eidolon

Hero Name: Eidolon
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Biological Manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 pm

"Free..."

The armored car makes a fast turn and hits a cub, a minute crack forming as the statue thuds into the concrete. Eidolon felt the shudder of the shell crack, and doubled its efforts to break free.

The statue started to shake and rumble more as the armored car drags it down the road, but cracks started to appear on the surface of the statue.

It's only a matter of time now.

Last edited by Eidolon on Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas: Sustan City   

Back to top Go down

Texas: Sustan City
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Ultimate /co/niverse :: Roleplay-
Jump to: