Heroes, villains, other stuff that we don't care about.

HomePortalCalendarFAQWikiSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

An Expected Unexpected Visitor

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nostredamus

Ultimate /co/niverse Character sheet
Hero Name: Nostradamus
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Preiscience

PostSubject: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Novum Technology Corporate HQ, 56th floor, San Francisco California

Nostradamus looks up from the holographic display hovering over his desk, and out the enormous plate glass windows on the western wall of his office, as the Sun slowly sinks behind the Golden Gate Bridge. The office is well decorated, West and Eastern walls seemingly open to the air, with enormous sloping windows. His desk sits below an enormous symbol etched into the wall which serves as the logo for Novum Technology: a human silhouette holding up some kind of device which gives off an inner light. The desk itself is mahogany, at least three centuries old, and has several holographic emitters and communication devices on and in some places integrated into it. Behind the desk is a large chair which is seemingly embedded into the wall and floor, yet is still capable of changing orientation. The walls (where they aren't windows) are adorned with various artworks, reliefs, and in one case a large display screen next to a small conference table. In front of the desk sit several empty chairs, a half full bottle of wine, and a few glasses. Behind the desk on the aforementioned impressive looking chair sits the man himself - Adrian Nostradamus, CEO of Novum Technology and one of the 12 richest people in the world.

He sighs as he swirls around the wine in his half full crystal glass - an Italian white, the cretins never had managed to reach the level of the French in the cultivation of the noble grape - and picks at the remains of a roast pheasant. For weeks, he'd been getting the feeling that something important was about to happen, that the timestream was shifting somehow in a way just out of his ability to grasp. Like a sense of motion in your peripheral vision that disappears when you look directly at it. After a long period of self reflection, he identified this as the time and place where a small part of that larger whole was set into motion, and he knew who he was meeting and what he had to tell them.

To say they were not going to like it was an understatement.

He puts down the glass, and reaches over to a touchpad embedded in the left side of his desk. He pushes a button marked "Intercom".
"Olivia, hold my calls for the next 3 hours, and send him in." he says to the air above the desk. The face of his secretary appears for a moment on the touchscreen, her hand reaching for the button on her end which would have called him. Chalking it up to him watching through the cameras again, she snaps off a quick "Yes Sir." and closes the intercom application.

The door on the back wall - triple reinforced steel with an inner core of a material whose composition is not on any official records - slides open as the digital locks engage and a figure walks into the office.

Last edited by Nostredamus on Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Hero Name: Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz
Alter Ego:
Main Power: To be dead as fuck

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 am

Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz walked into the officer of the stranger he had heard so much. Getting in here in bat-form was simple enough, not dying in the sunlight was another matter.

He saw the calm, sharply dressed man enjoying his expensive wine and couldn't help but laugh at the juxtaposition. Valencruz was still sporting a blonde mohawk, black dirty, ripped jeans at the knee, a plain black shirt, and a long black leather trench coat. He was very much aware of the stereotypical nature of his appearance, but couldn't help to enjoy the irony.

"I don't suppose you'd have that in....red?" He smirked at the man, making sure to flash his fangs at him in an attempt to intimidate him. He had heard stories of this man, but didn't quite know what to expect, so he felt the need to test the waters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://The /co/niverse spawned from the combined ideals of rando
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 1:04 am

Nostradamus reaches under his desk and pulls out a small decanter filled with a crimson red liquid. Frost clings to the outside of the glass, with condensation forming minuscule rivulets of water which roll down the side. He begins pouring it into one of the glasses on the desk, as he motions for the 'stranger' to sit down."Taken 5 hours ago from a young man whose father is independently wealthy. Old money, going back to the foundation of the Intercontinental Railways. He was convinced while on a date with a pretty young girl who works as a secretary for one of my junior partners to give blood, in an attempt to seem more charitable. Likely in the hopes of getting laid." He finishes pouring and places the decanter down on the desk, the glass now 3/4th full of what is apparently human blood. "O negative. I understand it's something of a delicacy among the children of Caine."

He leans back in his chair and steeples his fingers. "Now then. To business. Your name is Valdimir Valencruz. In 1965, you were bitten by a vampire and began your current unlife. You can thank me for investing in windows which can be charged with electrical current to block 99.997% of UV radiation, which is why that beautiful sunset is not causing you to burst into flames and leave carbon stains on the floor of my office." Nostradamus intones, as he waves a hand at the still setting sun, whose last inch is just disappearing over the horizon.

"More importantly, you have come to me in search of another. I may have information on him. So why don't you ask?"

Last edited by Nostredamus on Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 1:20 am

Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz was taken a back. Most humans he had met were either terrified, fascinated, or outright trying to kill him. He took note of the windows and carefully inched from the comfortable darkness of Nostrodamus' large door frames.

"I guess asking why you aren't terrified is something of a waste huh?" He approached with a confident stride and carefully lifted the glass, giving it a quick sniff for taking a cautious sip.

"Wow. That's good." He took a much longer drink of it, "You say the 'donor' was male? Odd, female blood is usually much tastier but this....wow." He expressed his thanks as he enjoyed the rare blood, before realizing he had to get down to business.

"You are aware I can kill you before you take your next breath, right? Then let's not mince words" He shot the man a sinister smile and seemed to take a sadistic pleasure in imagining the ways he could make due on that threat.

"I've heard stories of an eccentric, wandering god. K-something. I want to EAT him, so tell me...

Where is he?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://The /co/niverse spawned from the combined ideals of rando
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 1:25 am

Nostradamus smiles and pushes the intercom button on the corner of his desk again. "Yes, Olivia, I'm aware he doesn't have a shirt. Send him in."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamina

Hero Name: Kamina
Alter Ego:
Main Power: Superpower Evolution

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 1:29 am

Kamina yawns slightly, looking at his watch. He was running a bit late, not that that was unusual but the man who contacted him seemed awfully particular on him arriving on time. Granted, the offer itself wasn't much. Some bigwig wanted to get a picture of the legendary Kamina, and that was fine with him. Hell, might even sign an autograph if he gets one of those free pens.

The elevator slowed to a stop at the top of the Novum Technology tower. The door slides open noiselessly, and the glare of the fluorescent lighting beamed down on him. A youngish looking woman sitting at the nearby desk looks at him with mild surprise, considering his attire, but today Kamina decided shirtless was the way to go. It gets his good-side for pictures.

"I have an appointment or-"

"Yes, Mister Kamina. Step right in."

Kamina blinked in surprise, but switched back to his winning smile. "Have a good day, sugar. Lookin' good." He chuckles and enters unceremoniously into the office.

He spies Nostradamus and the other man in the office.

"I ain't interruptin' nothin', am I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:15 am

Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz couldn't believe his eyes. There he was, a god...in a flesh vessel. Valencruz's mouth dropped open, he was drooling a bit.

"The power of a god...ultimate power....and all I'd need is a sip of his blood." Valencruz thought to himself. How? Why? It didn't matter. Nostredamus had given him a once in a lifetime chance, and he was not going to waste time asking 'why'? Still, he knew better than to underestimate a god, even one in a weakened flesh body, but the fact that absolute power was moments away compelled him to act....nervous.

"K-Kamina, was it?" He extended his hand out to the man, obviously anxious. "It's such an honor..."

And with that, his eyes glowed a familiar blood-red.
One look. that's all he needed. Make eye contact for a second and a vampire's will can be imposed on other beings. Valencruz wasn't stupid; he knew he would have no chance to impose his will onto a God...but he COULD paralyze him with a strong enough glow. For a second. Even at his best, he knew he could merely stun Kamina for just a second.

And yet, that second was all he needed. In that second, he would become the most powerful being ever. In that second, he learn EVERYTHING, do ANYTHING, and all it would take would be one look into his piercing red eyees.
Back to top Go down
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:24 am

Kamina tilts his head and holds out a hand. He looks Vladimir straight in the eyes, his own pointed sunglasses gleaming slightly. "Yeah, Kamina's my name. Good to meet you too buddy." He grins and slides to his side, putting an arm around his shoulders in one slick, well practiced motion. "You don't look too hot man. Could use a few rays." He winks.

He looks over at Nostradamus. "So tell me, what did you call me here for eh? I ain't a babysitter." His face lifts into a cheery grin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:32 am

Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz was taken aback. Right. Sunglasses. He was too excited by the prospect of infinite power he forgot a very basic element...still, the chance is still there.

"Actually, Mr. Kamina, I need to tell you something. Please, come closer. I know it's odd but this is very sensitive information, so please...lean your ear close to me..."
Back to top Go down
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 am

He ponders for a moment. "Wasn't aware I was invited to a high school girl's slumber party." He removes his arm and takes a seat in one of the fancy office chairs. "I'm still rather puzzled why you brought me here chief." He looks over his shoulder at Vladimir. "That reminds me. I told you my name. Where're your manners, brah?"

Today'll be an interesting day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:44 am

Nostradamus sighs from behind the mirrored shades he donned when the vampire turned to attempt his mind control tricks on the God of Hot-Blooded Heroes. "I called you here because you were supposed to be here at this time. Because as events transpire, it is better for all of us that you are here, now, rather than that you are not." He nods his head toward the strangely gesticulating vampire, "He's here for the same reason. And if I mentioned how this all lines up to a logical picture you probably wouldn't believe me. If I told you how long it took to resolve into a logical picture, you'd likely pity me.

"Right now our UV averse sociopathic friend here is going to spend a few more minutes attempting to somehow mind-control, cajole, beg, plead or otherwise convince you to surrender a small amount of your blood in the mistaken belief that it will grant him God-like power."

Nostradamus leans back in his chair and polishes off the remaining liquid in his wineglass.

"In the meantime, would you care for a glass of wine?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 am

Valencruz sat up to full attention, snarling and baring his fang. He no longer cared about 'subtly'.

"Mistaken?! Eat a god, and you become one. Drink the strongest blood that flows from the strongest individual and you will be the strongest." Valencruz spat at Nostredamus. "Why else would you possibly call forth for him? What could be so damn important?"

He glared over at Kamina, casually sitting in his chair.

"Are you even worth eating?"
Back to top Go down
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 am

He looks up at Vladimir and shrugs. "I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. A god? Please."

He waves his hand dismissively. "I ain't no more of a god than that hot secretary out front. I have no idea what you thought was gonna happen, but if you try to bite me I'll have to kick your ass." He grins up at Vladimir.

"Seriously though, you want to go out sometime man? I know this sweet stretch of beach just outside of town. Might find some hot babes for the two of us. Whaddya say? Might help your... uh, skin condition too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 3:02 am

"Heh, while I love to join you in your pursuit for deliciously golden brown ladies....I'm afraid I'm more of a night person." And with that, Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz revealed his fangs to Kamina while allowing his eyes to fall back into their deathly red glow.

"Still though...if you aren't a god, then you're just lunch." Valencruz said, apparently feeling a little humiliated. If Kamina had any real power, he could fight him off, and that'd be all the proof he needed....and if he didn't...well...
A normal human could never physically match what a vampire can do.

And with that, Valencruz seized Kamina by his jacket and brought his vicious fangs down onto his naked neck...

For a moment, before spitting it back up and throwing back onto the chair.

"Augh! That was disgusting! What HAVE you been eating?!"
Back to top Go down
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 am

"HEY NOW! THAT HURT!" Kamina reels backwards and holds his neck. "The HELL dude! That was UNCOOL. Totally UNRIGHTEOUS. FUCK." He glares up at Vlad. "Is that how you make friends? No wonder you're so pale. Must not get out much at all!"

He stands up and brushes off his pants before staring down at Vladimir. "You know what I have to do now?" He flashes his trademark grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 am

Valencruz glanced over at the disgusting tasting man trying to pick a fight. He began to laugh, overcome by the stupidity of it all.
A mysterious man bringing him a god to obtain ultimate power? How ridiculous! This moron? A GOD?! No wonder they seemed so embarrassed of him, how could he ever even THINK something so incredulous?

"Hahaha..sorry, sorry. I'm a vampire, you see. That's just...how we say hi to humans we don't intend to kill. Seems I was lost in my own ambitions back there, sorry sorry..." Valencrux continued laughing, doubling over in the ridiculousness of it all. It was there he thought, though he tastes awful, he could probably get along with this man...

"Lemme make it up to you, you like to party? I know some amazing night clubs..." Valencruz said, attempting to regain his composure and giving Kamina a fang-filled grin.
Back to top Go down
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 3:20 am

Kamina holds out a hand to Vlad and matches his fang-filled grin with his own toothy one. "A vampire eh? Just don't go doing that again. Shit hurts. "I might just take you up on that offer, although you're payin'."

With a flare of his cape, he turns towards Nostradamus, the holes in his neck slowly closing as he speaks. "Y'know, tricking a fellow to come up here to get ambushed by a vampire ain't cool at all. A guy might get the wrong idea about this company."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 11:30 am

Nostradamus smirks. "A guy could get the wrong idea about certain people who act like they know less than they actually do as well, but I consider it a rather endearing trait. That aside, I am merely an agent of destiny. I didn't bring you here, you had to be here at this time. Effect sometimes precedes cause."

He reaches over to the corner of his desk and fiddles with a few controls. The lights in the room dim, as the windows seem to darken almost to opacity, and the desk itself seems to glow with an inner light. The air above the desk seems to stretch and come together into a set of images - a holographic display screen.

"Both of you have questions - real questions - that you have wished to know the answers to for quite some time. That is why you have come here. I can set you on the paths you must walk." He pushes a few other buttons and his chair seems to be limed in a similar light to that of the screen itself. "Your job is to find the correct questions."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 pm

"A Q&A huh? Alright, I've got a simple one. Who ARE you?"
Back to top Go down
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Tue May 29, 2012 12:04 am

Nostradamus lets out a low chuckle. "That's always the first one they ask me."

He places his hands behind his head and leans back, seeming to settle in. "That's an interesting question, and it deserves an interesting answer. Who am I?

I am the rock at the top of the waterfall, yelling upstream to counsel boaters about the impending plunge.

I am the lone hunter, rushing into the town square panting to warn of the onrushing storm.

I am the scientist, reading the portents of the land and the mountain, informing the city of an impending eruption.

I am the sunset, red as the glow of hours-old coals, giving news of a bright day ahead.

I'm the wind, rustled by a butterfly's wings, that sets off a hurricane on the other side of the world.

I'm the ripples in the pond before the stone has been dropped."

He straightens out and tents his hands under his chin, staring directly into Vlad's eyes. He removes the shades and stares. His electric blue eyes heavy with the weight of many, many years and with knowledge beyond the ordinary. His confident smirk now seems more weary, a mask which is worn so close to the face that it has become a second skin.

"And also, I am Adrian Nostradamus, CEO of the third largest company on the planet, one of the richest men in the world, billionaire, occasional playboy, genius, inventor, polymath, natural philosopher, and multilinguist. Plus I bake a mean soufflé."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 am

Somehow, Valencruz wasn't too surprised at his rather poetic answer.

"Fine, you're the shot heard round the world, I get." Valencruz, not wanting to waste any more time, and myself, not wanting to continue the horrible act of trying to RP on a PS3, felt he should ask the important questions.

"You ARE aware I can kill you easily? Why aren't you terrified of me? How much do you know of my goals? And why, with the sun nearly settting, should I let such a dangerous figure like you alive?"
Back to top Go down
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Tue May 29, 2012 2:25 am

"A few reasons. Because I'm aware that you could kill me easily. Because Kamina would stop you. Because I'm rather high profile. Because I have several vampire hunters on staff. Because the sun hasn't set yet, and the room on my side of the desk is flooded with natural light.

Because I had garlic pizza for lunch, there is a crucifix in my shirt pocket, and the blood you drank earlier was laced with slow-release holy water.

It could be any or none of those. It could also be that I've dealt with things a lot more frightening than a child on a power trip who knows far less than he believes he knows. You don't get to be my age by being sloppy. Or without developing a certain flair for the dramatic."

He stops for a moment. The strange glow coming from his desk and chair seem to intensify.

"You asked who I am. So I'll answer. My profession specializes in the cryptic riddle and the gesture cloaked in mysticism, but let's be up front. My birth name was Michel de Nostredame, I was born in the Year of our Lord 1503, December 21 in southern France. I have walked this Earth for more than five centuries. Popular culture knows me as a soothsayer, a fortune teller, who peddled inaccurate prophecy to nobles with more money than good sense. And for a time, this was what I seemed to be, because I had Seen that history would remember me as such.

I am a seer. A prophet. A precognitive. I know what it is you seek because I've watched you find it. I knew you were to come here as I knew Kamina would arrive directly after you asked after him - though with him that's to be expected regardless of foreknowledge -

As to how I know for certain you won't kill me, you are currently speaking to a pre-recorded holographic projection. I left the room fifteen minutes ago."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamina

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 pm

"A precog eh? And you left the room fifteen minutes ago? Clever girl."

He leans back in the chair, mulling over what he heard. "Damn interestin' fellow you are. I bet you'd be awesome for making bets. Still though, for all you know, what exactly is your angle man? What exactly are you aimin' to accomplish?"

He grins. "And you're right. I probably would stop Palemaster here if he tried to attack ya. You know me too well, dude. Probably not well enough, I warrant."

He stands up and thrusts a thumb at his chest, striking a rather indignant if heroic pose. "Who the hell do you think I am? Some dude who'll obey the whims of folks claiming to be smarter? Fuck no! Now while you hide in some off-site place, I'm going to go get your secretary's number, and we're gonna have a righteous night tonight at the club." He turns to Vlad. "Aren't we, pal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valencruz

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Wed May 30, 2012 1:20 am

Vladimir Victor Vasily Varick Von Valencruz was a bit insulted at being called a child.
"You should get that crystal ball of yours checked out, 'Nostredamus', I don't kill people. Ever. I'm something of hero for that." That was a complete lie. He did kill people, just accidentally or unless it was in self-defense. He also wasn't a hero. He didn't kill because he didn't want to "waste food". Still, he figured this man wouldn't know that.

As far as Valencruz was concerned, he was just another uppity human taking a name with a lot of vague supernatural history in order to seem significant. The 'true' Nostredamus couldn't have lived for this long AND remained human, and Valencruz would've heard of a vampire like that. Just another human poking at sleeping dragons. Whatever, Valencruz had his fill of this man and his annoying cryptic-speech, and besides..

"Oh you have no idea. Do you have idea how crazy night-club people get at the idea of a vampire? Some glowing red eyes here, and fangs there and people will do anything for you. You know, even without mind control." Valencruz was secretly thankful for modern pop culture in that respect.

"Just don't complain if you can't keep up, my party lasts all night!"
Back to top Go down
Nostredamus

Alter Ego:

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   Wed May 30, 2012 5:49 pm

The hologram of Nostradamus smiled.

"My angle is a better future for humanity. Out with the old and in with the new. I help nudge the worldlines towards Utopia and away from annihilation. When you know which butterfly's wings cause the hurricane, you also know which caterpillar to crush to prevent it. And that small, almost unconscious act could save thousands of lives."

He turns to the vampire.

"Were I one with as many weaknesses as one of your kind, and one with such a relationship to the supernatural, I wouldn't be too dismissive of the cryptic musings of people who claim to see the future. Sometimes they might be bullshitting you, but are you willing to bet your Final Death on it? There are more things in heaven and Earth Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy, and more than one path to a supernaturally long life."

His eyes shift to Kamina.

"As to who in the hell I think you are, I think you are Kamina. Piercing the Heavens, believe in the me that believes in you, etc. I admit to not knowing as much about you as I'd like, but that tends to happen when dealing with others who muck about in Time and Space."

He leans back in his chair and the door to the office opens on it's own accord.

"Enjoy your night gentlemen. I've done my part."

Last edited by Nostredamus on Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Expected Unexpected Visitor   

Back to top Go down

An Expected Unexpected Visitor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
/co/niverse :: Crisis of 2 /co/niverses :: Universe 1 :: Roleplay #1-
Jump to: