Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leviathan

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Leviathan
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Monster Physiology

PostSubject: The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth   Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Exactly what it says on the tin folks, when did supermen originate? How? Why? How did this affect the world? What are things like today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boogie Knight

Hero Name: Boogie Knight
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Audible Inundation

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth   Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Well, my power is like an inherited power. There is only one person with my powers alive at any given time, and they could be from any planet in the galaxy. When that person dies, they pick a person with a pure heart and give them the powers. This has been going on for probably thousands of Earth-years, but the powers have only been on Earth since 1978, when the Boogie Knight inherited his powers.

So, superpowers have existed in the universe for at least several thousand years, and have been on Earth since at least 1978.

As for the effects of supermen, I like to think that when a super powered creature is created, it initially comes as a shock to all the inhabitants of the area, but very quickly people get used to it and it doesn't create too much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nostredamus

Hero Name: Nostradamus
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Preiscience

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth   Sun May 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I've been around for over 500 years. The origin of my powers is one of the few things I do not know, I've had them since birth.

I forsaw the events of the 'clash of 2 /co/niverses', and generally stayed out of the way, using the chaos to my advantage to acquire a few artifacts and technological devices which were subsequently declared "lost in the void" as the gateway between the divergent timelines was again closed. During the time the worlds were connected however, his Preiscience reached over to the other dimension. After sending a blanket transmission through the portal which was encoded to reach any counterpart he may have had in that timeline with no response, he realized that due to his foresight and manipulation, the only timeline which he could have existed on was the one on which he currently resides.

However, he couldn't resist the chance to meddle, and to hopefully fix some of the problems he foresaw. So instead, he took the opportunity to set in motion a few chains of events in Universe 2, while the gate held. Orders to call a certain payphone at a certain time and read a certain message, hologram playbacks to specific people, a dvd which seems to be talking back to you as you converse with it, despite being entirely unmagical and perfectly mundane, that kind of thing. Little bumps which would create big ripples downstream.

[The above is basically an excuse for me poking my nose in event in Universe 2 every once in a while. Plus it makes for good plot.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth   

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Superman, The Death of the Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Crisis of 2 /co/niverses :: Universe 1 :: Universe #1 Lore Discussion & Development-
Jump to: